Forestieri not in the squad

9 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Agreed.

Like to see him stay, but managed by a different manager who gets more out of him.

Do you think a different manager would change him though? 

Nando is a cracking player (when he is on it), but I think that he's always going to be temperamental and high maintenance regardless of who is his head coach/manager. 

Just get the sense that his time with us has run its course and it may well be best for both parties (in the long term) if he is moved on. 

Of course I'd love to be completely wrong on that, but the timing of this latest indiscretion has to make you wonder. 

Edited by SiJ

Just now, SiJ said:

Do you think a different manager would change him though? 

Nando is a cracking player (when he is on it), but I get the sense that he's going to be temperamental and high maintenance regardless of who is his head coach/manager. 

Just get the sense that his time with us has run its course and it may well be best for both parties (in the long term) if he is moved on. 

Of course I'd love to be completely wrong on that, but the timing of this latest indiscretion has to make you wonder. 

Strong possibility you are correct.

It would just be soul destroying to see him tear up this division with a different club.

12 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Agreed.

Like to see him stay, but managed by a different manager who gets more out of him.

He had a few different managers at watford who never really seemed to get the best out of him 

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Strong possibility you are correct.

It would just be soul destroying to see him tear up this division with a different club.

Well yeah. 

Tbf I don't think we can blame Carlos for Nando's poor behavior. It wasn't CC who forced him to go on strike or to have a fight with one of his teammates. 

If anything Carlos backed Nando more than most managers would have done and was still able to coax twelve league goals out of him last season. 

Realistically if we are close to FFP then if someone wanted FF, we should wheel and deal. If that allowed us to get a CB in and a CM then it is price worth paying. Fletcher, Hooper, Rhodes and Winnall with Hirst as 5 is more than enough if we went down that route. Something has to give and we need to wheel and deal. Ron Atkinson was a master at it. Clearly Nuhiu and Joao are first up but still worth considering if it got us say Dean and Colback (latter not rumoured but out of favour at Toon)?

It's a sad indictment of modern society that people seem to think any behaviour in the persuit of success is justifiable. If Fernando behaves badly, we should just shrug it off right? Because after all, he's our best player? 

Where does that leave the authority of the manager? What does it say about the integrity of our club? The player was forgiven for his antics this time last year, we have even been told that ultimately the shape of the team is dictated by the position he feels he'd like to play. What's a little breach of club discipline ey? We need 3 points so he's got to play?

Seriously, but where the foook are people going to draw the line? I don't dislike the player as an individual, but in the last 12months his behaviour has stunk the place out. He simply has to be held accountable for it. 

Otherwise where do we go from here? Do we just pick any player regardless of of how they behave; if their only loyalty to the club is based on it giving them what they want?

Not for me. The values of Sheffield Wednesday and it's supporters shouldn't be for sale in exchange for "success".

Really like having FF in our matchday squad, but in a wider context less so.

I just keep coming back to the same question - do we talk about him more for what he's doing on the pitch, or off it?

IMO it's been the latter for quite a while now.

8 hours ago, A12owl said:

Correct me if I'm wrong cos im genuinely not sure .

Fernando had a knee injury towards the end of last season which required surgery.

He was out for a few weeks.

He returned in the first leg of the playoffs although not 100% fit.

He played 120 minutes of the second leg and ran himself ragged right till the end 

He volunteered to take a penalty when others declined. Albeit he missed.

He was by far the best player against Preston.

Why do many want rid of him. Temperamental yes but a great footballer on his day. Probably the most skilful we currently have .

There wasn't a "Best Player" Award for Preston game they were all shocking 

(Apart from Wallace shot near end )

That was the only highlight...

Just now, the third man said:

he seems to have fallen out with CC, hopefully the situation will be resolved when CC goes

He had a fight with a teammate. 

I find this blame shifting a bit laughable. Carlos hasn't made Nando act like a pillock. 

Put it this way if one of our lesser players had behaved like Nando over the last 12 months then more people would be wanting blood. 

I agree with very talented, but somewhat temperamental players, you sometimes have to make allowances and show a degree of leniency... but I'm pretty sure that Nando was rewarded with a new contract in January despite acting the tw@t. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Time to wheel and deal, Forestieri and/or Rhodes need selling to reinvest into the team but let's hope we don't make further mess of the player recruitment. Most of all a quality new centre back is needed and some pace, and/or a new manager to get the most out of our talented, expensive and aging squad.

Make that two centre backs. We lost one and his emergency cover in the first 30 minutes yesterday.

Like it or not we will be bringing under 23's into the squad on Wednesday v Sunderland.

Unless of course DC & CC get their finger out quick and get some trading done. FF & JR out and two in asap.

Guest Deleted member

26 pages of mostly bile and conjecture aimed at attacking our most valuable player in the last 2 play off campaigns 

I bet you lot loved Andy Booth or Chris OGrady

The best managers can handle the best players.