13 hours ago, Grandad said:

I'm absolutely amazed it took this long. 

This is a disgraceful interview by the manager, once again pointing the finger at the best player we have 

And the responses already suggest it will work. People are blaming FF instead of pointing the finger where it needs pointing. I'm done with Carlos on the strength of this. 

Terrible management this. Awful

Hmmmm siding with a player that refused to play for us a year over a manager thats shown us nothing but loyalty.

You've suprised me with this statement Grandad. 

FF is the route of the problem and caused the start of the negativity merchants a few hours before last years Norwich game. Yet you decide that the manager is in the wrong? 

13 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Forestieri has every right to want to play up front. 

Name another of our current strikers who's done more for us than Forestieri. And yes I mean as a striker. 

For me he's easily the best we have and if we're sticking with 442 it should be him and Joao, or someone else on the same wavelength.

You dont have a clue do you. Not in the slightest. 

FF is garbage when played up front

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

He was asked why he thought he had under performed during pre season by Carlos. Forestieri thought it was because he spent more time defending and tracking back than causing others problems. I don't get why it's all been blown out of context? 

Because a lot of our fans have been dying for an excuse to really turn on Forestieri.

He's done nothing wrong here. He doesn't feel he has the energy to be effective attacking wise when he's doing so much tracking back and defending. Fair play to him. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. And he probably feels he deserves to start up top ahead of the rest, and has a point. He's offered more than them all as a striker.

Carlos then has a couple of ways he can handle it.

Tell him to pipe down and play where he's told, taking the risk of making his star player unhappy. 

Or give him a chance to really nail down a striker spot. Which is obviously what he's done. Nothing wrong with that either. I think it's pretty clear that Carlos sees him as a forward anyway. 

Pretty much everyone agreed FF was the best of a bad bunch on Saturday. So you could argue he did his cause no harm. He certainly wasn't the reason so many of our players were horrendous.

The major issue here imo, is Carlos making this public. It's ridiculous and a clear sign he's feeing the pressure.

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

He's done nothing wrong here. He doesn't feel he has the energy to be effective attacking wise when he's doing so much tracking back and defending. Fair play to him. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

Jesus 

14 hours ago, theowlsman said:

We play better with him out wide.

Tell him to like it or lump it, or join McGugan in the naughty corner. 

Inconsistency breeds niggles within the squad

I agree with this totally but still if you think about it FF is a individual player either give a free Roll get rid

sounds harsh but let's look at it over the last two years nothing but trouble

manager staff have to walk around with eggshells afraid of upsetting him

I will not  question is ability  extremely good player but not a team player

i say sell before he ends up like A mcgugan

Literally a handful of good performances/results with him as a left winger and so many gullible people think that proves he's better there.

He's played as a left winger 25/30 times with mixed results. That's the truth. Yet certain posters only highlight the games we won and ignore the rest.

And because they want it so badly, they start ignoring all the positive aspects of him being up top. 

Again, in our 2 best seasons for nearly 2 decades, who has offered more as a striker than FF?

Hooper? Couple of purple patches, that's it. Fletcher? Bang average, missed many guilt edge chances. Nuhiu? Haha. Rhodes? Been awful. Winnall? Barely played.

Not an obvious pairing between them and no individual has scored more than FF.

It's failure on the club's part for not bringing in a suitable partner for our most productive attacker.

13 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

What I found odd was Carlos saying how much we missed Hooper last season and what an impact it had on our perfromances. Now he's fit he's back on the bench making way for the totally ineffectual FF. Seems somewhat bizarre to me.

This is weeing me off more than anything. Hooper links our attack and midfield really well especially when Lee is playing too. FF needs to get a grip and get out on the left and do as he is told. I'd be happy for Pudil to play more defensively to allow FF more attacking freedom and less responsibility. 

Carlos needs to grow some rounduns and flipping get em told and get them playing as a team. 

Guest Deleted member
41 minutes ago, ramone said:

Hmmmm siding with a player that refused to play for us a year over a manager thats shown us nothing but loyalty.

FF is the route of the problem and caused the start of the negativity merchants a few hours before last years Norwich game. Yet you decide that the manager is in the wrong? 

I'm angry 

What is it about our club that hates exciting flair players, especially foreign ones? This has all the hallmarks of Carbone & Di Canio all over again -  driven out by managers who can't handle them and fans who would rather idolise a clogger like Chris O'Grady than someone who can turn a game on its head with a flick, turn or goal out of nothing. 

The whole situation is crying out for a 4-2-3-1

Then Bannan and Hutch can drop as deep as they want.

We can have Fessi on the left wing and he wont have to track back. Get Boyd on the Right. Play Abdi or even Hooper in the hole.

Just now, Bradshaw said:

The whole situation is crying out for a 4-2-3-1

Then Bannan and Hutch can drop as deep as they want.

We can have Fessi on the left wing and he wont have to track back. Get Boyd on the Right. Play Abdi or even Hooper in the hole.

Tried it last season - didn't stick with it for long.....

52 minutes ago, ramone said:

Although I'm not doubting FF is a disruptive influence and to be honest I don't think he's worth the hassle, I must say that yet again Carlos has handled this poorly. There was absolutely no need for it to become public knowledge and especially straight after such a terrible performance. Poor decision from Carlos.

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

Although I'm not doubting FF is a disruptive influence and to be honest I don't think he's worth the hassle, I must say that yet again Carlos has handled this poorly. There was absolutely no need for it to become public knowledge and especially straight after such a terrible performance. Poor decision from Carlos.

Indeed. 

Think it reflects badly on both and causes more headaches going forward. 

The only time I can remember Carlos changing formation last season was Rotherham away, FF wasn't playing granted. I just wish he would mix it up more often, we have the squad to play a variety of systems without confusing the players too much. We must be the easiest team in the league to prepare for.