4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

No the majority of that season he played up front and was only ever switched to the left when we were chasing games.

Same as last season, Nando's best performances were up front like away at Fulham and Wolves and at home to Preston and Villa.

It was clear for all to see that whenever he was played as a left winger he didn't like it.

Now many of you can say "well if he doesn't like it he can do one" but I bet many of those same people are the ones who said we handled the Di Canio incident badly. My point being that with certain flair players, you have to almost feed their ego and sometimes put an arm around them and make them feel important in the same way that Harry Rednapp did with Di Camino and Danny Wilson could not.

That said I do think Dom Howson has blown this whole thing out of proportion and I still For the life of my can't work out why Carlos has chosen to make this public.

Sorry mate but you are wrong. Go back and look the matches Hoops and FF played as strike partners. They scored four goals combined in 15 matches. 

You are probably thinking about matches like Birmingham, Wolves, Charlton, Brenrford, where we murdered them. FF was left and Hoops had a striker up with him.

Edited by Holmowl

26 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

Once the manager outs a player for something like this he loses the trust and respect of the rest of the squad, and more to the point they won't be prepared to run through a wall for him or show loyalty.  It's terrible management whatever the situation with FF.

It's a terrible attitude from a well paid player letting his team mates down the fans let down along with the manager he clearly wants a move ,let him go

8 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Did we ask Chris Waddle to track back? Or benni or Paulo?

Do you remember who chased back and desperately tried to clear Alan Cork's rolling shot off the line in the Wembley semi?

1 minute ago, akbuk said:

It's a terrible attitude from a well paid player letting his team mates down the fans let down along with the manager he clearly wants a move ,let him go

Why is it a terrible attitude?

He was asked why his performances were down. He replied because he thinks tracking back effects his attacking game and prefers to play up front.

If he does play on the left and doesn't appear to try then that's a terrible attitude. He he is asked to play on the left and refuses then that's a terrible attitude.

41 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'm getting benito carbone flashbacks. Temperamental, self important  little child, throws tantrum. These things though  shouldn't be being outed in the press. 

And our failure to handle that kind of player was the start of our descent into the abyss

Fans may not like it - and i hate it - but pandering to players (to a degree) is part of the modern game

Despite FF being a pedantic brat, or CC dropping a clanger to the press... whichever... 

As said previously, we need things put right vs QPR. 

Team selection.

Formation.

Choice of subs.

Player positions. 

Nip it in the bud. CC has to show that he can use this squad properly. Then carry on doing so. 

4 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Why is it a terrible attitude?

He was asked why his performances were down. He replied because he thinks tracking back effects his attacking game and prefers to play up front.

If he does play on the left and doesn't appear to try then that's a terrible attitude. He he is asked to play on the left and refuses then that's a terrible attitude.

Since we only seem to play a 4-4-2 with 2 defensive mids, then Fessi playing on the wing forces him to act as a makeshift defender half the game. Good luck having him involved at all acting like a makeshift LB half the time. He is not a defensive player whatsoever, but he does hustle back through the middle. He either doesn't play at all via a 4-4-2, or he is effective out wide in a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. But Carlos refuses to play anything other than 4-4-2, so Fessi either plays up front or not at all. And if he never plays while we struggle to perform or score any goals what does everyone do? WHY ISN'T OUR TOP SCORER PLAYING WHEN WE CAN'T SCORE!

The problem isn't Fessi, or Rhodes, or Reach, or Boyd, or Hooper, it's f*cking Carlos. You can't sack off half the starting XI, but you certainly replace the tactics that accommodates all our talent appropriately.

Just now, DobbinTheDonkey said:

No idea, I always thought it was odd why he was the last man in the middle.

Mrs H was at Wembley with me, and like me, had drunk too many beers. Just before HT she couldn't wait so went for a pee. On her way back thru the concourse she heard a huge cheer and looked up at the monitors and saw Waddle (her favourite player) following the ball into the net.

She came towards me through the seated Wednesday fans pumping her fists with delight.

She got a few strange looks.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, folger said:

He's a clown. Hasn't performed properly since he refused to play. A well run club would have gotten rid already considering ffp and our shallow unbalanced defense.

Correct Carlos giving that interview has put him in the shop window bye bye

Edited by akbuk

FF isnt a defender, CC's tactic force the LM to act primarily  as a defensive  shield, rather than attacking outlet.

Very poor for CC to reveal this information to deflect from his own inadequacy. Not sure it's FF's fault, the lad is clearly an attacking player and needs to be facing the opposition goal.

That said, Hooper should have started against Preston.