17 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Bang on...to many players look lost and clueless and it's CC's fault. People who are continually defending him are blinded by sentiment of his first season. 

The next player to be hung out to dry / slated will be Rhodes because he won't score in a month of Sunday's with how we play!! 

100% agree with you.... I was one of these who didn't want us to sign Rhodes in Jan... not as I don't think he's the best goalscorer in the league, but you could tell he wouldn't get the chances required with us.

We need strikers with an all round game to do well... we have strikers with good attributes but we don't suit any of them.

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

100% agree with you.... I was one of these who didn't want us to sign Rhodes in Jan... not as I don't think he's the best goalscorer in the league, but you could tell he wouldn't get the chances required with us.

We need strikers with an all round game to do well... we have strikers with good attributes but we don't suit any of them.

We can see it mate but to many "clappers" can't. 

All said and done CC as spent in the region of £30m n he still hasn't got us playing properly with several top players becoming disillusioned. 

18 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Correct, but the reaction towards FF is unjustified. 

The guy is just being honest (get me defending and I won't have the energy to go up field and cause havoc)

How much havoc upfield did that extra energy cause in his recent matches without all that didums having to defend?

Preston

Udders

udders

Leeds

Brentford

Without a doubt ff is our most talented player. I supported him  after his Norwich decision but this is too much now

FF is outstanding  on the left yet mediocre as a striker.  Two seasons ago everyone was talking about him being premier class. His performances last season were way below par, used mainly as a striker

If he insists on being a mediocre striker then its time for him to go

19 minutes ago, BD2OWL said:

Actually, I do yes.

Or else how else do you explain him playing up front and Reach getting 90 minutes lol

Did you go Saturday? Did you see just how bad we were?

As I have stated Carlos should not be here and nor should FF.

I do think Carlos is sailing a bit close to the wind now ...comments like he's made, and not for the first time are whipping up a sh1Tstorm that won't help anyone.

I didnt go sat which in hindsight appears to be a blessing lol

15 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Don't really see anything wrong with him saying where he'd prefer to play, to be honest. Is that all that's happened?

On that basis he is saying he wants to play as a striker, he's not first pick as a striker so he shouldn't start, we've got better strikers. If he wants to play as a winger who won't track back and cover then he doesn't fulfil the role Carlos wants in a winger, we have other players who can do that job better (in Carlos's system) so he doesn't start.

If he's not a starter we would be better selling him and buying someone who would be a starter. I love the guy when he's on song, he's different gravy but there's a lot of baggage now. If he's upsetting the squad he should go.

1 hour ago, woodys said:

What? that he gets the ar5e if he's subbed and doesn't want to be or pi55ed off at getting no protection or decisions from refs. 

Perhaps if he wasnt constantly falling over when pressured by players who he can't beat, referees wouldn't be so tough on him. 

9 minutes ago, prowl said:

On that basis he is saying he wants to play as a striker, he's not first pick as a striker so he shouldn't start, we've got better strikers. If he wants to play as a winger who won't track back and cover then he doesn't fulfil the role Carlos wants in a winger, we have other players who can do that job better (in Carlos's system) so he doesn't start.

If he's not a starter we would be better selling him and buying someone who would be a starter. I love the guy when he's on song, he's different gravy but there's a lot of baggage now. If he's upsetting the squad he should go.

Exactly.

FF can be a fantastic player but somehow or other his idea of his best position in our team is different to reality.

We have better strikers, our problem is that on the left we don't have another player anything like FF.

So if he doesn't want to play on the left we need to ship him out and get someone who can do the job Carlos wants, but with some flare.

Reach is not that player, despite us paying good money for him.

This is not an FF out campaign, simply as a team we need that threat from the left otherwise we are a one trick pony. If FF is not going to be that player, then then he is competing against Hooper and Fletcher for a spot up top.

Edited by osowl

CC has picked FF to play up front loads of times.   Is he now trying to blame FF for his formation?

The best he can do is say Nando prefers (not insists) to play up top.

Carlos needs to look at his own decisions, formations, strategies and team selections to find the problem and change them OR ship out now.

17 minutes ago, prowl said:

cant argue with any this, well put

Although I would say the key word at the end though is IF and we've yet to see that proven anyhwere by anyone

Edited by woodys

Guest BULGARIA

Might be wrong but i bet if fessi and carlos left the club today there would be a collective " thank goodness for that" at training tomorrow.

This issue will, more than likely, manifest itself, into a Carlos vs. FF, who goes first?

I can, kinda understand what FF is saying if what Carlos is saying is true. FF isn't a wide midfielder, he's a forward, who's at his best when attacking from wide areas. Whether you define that as a winger, a wide forward, an inside forward or a free role...that's where FF is at his best. He isn't, and shouldn't be considered amongst you central striking options, because he isn't a striker.

FF's finest spells while he's been with us, was coming off the left flank during his first season. The season where we threw caution to the wind, played free flowing attacking football with a zest and swagger, and when there was no word for clean sheet in Portuguese. In that side, he was allowed to play as a wide forward. He wasn't expected to constantly help out his full back. But unfortunately, as things stand now, if FF plays out there, that's what is expected of him.

So to me, it's clear there's only two ways this can go, for the good of Sheffield Wednesday.

1.) Carlos plays his best side in the current situation, in positions where players are happy to play, and FF is benched. He doesn't want to play wide left in the current structure (and I can see why), but there's no way he gets in front of Hooper for that deep lying forward role. So he's benched, and is restricted to cameo displays like the end of last season.

2.) Carlos changes the way we play. For me, this is the most appealing option. Create a shape and a dynamic like we had in that first season. Allow our best players to play in a system that suits them, rather than restricts them. At the end of the day, why would you play FF in a role that Reach is expected to do... it's like buying a Bugatti Veyron to take the kids to school. A total waste.

And sadly, if neither of these two things happen...either Carlos or FF is on their way.

36 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

How much havoc upfield did that extra energy cause in his recent matches without all that didums having to defend?

Preston

Udders

udders

Leeds

Brentford

You are missing my point.

(I'm not discussing tactics, but if I was, FF should be on the left in a 433 or a 442 where the full back stays back or partnered with João.)

I'm defending a player where it has been reported him saying he doesn't have the energy to be effective up field after defending.

It's not a refusal to play, it's not him thinking he's bigger than the club. It him saying how it is. 

But the reaction on here is either Carlos or FF has to go. It's unjustified to have a go at FF (from the information available to us).