Forestieri not in the squad

Reyt... FF is undoubtedly a talent BUT if he ain't a team player he can do one! Don't want a player who thinks they're bigger than the club or anyone else. His reputation isn't the greatest, coach incident last season etc and now this. I'd much rather cash in and get rid of ANY player who causes disruption to the TEAM. 

UTO FTB WAWAW

3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

For me he's a class above any of our other attacking players, and although he did himself no favours last year, we've some how managed to waste his talent. 

Poor recruitment has has been the main issue. Nothing against the players we've brought in, but they're just not on his wavelength. Imo we've missed a trick by not the signing the types of players he would thrive alongside. 

Now with that, plus the system Carlos has gone for, our best attacking threat is the odd one out. Both on and off the pitch. It's crazy.

If things are now so bad that there's no chance of squad harmony, then by all means sell and reinvest. Problem is, do you trust the current set up to strengthen in the areas we need to? I certainly don't and I think the club will end up really regretting how FF's time here has panned out.

Thats a fair point. I understand that argument. I think players like Hooper and Abdi would be very much on his wavelength, would be nice if those two could stay fit for a season though. 

It just saddens me we're not setting up or playing like we did in CC's first season. FF was an absolute pleasure to pay the money to watch us. 

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Thats a fair point. I understand that argument. I think players like Hooper and Abdi would be very much on his wavelength, would be nice if those two could stay fit for a season though. 

It just saddens me we're not setting up or playing like we did in CC's first season. FF was an absolute pleasure to pay the money to watch us. 

For some reason our team is only able to play with any intensity for 30 mins of a game which is unacceptable. 

We always seem to rely on a number of them playing injured too.

No one on here knows the facts as to what happened in the week so let's look at some of the facts that we do know

1. FF apologised for the Norwich incident and accepted he was wrong

2. In answer to all those asking "what's he done since then" the answer is "score more goals than anyone else we have"

3. FF has never refused to play left mid....what he said was that the tracking back left him with less energy to attack

4. FF tracks back and dispossesses the opposition more than anyone else....by a mile

5. In the 1 game he has played so far this season he was our best outfield player......by a mile

and anyone who thinks Reach is a better option on the left is very close to being clinically insane

Edited by Ian

56 minutes ago, darra said:

Bang average with him at the minutelol

With him in our squad,we have finished 6th and 4th, with FF top scorer both times.

Be interesting where we finish without him, if he does depart.

I think his absence from our squad will be be the only proof of his importance to our squad.

Some one of our fans need to be careful of what they wish for. The majority of braninacs on here wanted Winnall sold.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

No one on here knows the facts as to what happened in the week so let's look at some of the facts that we do know

1. FF apologised for the Norwich incident and accepted he was wrong

2. In answer to all those asking "what's he done since then" the answer is "score more goals than anyone else we have"

3. FF has never refused to play left mid....what he said was that the tracking back left him with less energy to attack

4. FF tracks back and dispossesses the opposition more than anyone else....by a mile

5. In the 1 game he has played so far this season he was our best outfield player......by a mile

and anyone who thinks Reach is a better option on the left is very close to being clinically insane

Suppose we just have to ask him nicely if he minds playing on the left then?  After we've all tip toed around him to see if his feelings haven't been hurt by being left out. Good player or not, he has proved on more than one occasion that he has the ability to cause trouble and make it all about him. If we could get anywhere near £10m I would bite a hand off. His baggage and attitude is not worth the hassle. Providing we bought a replacement I would have no problem with him leaving. I'd welcome it.

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Suppose we just have to ask him nicely if he minds playing on the left then?  After we've all tip toed around him to see if his feelings haven't been hurt by being left out. Good player or not, he has proved on more than one occasion that he has the ability to cause trouble and make it all about him. If we could get anywhere near £10m I would bite a hand off. His baggage and attitude is not worth the hassle. Providing we bought a replacement I would have no problem with him leaving. I'd welcome it.

What a joke this post is!

We bought a replacement, he's called Adam Reach whose initial transfer fee was the same as FF's, potentially rising to nearly DOUBLE. 

Compare the two players  and you might not be so complacent about Fernando Forestieri.

4 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

We don't have to ask him.....pick the team and tell him.....he has never refused to play there and what makes you think he would?

can you also enlighten us as to what the "more than one occasion" are that he's caused trouble?

you last line is fine, but that's the issue.....players to replace the likes of him are few and far between

Just now, zzmdu said:

What a joke this post is!

We bought a replacement, he's called Adam Reach whose initial transfer fee was the same as FF's, potentially rising to nearly DOUBLE. 

Compare the two players  and you might not be so complacent about Fernando Forestieri.

Wtf?

I forgot another fact

on a couple of occasion last season FF was left on the bench.....so woeful were we without him CC had to eat humble pie at half time and bring him on to rescue us.....something he delivered in both occasions 

Just now, Saxondale said:

Wtf?

Are you confused?

FF has played the majority (or a good proportion) of his time at left wing & cost 3 million. He's been our top goal scorer for the last 2 play off seasons.

We bought Reach a left winger for 3 million + adds ons. He's struggling.

Are you now enlightened?

1 minute ago, Ian said:

We don't have to ask him.....pick the team and tell him.....he has never refused to play there and what makes you think he would?

can you also enlighten us as to what the "more than one occasion" are that he's caused trouble?

you last line is fine, but that's the issue.....players to replace the likes of him are few and far between

He refused to play against Norwich leaving his teammates in the shitt. (An unforgivable act in my eyes, but there you go).

He told Carlos he didn't want to play at Boro away season before last because "he was tired". 

He has complained about not playing up front. He's instigated a fight in training with a team mate.  Any other player in the squad, ANY other player would not have been afforded the sort of leeway he has been shown since he's been here. Yet people still treat him like a little precious soul that we should throw an arm around because he's a good player.

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Are you confused?

FF has played the majority (or a good proportion) of his time at left wing & cost 3 million. He's been our top goal scorer for the last 2 play off seasons.

We bought Reach a left winger for 3 million + adds ons. He's struggling.

Are you now enlightened?

Confused you started banging on about Reach when I was talking about selling FF, yes. Very confused.

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

He refused to play against Norwich leaving his teammates in the shitt. (An unforgivable act in my eyes, but there you go).

He told Carlos he didn't want to play at Boro away season before last because "he was tired". 

He has complained about not playing up front. He's instigated a fight in training with a team mate.  Any other player in the squad, ANY other player would not have been afforded the sort of leeway he has been shown since he's been here. Yet people still treat him like a little precious soul that we should throw an arm around because he's a good player.

1 of those is correct......the other 3 you are guessing at and sh.t stirring by trying to spin the situation to suit your agenda