5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Nice theory, until you look at how he and the team clearly can function when he has played left.

P15. W11. D3. L1. GF35. GA13

Doesnt wash does it? It's self, self, self.

But, in his defence, he was asked why his Pre- Season was so poor. Not last season. 

CC said he had made some changes to our style from last year. Maybe one is getting more from the wide players going backwards. I don't think this is an old thing atall. For me something's changed this summer. 

Edited by NeonLeon

12 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Hes a shocking foil for whoever he plays with though that's the problem. 

You're sacrificing the ability of a Hooper, Rhodes and Fletcher for pleasing someone who is more that capable in a different position. A position that suits the team better aswell.

Him and Joao are great together. 

And again, what have Hooper, Fletcher and Rhodes done (for us) that suggests they should be ahead of FF? 

He's quicker than them all, he's the only one who presses with any intent, pinches the ball from defenders more than anyone I've ever seen, and scores as many as any of them. 

Rather than signing the likes of Fletcher, Rhodes and Winnall, we should have been searching for a better version of Joao. Someone who could be the perfect foil for our most dangerous and productive attacker. 

We're in danger of throwing away the best player we've had since Di Canio just to squeeze in players that aren't on his level.

Just catching up with this, not about to read through the whole thread but what's on my mind is this ...  I can't decide wether this is CC losing the plot and hanging players out to dry or FF once again throwing his toys out the pram 

i want to belive this is CC displaying some horrendous man management,  but I've got to be honest and say I suspect it's yet another FF issue 

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Hold on...

Carlos getting stick from 75% of fans for not playing FF left, then when he explains why he doesn't, Carlos is at fault!?

Of course he is it is feeble management and he has made himself look foolish by making it public. He is paid to control the players. Everybody but FF knows he is better out left especially when we have 6 other strikers competing for one spot.

Any arguments over FF playing out left/up top should have been sorted out before we brought Winnall and Rhodes in and also before he said that he would be playing wide this season.

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Him and Joao are great together. 

And again, what have Hooper, Fletcher and Rhodes done (for us) that suggests they should be ahead of FF? 

He's quicker than them all, he's the only one who presses with any intent, pinches the ball from defenders more than anyone I've ever seen, and scores as many as any of them. 

Rather than signing the likes of Fletcher, Rhodes and Winnall, we should have been searching for a better version of Joao. Someone who could be the perfect foil for our most dangerous and productive attacker. 

We're in danger of throwing away the best player we've had since Di Canio just to squeeze in players that aren't on his level.

There's a lot of truth in what you say but at the moment when he plays up top he is scrapping with the centre backs with his back to goal.

If we hadn't got all the other strikers it might be better for the team if he played up top but we have the others and he is wasted scrapping for leftovers when the others have more physical presence.

It seems that we are asking him to track back so much to allow the left back to get forward more!!!

Edited by the mighty wednesday

Haven't read this thread through but 2 things are clear.

- Forestieri should have been sold after taking the Michael and refusing to play at Norwich last season.  Who the foook does he think he is? He's paid to play where he's needed. We don't need a player with this attitude. 

- Carlos has lost the plot and should sorted this behind closed doors. 

No player or manager is bigger than the club. They are both replaceable. 

Let's be clear here - the quote from CC about FF was "the answer he gave (to why he had a bad pre-season) was he can't play on the left side because he must track back to defend and doesn't feel energy to attack" and "Fernando says he feels...completely out of position on the left side"

This isn't the entirely innocent 'I prefer playing up front' that some think it is - it's him saying he can't play on the left - which it appears is something far more damaging.

Screenshot_20170807-004000.png

Wow only just seen this, it just seems to get worse and worse :sad:

Carlos is showing himself to be weak minded, letting a player dictate to him where he will or will not be playing, yet apparently leaving out a perfectly capable Championship midfielder (Mcgugan) because he allegedly wouldn't play a role he wanted. 

Carlos is a great guy, very likeable, but he's lost the plot. 

FF is just as bad, you do as your boss says, your not bigger than this club, you don't decide where your playing, your a highly paid professional paid to do a job. I've backed FF the whole time he's been here, but I really don't like the way this is going. If FF won't play where he's told he needs moving on as far as I'm concerned. 

This is not even about arguing where FF's best position is either for me, this is about order at the club, establishing who's the leader, showing unity and structure at a professional football club. 

Carlos has to go, he's not got control of the dressing room, he's been dictated to by a player, he's weak. God only knows why he has revealed this. 

Ok sell FF immediately.

He can be a brilliant player, the best we have...on the left.

If the coach won't change the shape or team instructions to help FF's defensive workload so he can play attacking on the left, then either he goes, or the coach does.

I'm not rehashing the debate about where FF should play, for the team it is obvious.

So if the player can't play how the coach wants then something has to change, and the answer is not, repeat not, to let said player do what he wants to the detriment of the team.

We need either of Hooper or Fletcher beside Rhodes or Winnall up front in 442. 

To make that work we need an attacking threat out wide to complement Hooper dropping back to link play, or Fletcher tying up defenders near the box. 

