12 minutes ago, owls101 said:

Sums it up.

It's an old fashioned attitude but I want players that will run through walls when they put that shirt on. 

I'm so sick of the petulant tool. Bitching and moaning every 5 seconds cos the ref won't give him a free kick. Just flipping get on with it! 

garymegsonlet this man get his hands on him, he will fecking play where he's told then.

5 hours ago, Manchester_Owl said:

It is clear as day to me that this article has been put out for one reason only........

...."It is believed that Wednesday remain in contract talks with free agent Swiss Johan Djourou.".....

The Star made a wee wee tail up and have tried to rectify the issue by putting out a bullsh1t article to bury the real news.

I now expect him to sign in the next couple of days.

Unfortunately, as mentioned by management of our club and Carlos in his pre match interview our fans can't handle social media. At all!!!!

We are more divided than ever, with the best squad we've seen in over 20 years.  It's crazy. 

For what it's worth, FF should be thinking about attacking only and he clearly says in that interview..... once I he uses his energy to track back he doesn't have enough to go and attack. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this quote.

Neither should go before August. Play João more, he is the partner that works with all strikers as he stretches teams.

Stop being self-destructive. Selling our top goal scorers is fecking stupid.

It's no t fecking stupid - it's common sense - in a team sport that disruptive influences have to go.

He clearly doesn't want to play where he is strongest for us. No club can tolerate that - it's a recipe for disaster.

Every player is replaceable. 

Move him on, stop getting emotionally attached to an employee and let's bring in players that will run through walls for the club. 

Edited by RichSheffWeds

11 hours ago, theowlsman said:

We play better with him out wide.

Tell him to like it or lump it, or join McGugan in the naughty corner. 

Inconsistency breeds niggles within the squad

Couldn't agree more.

One rule for his favourites and another for the rest.

3 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Let's face it, 4-4-2 is never going to work with the players we have and key areas haven't been strengthened to accommodate a back 3 in a 3-5-2.

Abdi should be the first name on the team sheet every week.

Totally agree with you but our illustrious leader says no.

4 minutes ago, owls101 said:

Perhaps not explicitly but it's his attitude and demeanour that winds people up. 

What? that he gets the ar5e if he's subbed and doesn't want to be or pi55ed off at getting no protection or decisions from refs. 

Seems to me that CC has thrown Forestieri under the bus here. He must have known what the reaction to the article would be. 

It's fair enough that a player WHEN ASKED BY THE MANAGER says where he wants to play. I doubt whether CC said btw I'm going to tell the fans what you say so be careful. 

Predictably it's gone down like a lead balloon and I was furious when I read it too. He does need to mainly play down the left rather in a front two. We also have at least 6 other central options for the front Two. 

Brian Clough used to say he would listen to a players opinion and they would then both decide that Clough was right. Why did CC make this public making himself look weak? 

The only answer I can think of is that we are being warmed up for him being sold. If that's the case it's a pretty cowardly way to hang our best player out to dry to save your own skin.

Edited by Warnocchio

What a few have suspected all along and a hangover from last season and obviously part of the deal for him to stay then.

The only "positive" I can take from this is that it is an interview prior to flogging him i.e. to try and get across (badly) that the player puts himself before the team.

I'm not going to get too sentimal personally.  He thinks he's better than he is and bottles it in big games and in vital moments.

Reyt start to the season!

1) Carlos should have gone in May 

2) FF should have been sold when he refused to play for the club first time around 

There would now not be a 20 page discussion about a petulant rascal that thinks he is bigger than the club.

Guest Copthorneowl
11 hours ago, Grandad said:

I'm absolutely amazed it took this long. 

This is a disgraceful interview by the manager, once again pointing the finger at the best player we have 

And the responses already suggest it will work. People are blaming FF instead of pointing the finger where it needs pointing. I'm done with Carlos on the strength of this. 

Terrible management this. Awful

Absolutely 100% spot on post.

CC has now hung FF and Rhodes out to dry I'm really surprised given his guarded and positive comments since he arrived. I'm afraid this more than anything shows he's feeling it and sadly losing it big time.

Unfortunately this is music to the ears of all the Owlstalk anti Forestiero brigade - we're orchestrating our own downfall as FF is crucial to our progress imo.

5 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Absolutely 100% spot on post.

CC has now hung FF and Rhodes out to dry I'm really surprised given his guarded and positive comments since he arrived. I'm afraid this more than anything shows he's feeling it and sadly losing it big time.

Unfortunately this is music to the ears of all the Owlstalk anti Forestiero brigade - we're orchestrating our own downfall as FF is crucial to our progress imo.

Music to the ears of the pigs as our season implodes before it's even started. Time for DC to show firm leadership.

He didn't hang Rhodes out to dry, he was caught out on that one and then it was used by United fans and the more unbalanced amongst us as a stick to beat him with.

This is different and tbh just confirms what a good few thought all along.

It's what happens when you have good, desirable players in your team and something we haven't been used to for a while.

I am also guessing that this the reason that Adam Reach managed to get 90 minutes on Saturday as he was pure Gash....

Blame Carlos all you like, if he can't make the changes we want because a player has openly said he does not want to play on the left because "he has no energy" what can he do?

No Energy ffs ....