4 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Amy player who refuses to play in a position the manager asks should not be at the club. However a manager would deal with it efficiently with decorum and tact. Not in the press, time for both to go.

It's not said anywhere that he's refused though has it. personal opinion is simply that Carlos thought his best line up was reach on the wing and ff up top. carlis is the only one at fault here for me

He was asked why he thought he had under performed during pre season by Carlos. Forestieri thought it was because he spent more time defending and tracking back than causing others problems. I don't get why it's all been blown out of context? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BD2OWL said:

I am also guessing that this the reason that Adam Reach managed to get 90 minutes on Saturday as he was pure Gash....

Blame Carlos all you like, if he can't make the changes we want because a player has openly said he does not want to play on the left because "he has no energy" what can he do?

No Energy ffs .... 

He would need the smallest b0llocks a fella has ever had for that to be true. as if ff or any other player at Wednesday picks themself lolget a grip

1 minute ago, Woodie said:

He was asked why he thought he had under performed during pre season by Carlos. Forestieri thought it was because he spent more time defending and tracking back than causing others problems. I don't get why it's all been blown out of context? 

He can and has been effective out wide but instead of getting on with it he starts being a wee pipe about it. 

It then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. 

9 hours ago, canadianowl said:

When numerous players refuse to play out of position, they don't play at all. Are McGugan, Fessi, Rhodes, (Abdi??) all petulant, or do they see the system they are shoehorned into doesn't work? Hell, I doubt Abdi is even injured, he just refuses to play like Carlos tells Bannan to, so he never makes the bench. When it starts to become "everyone else is a primadonna" maybe it isn't the players, maybe it's the manager?

Superstition

I've said this time and time again...ff looks disheartened on the left and he doesn't look remotely interested, he's better through the middle. Always as been and always will be!!!

CC is hell bent on ruining him. It's not FF's fault the service into him and Rhodes is always 6ft in the air and bobbar!! 

Carlos needs to find a way of making 442 work effectively because at the moment (including the latter part of last season) we are slow predictable and very very negative!! 

10 minutes ago, woodys said:

It's not said anywhere that he's refused though has it. personal opinion is simply that Carlos thought his best line up was reach on the wing and ff up top. carlis is the only one at fault here for me

There is

8 minutes ago, BD2OWL said:

I am also guessing that this the reason that Adam Reach managed to get 90 minutes on Saturday as he was pure Gash....

Blame Carlos all you like, if he can't make the changes we want because a player has openly said he does not want to play on the left because "he has no energy" what can he do?

No Energy ffs .... 

This is not the same as saying he will not play there. The conversation has probably taken place in training and really ought not be disclosed in the media the way that it was by a manager who is now beginning to show the signs of melting under the pressure. If FF refused to play where told leave him out and deduct wages accordingly.

My view re attackers having to be defenders as well is old school. Defenders defend, attackers defend to an extent but up the field rather than being expected to help out FBs. Waddle would possibly never have made Carlos's first eleven. If we had a decent winger he would be the out ball that would speed up our counter attacks. 

10 minutes ago, woodys said:

He would need the smallest b0llocks a fella has ever had for that to be true. as if ff or any other player at Wednesday picks themself lolget a grip

Erm, owing to the fact that FF has spent almost all pre season on the Left and then starts Saturday up top, I would say not only has he picked himself, but also where he plays.....

Open your eyes foe christ sake.

Carlos lost Fernando some time ago. His work-rate, his off and on the ball contributions are no where near where they ought to be. Fernando must take responsibility for his conduct and attitude but if you can't motivate players of his calibre then you're in the wrong job.

3 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I've said this time and time again...ff looks disheartened on the left and he doesn't look remotely interested, he's better through the middle. Always as been and always will be!!!

CC is hell bent on ruining him. It's not FF's fault the service into him and Rhodes is always 6ft in the air and bobbar!! 

Carlos needs to find a way of making 442 work effectively because at the moment (including the latter part of last season) we are slow predictable and very very negative!! 

This.... look at the first season here Forestieri can be very effective as a striker amd that IMO is where he should play!

