Forestieri not in the squad

4 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Kind of get the feeling you are just being argumentative for the sake of it now mate tbh, Liverpool bought Coutinho for £8m but he's now the subject of a £90m bid isn't he? Is it that hard to work out? I said IF we could get £10m I would let him go.

IF. 

The difference is that Liverpool fans aren't clambering for Coutinho to be sold whilst simultaneously saying he's worth several times more than when they bought him

Just now, Saxondale said:

He wouldn't have been involved in the squad if Hutchinson didn't get injured during the game? You sure?

I decided not to get involved with this, hence the edit... But since you pressed, YES.  Absolutely.  CC buried Winnall already, so what would have changed?

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

Im pretty sure when you sober up and read back in the morning you will realise.

lol

Just off to pick the Mrs up.....you might want to tell plod to stop me on the way

Edited by Ian

1 minute ago, Ian said:

The difference is that Liverpool fans aren't clambering for Coutinho to be sold whilst simultaneously saying he's worth several times more than when they bought him

How much would you want for him then going on the inflated prices on the market these days? (Which I was with £10m) 

Im interested? If Wood is supposedly worth £18m, Assombalonga went for what? Scott Hogan? Rhodes? 

How much for one of the (supposedly) best players in the league? 

I very much doubt the chairman would accept less than £10m . IMO of course.

3 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

How much would you want for him then going on the inflated prices on the market these days? (Which I was with £10m) 

Im interested? If Wood is supposedly worth £18m, Assombalonga went for what? Scott Hogan? Rhodes? 

I'd want far more than £10 million - but I don't want him to go

4 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Agree, anything under £10m would be a disappointment.

That said, who is going to buy him? Not good enough for the Premier league and which Championship clubs could afford £10m+?....furthermore should we be selling to a Championship rival?

Edited by striker

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, anything under £10m would be a disappointment.

That said, who is going to buy him? Not good enough for the Premier league and which Championship clubs could afford £10m+?....furthermore should we be selling to a Championship rival?

True, can't see us selling to a rival so we would be relying on a bottom half PL club taking a gamble I suppose.

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

In the day of inflated transfer fees I'd cash in for 10-15m. Then go for Jota and Irvine and hope Chansiri pays for Dean and Mulgrew.

Those 4 would compliment the squad nicely and address areas that have need addressing for some time.

Supposing that happened,you being  a "CARLOS HAS TO GO " fella,would those moves placate your stance/view of him enough for him to carry on?

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

If he reverted back to his first season tactics I wouldn't be against him staying.

After a quick perusal of posts in regards to getting rid of Carvalhal,you seem to upvote/like those especially,so with respect i'm not having that you would change your view.

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

After a quick perusal of posts in regards to getting rid of Carvalhal,you seem to upvote/like those especially,so with respect i'm not having that you would change your view.

To be honest, I started to lose faith in him last season, after the play offs it became abundantly clear he will never get us promoted.

As a person I like him, he is charismatic, funny and very endearing but he is not what this team needs and I think it would be best all round if he was replaced. 

For him to restore my faith in him would me a return to the first seasons football.