OMDT - BOLTON - V - WEDNESDAY - (League Cup)

10 hours ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Sorry Sire but I was starting to nod about half way through so skipped to the bottom..

The WEDNESDAY boys to win!!!

Maybe this is one of our failings as a club, as supporters , and as players. We all tend to nod off about half way.

Well done M'Lord. Excellent read. Now do a piece about the now dead and buried Inter Cities Fairs Cup, which became our first flurry (Friendlies aside) into Europe, and concieved, I believe, by our own Eric Taylor. 

1 hour ago, Ethel The Tree said:

(slightly) off topic

But given Lord Snooty's fondness of Daisy Duke, pauli's fondness of Taylor Whats-her-name (not to mention his fondness of a Matchday tune)

... dammit, we've even been shown the length of garden fence Gary Madine forgot to creosote!

Well I'd like to raise the ol' cultural bar with a clip of Grace Slick in her prime

... and if you can, try and listen through headphones  :rolleyes:

...and now that's all I can concentrate on.

Thanks for ruining that photo for me, Ethel. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, AMB1867 said:

I think if we score more goals than Bolton, we'll win the game. 

Someone on here (cant remember who) was adamant that this wasnt actually true because of own goals

Basically if Bolton scored an own goal meaning we won 1-0 that would mean Bolton scored more goals than us but still lost.

Its my firm opinion that this is completely ridiculous

A very good day to you all, an excellent history lesson from mi'lud to get us all in the mood. Would be nice to see that Wednesday avoid falling into the trap of failing to take the league cup seriously tonight. It's a great old competition that we have some wonderful history with and the age old lesson in football should never be forgotten: wins beget wins. Win tonight and we keep up the positive momentum from Saturday, however insignificant progressing to the third round of the League Cup might seem. As others have pointed out, Bolton have a game on Friday night and so are likely to play a weakened side, presenting us with the perfect chance to deliver a solid performance and win. 

Naturally some squad rotation will occur to keep our lads fresh and present others with chances - those squad players who find opportunities harder to come by like Matias, those slowly recovering from injury like Abdi or those after a solid run of games to build confidence and stake a claim to a starting spot like Fox. Plus hopefully even a chance for our younger contingent to experience first team action (i.e. for crying out loud Carlos give Hirst a start).

Regardless, I firmly want us to be in the Beijing-bound hat for round three and am hoping for a deep cup run to build a few positive vibes around the place - remember how much positivity there was when we were dispatching Newcastle and Arsenal in Carlos' first season?

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Bolton 0-3 Wednesday (Winnall 28, 32, Matias 80)