Forestieri not in the squad

Guest Copthorneowl
10 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

A football club is bigger than any one player 

Of course it is.  Man U were bigger than Cantona, Southampton bigger than Van Dyke, Arsenal bigger than Sachez plus dozens and dozens  of others you sometimes have to work and bury your feelings of anger to keep your best player sometimes to the detriment of fickle fans.

Im sick of hearing self righteous fans tearing him ffs he can't go shopping in Watford without twatter trolls on him. Anyway once he's gone you'll see how well we do without him. I hope we prosper but don't think so.

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

26 pages of mostly bile and conjecture aimed at attacking our most valuable player in the last 2 play off campaigns 

I bet you lot loved Andy Booth or Chris OGrady

The best managers can handle the best players. 

Sorry, but that's absolute rubbish. 

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

The best managers can handle the best players. 

And that's the root cause of our issues.

Chuck in Mcguigan, Abdi, Urby, all the loan players who couldn't get a sniff, and it leaves a common denominator.

We have a manager for whatever reason who struggles to manage players effectively.

He's got this team in the play offs in his first 2 seasons, and appears to keep 90% of the squad happy. The likes of McGugan and FF have a track record of throwing their toys out of the pram. Maybe we didn't do our homework correctly before we bought them. 

2 hours ago, Manchester_Owl said:

The fact that he's had to be disciplined means feck all to anything.

We have no idea why he's had to be disciplined. So why hound him out of the club without full information.

It could be something really minor, the reaction to FF by some of fans is dare I say it tinpot. Don't know how to deal with a big player.

Its Carbone and Di Canio all over again and FF hasn't even done as much as them. Perhaps it's just a no nonsense Yorkshire thing but we suffered for losing those kinds of players.

It's a shame, because wide left in that system would have been perfect for Forestieri. We had to watch Adam Reach build an even greater portfolio of evidence that he is, pound for pound, the least effective player we've ever had, when a forward line of Hooper, Rhodes and Forestieri would have been a progressive sign of intent. 

Foresitieri would have been in his best position today, left of a front 3, and I bet that if he'd been on the pitch we'd be seeing a different point of view about him on here. 

Edited by Random Task

Guest Copthorneowl

Bad day for the anti FF brigade we now find Winall clattered him in training so it's not all down to Nando and his so called attitude.

But if somebody posts he refused to play against Norwich again I'll smash this iPad with a sledge hammer we've heard it a Trillion bloody times move on he did and apologised and is still our best player and for that matter based on Actual Goals our best striker as well.

I dont have confidence that we have coaching staff to deal with him effectively tbh. He's a great player, but he needs managing. Im not convinced he's being managed correctly. 

I cant help but feel the article last week, that inferred FF doesn't want to / like playing left, has played a part in all of this. Give the local journos a sniff and they're make a headline...doom was at it again yesterday an hour before kickoff. 

Just now, bladeshater said:

Brightons a nice place to live 

They in for him then. 

Much rather he move off to a Prem club desperately trying to stay up. 

Him and Knockeart can have a walk off ala Zoolander. 

19 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Bad day for the anti FF brigade we now find Winall clattered him in training so it's not all down to Nando and his so called attitude.

It's not a case of being anti or pro FF. All that's matters is getting the issue resolved one way or another with minimal impact on the club and the rest of the players. We're all a bit uncertain what's happened but if he wants to leave, let him go

3 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Genuinely can't believe there's such a large portion of you that want our best player in 17 years to leave. Our best player who has been our talisman in our two best seasons in 17 years.

Absolute stupidity. 

Wouldn't say he's our best player, but is probably our most creative, which is a shame because creativity is what we need