Forestieri not in the squad

In terms of natural talent I'd rate Nando as the best player we've had since relegation from the Prem in 2000. 

He was outstanding in his first season and his return last year wasn't too shabby for a player who blew hot and cold. 

That is what makes the whole circus which surround him (not all his own doing admittedly) all the more frustrating. 

Does perhaps shed some light upon why he has  had such a nomadic career in football.

Edited by SiJ

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

In terms of natural talent I'd rate Nando as the best player we've had since relegation from the Prem in 2000. 

He was outstanding in his first season and his return last year wasn't too shabby for a player who blew hot and cold. 

That is what makes the whole circus which surround him (not all his own doing admittedly) all the more frustrating. 

Does perhaps shed some light upon why he has perhaps had such a nomadic career in football. He's not a kid any more - he's 27 and a father. 

That's a big call that

Michail Antonio went on to move to the premier league and has had 2 call ups for the England squad 

On his day he's our best player and If he go's then he needs replacing straight away with someone of equal or preferably better quality, if there is

a chance we will change manager in the near future I would keep him to see if a new manager can bring back that first season form.

It's been a shocking start to the season both on and off the pitch, promotion is just a pipe dream with the way things are going the 

moment.

Just now, Royal_D said:

That's a big call that

Michail Antonio went on to move to the premier league and has had 2 call ups for the England squad 

Antonio has incredible physical attributes and has become a much better player than I'd ever thought he could...but I think Nando in terms of natural talent might be better. 

Difference between having natural talent though and application. 

Don't see what all the fuss is about. Ff had a scuffle with Sw in training. Club discipline ff. Cc says ff understands and accepts it. He might come back, if not we move him on for a fee and bring some much needed fresh blood in.

I will not argue with anyone who says when in the mood he is one of the best players we have had in recent years.

But to put it politely he is very high maintenance and you have to say is he worth the hassle?

If he doesnt move this transfer window you are waiting and seeing what will happen next transfer window. Be rumours flying about all the time. Gets tiresome after a while.

Draw a line under it and move him on and use money on other areas of the side that need addressing would be my pragmatic answer.

Speaking personally however I cant stand the bloke ever since Norwich game last season and finding out he didnt want to play against Villa. The reason? £25k per week (yes over £1m per year!!!!!) is not good enough for him.

Utter idiot.

1 hour ago, Random Task said:

I'm starting to feel like there is a bit of perception management going on about Forestieri. 

When Barca or Real want to sell a first team player, all sorts of stories end up in the press. The clubs facilitate a whirlwind of activity aimed at wearing down fans goodwill towards players. It happened with Neymar (storms out of training, makes friends with Real players, argues with teammates, refuses to play) and there's a few times it looked like it is happening to Bale.

I don't necessarily completely believe this is true, but an interesting thought: we're spent up to FFP and need to sell someone. Fernando is the only saleable asset we have (a sad indictment of our transfer policy), so the club...

Tell the press he doesn't want to play wide left as he doesn't want to work back (shock horror, work-shyness is the worst charge that can be levelled at anyone according to a lot of our fan base). Why announce this to the press? You expect managers to protect their players under normal circumstances.

Ban him for a training ground alteration (Carlos says this is nothing to worry about and happens all the time - as far as I'm aware this is the first ban for a training ground bust up we've had... ever. If this is such commonplace - why the ban? To increase publicity? To push him towards the door?)

Add this to the residual animosity due to the Norwich debacle and a seemingly close minded unwillingness to accept "fancy dans" in favour of hardworkers amongst the fan base and all of a sudden you've got fans howling for their best player to be sold. 

Like I say... not sure I believe that's what's happening, but certain things aren't sitting right with me in the whole situation. 

This is an excellent thoughtful post. I think you're onto something here

32 minutes ago, BULGARIA said:

Ive no doubt he will be tearing up a division but then 12 months down the line he will be sulking again as someone is getting more cash or a better dummy to spit out.

Cant wait to see him sold as i believe he is a big factor in our team not looking like a team. Like ive said in a previous post, i bet the training ground would breath a huge sigh of relief if he were gone.

Possible, but players of his game changing ability are rare.

We tend to get one at S6 once a decade if we are lucky.

I'm not prepared to right him off quite yet. We have enough average overpaid players.

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

That's a big call that

Let's be honest, Antonio was extremely inconsistent during his time with us, that promotion season he was unplayable during his loan spell but after that he was extremely hot and cold.

Admittedly he's gone on to have a very good career and fair play to the guy.

Just now, Coyt said:

Let's be honest, Antonio was extremely inconsistent during his time with us, that promotion season he was unplayable during his loan spell but after that he was extremely hot and cold.

Admittedly he's gone on to have a very good career and fair play to the guy.

That's my take on it. 

I didn't see the player that has been on show in the last few seasons with Forest and even more so with West Ham. He's gone up several levels since his departure from us (literally and figuratively). 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

That's my take on it. 

I didn't see the player that has been on show in the last few seasons with Forest and even more so with West Ham. He's gone up several levels since his departure from us (literally and figuratively). 

Entirely down to Dave Jones terrible management of the guy here.

Best thing he did for his career was leave. Not so good for us

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That's my take on it. 

Exactly. For example his goal against Burnley away was a cracking effort but then sometimes there would be games you wouldn't even know he was on the pitch. 

I found it amazing when I discovered he played RB for West Ham on many occasions, considering I always thought he was terrible for tracking back and helping out defensively.

37 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Best in 17yr ?!?    Brunt , Whelan and Michail Antonio have achieved more than FF ever has or ever will 

Why what have they achieved?....a handful of caps for 2nd and 6th rate international teams.....FF would have 100 caps already if he was Irish.

The strangest thing for me is that people are trying to question his work rate, or don't challenge people that do because no one, in the current team or in recent Wednesday memory tracks back and has a bigger work rate than Forestieri

if the journo who was interviewing CC when the story broke was doing his job right he'd have instantly asked, how can you say that when he clearly tracks back enthusiasticly game after game