Otherwise it leaves Rhodes/Winnall as the only option unless Kieran Lee is playing and making forward runs.

Reach does not give the attacking threat required for how we play and the team we have. Nor does FF as no. 10. 

Ask yourselves this question, if we are playing 442, which players compliment each other up front? My bet is FF will not be in many of those combinations.

Now if we were playing 433 then FF would be the left of a front three all day long, but we are not. A bit like Mattias, neither is a winger in the Carlos mould, but neither is a striker also.

It is clear as day to me that this article has been put out for one reason only........

...."It is believed that Wednesday remain in contract talks with free agent Swiss Johan Djourou.".....

The Star made a wee wee tail up and have tried to rectify the issue by putting out a bullsh1t article to bury the real news.

I now expect him to sign in the next couple of days.

Unfortunately, as mentioned by management of our club and Carlos in his pre match interview our fans can't handle social media. At all!!!!

We are more divided than ever, with the best squad we've seen in over 20 years.  It's crazy. 

For what it's worth, FF should be thinking about attacking only and he clearly says in that interview..... once I he uses his energy to track back he doesn't have enough to go and attack. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this quote.

Neither should go before August. Play João more, he is the partner that works with all strikers as he stretches teams.

Stop being self-destructive. Selling our top goal scorers is fecking stupid.

Against Derby we were a goal down and Kieran Lee had to go off and we went 4-3-3 with Reach, Bannan, Wallace and Fletcher, Hooper, Rhodes

and we created havoc. So 4-3-3 has worked for us. Or 3-4-3. We need to go for it. 4-4-2 with FF as one of the two strikers never seems to work.

2 hours ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Of course he is it is feeble management and he has made himself look foolish by making it public. He is paid to control the players. Everybody but FF knows he is better out left especially when we have 6 other strikers competing for one spot.

Any arguments over FF playing out left/up top should have been sorted out before we brought Winnall and Rhodes in and also before he said that he would be playing wide this season.

garymegsonlet Forestieri argue with this fella.

Edited by Blue and white

16 minutes ago, trumbullowl said:

Against Derby we were a goal down and Kieran Lee had to go off and we went 4-3-3 with Reach, Bannan, Wallace and Fletcher, Hooper, Rhodes

and we created havoc. So 4-3-3 has worked for us. Or 3-4-3. We need to go for it. 4-4-2 with FF as one of the two strikers never seems to work.

Personally I think 433 is better for our players. 

But Carlos wants 442 so either he changes the players he uses to suit, or he changes the formation to suit the players.

One thing everyone should agree is that neither Huddersfield nor Preston should be dictating the game to us but they did.

So something has to change. No panicking, no media gumbo, just change. 

Some perspective over breakfast.

Since his return from suspension on Boxing Day:-

With FF starting striker - P12. W4. D4. L4. GF11. GA10 1.3 pts per game

All other games - P13. W9. D2. L2. GF22. GA11  2.2 pts per game

Edited by Holmowl

Guest The Horse

I really think we have a Chelsea situation brewing up.
As someone said in the first couple of pages - the players won't respond well to this.
After the Preston game, Carlos was mystified as to why the team didn't perform. Probably because they don't want to play for him anymore.
Now this and it will be the hot topic of conversation in training this morning. It will be an awful atmosphere down there,
I reckon the QPR game will be abysmal and very telling.
Think the players will put in a display to help get rid of him.
Hope I'm wrong. But it's a mess and needs sorting now.
First big big test for Chansiri.

8 minutes ago, Geosword said:

I really think we have a Chelsea situation brewing up.
As someone said in the first couple of pages - the players won't respond well to this.
After the Preston game, Carlos was mystified as to why the team didn't perform. Probably because they don't want to play for him anymore.
Now this and it will be the hot topic of conversation in training this morning. It will be an awful atmosphere down there,
I reckon the QPR game will be abysmal and very telling.
Think the players will put in a display to help get rid of him.
Hope I'm wrong. But it's a mess and needs sorting now.
First big big test for Chansiri.

A big test for Carlos first.

Its a very long season but we want 3 points on Saturday and again on Wednesday, or we start yet again playing catch-up.

How will he handle this situation? He can turn the mess into something very positive if he has it in him. He can ruin the dressing-room by acceding to FF and playing him striker, or he can drop him, take his 4 strikers to one side and say fight for the two places for the rest of the season, starting by showing desire and scoring on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

I alteady knew Carlos's time was up.

This confirms it.

It also confirms FF isn't a positive influence on our club. He should be made available to the highest bidder.

Too tired to track back my arse.

Sums it up.

It's an old fashioned attitude but I want players that will run through walls when they put that shirt on. 

I'm so sick of the petulant tool. Bitching and moaning every 5 seconds cos the ref won't give him a free kick. Just flipping get on with it! 

6 hours ago, RichieB said:

Carlos is showing himself to be weak minded, letting a player dictate to him where he will or will not be playing, yet apparently leaving out a perfectly capable Championship midfielder (Mcgugan) because he allegedly wouldn't play a role he wanted. 

Great point.

One day McGugan will tell his side of the story.

Edited by Geoffrey