Its the tactics and how we play that's the problem... if the ball was played into his feet and he had runners and people round him (like he had in Bannan Pudil and Lee first year) and we play at a higher tempo then he's the best striker in the league... he can score you 15 and create as many !

Hes the best player we have had in years and he was the only one who could hold his head up after Saturday. Let's get off his back stop hanging him out to dry and deal with the real issue which is CC.

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

This.... look at the first season here Forestieri can be very effective as a striker amd that IMO is where he should play!

Its the tactics and how we play that's the problem... if the ball was played into his feet and he had runners and people round him (like he had in Bannan Pudil and Lee first year) and we play at a higher tempo then he's the best striker in the league... he can score you 15 and create as many !

Hes the best player we have had in years and he was the only one who could hold his head up after Saturday. Let's get off his back stop hanging him out to dry and deal with the real issue which is CC.

Bang on...to many players look lost and clueless and it's CC's fault. People who are continually defending him are blinded by sentiment of his first season. 

The next player to be hung out to dry / slated will be Rhodes because he won't score in a month of Sunday's with how we play!! 

1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

It's no t fecking stupid - it's common sense - in a team sport that disruptive influences have to go.

He clearly doesn't want to play where he is strongest for us. No club can tolerate that - it's a recipe for disaster.

Every player is replaceable. 

Move him on, stop getting emotionally attached to an employee and let's bring in players that will run through walls for the club. 

This is part of the problem. not only the club management but Wednesday fans don't know how to deal with a star player. That what he is a star player.

It is clear he has said that if he plays wide and goes to defend he does not have the energy to attack within the same continuous movement.

There is nothing wrong with this he's being honest, he's not saying he will only play up front.

The task is for Carlos to accommodate him on the left where he is has the permission to focus on attacking. It's quite simple, make sure Pudil/Fox or Reach stay in the full back position and defend.

It's a complete over reaction that will see us lose our best player 

13 minutes ago, BD2OWL said:

Erm, owing to the fact that FF has spent almost all pre season on the Left and then starts Saturday up top, I would say not only has he picked himself, but also where he plays.....

Open your eyes foe christ sake.

You reckon DC employs a man who lets a player tell him what to do? No chance. Fwiw I wouldn't have started ff up top I'd have had hopper and Rhodes but I'm not believing for second any player at our club picks himself 

38 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Amy player who refuses to play in a position the manager asks should not be at the club. However a manager would deal with it efficiently with decorum and tact. Not in the press, time for both to go.

In fairness he hasn't refused to play in a position, he's just given his opinion to the manager about where he can get the best out of him and the manager has told the press.

1 minute ago, Manchester_Owl said:

This is part of the problem. not only the club management but Wednesday fans don't know how to deal with a star player. That what he is a star player.

It is clear he has said that if he plays wide and goes to defend he does not have the energy to attack within the same continuous movement.

There is nothing wrong with this he's being honest, he's not saying he will only play up front.

The task is for Carlos to accommodate him on the left where he is has the permission to focus on attacking. It's quite simple, make sure Pudil/Fox or Reach stay in the full back position and defend.

It's a complete over reaction that will see us lose our best player 

So why doesn't Carlos do that. 

As I said earlier something has to change, either he changes the formation, he changes the players, or he changes the instructions to the existing players.

So far though, he has done none of these.

Just now, woodys said:

You reckon DC employs a man who lets a player tell him what to do? No chance. Fwiw I wouldn't have started ff up top I'd have had hopper and Rhodes but I'm not believing for second any player at our club picks himself 

Actually, I do yes.

Or else how else do you explain him playing up front and Reach getting 90 minutes lol

Did you go Saturday? Did you see just how bad we were?

As I have stated Carlos should not be here and nor should FF.

1 minute ago, osowl said:

So why doesn't Carlos do that. 

As I said earlier something has to change, either he changes the formation, he changes the players, or he changes the instructions to the existing players.

So far though, he has done none of these.

Correct, but the reaction towards FF is unjustified. 

The guy is just being honest (get me defending and I won't have the energy to go up field and cause havoc)