6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'm angry 

What is it about our club that hates exciting flair players, especially foreign ones? This has all the hallmarks of Carbone & Di Canio all over again -  driven out by managers who can't handle them and fans who would rather idolise a clogger like Chris O'Grady than someone who can turn a game on its head with a flick, turn or goal out of nothing. 

I take a view on it a sign a case by case basis.

Di Canio pushed a ref

Forestieri refuses to play 

Do you think that's normal behaviour? 

8 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'm angry 

What is it about our club that hates exciting flair players, especially foreign ones? This has all the hallmarks of Carbone & Di Canio all over again -  driven out by managers who can't handle them and fans who would rather idolise a clogger like Chris O'Grady than someone who can turn a game on its head with a flick, turn or goal out of nothing. 

This

Our fans love good old fashioned British 442 plodders who work hard and throw themselves at headers. 

And good managers know how to handle and get the best out of exciting yet temperamental flair players. 

3 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Although I'm not doubting FF is a disruptive influence and to be honest I don't think he's worth the hassle, I must say that yet again Carlos has handled this poorly. There was absolutely no need for it to become public knowledge and especially straight after such a terrible performance. Poor decision from Carlos.

Do you ever think that possibly our manager says things in interview in a different manner to what the printed word says... 

Context is difficult to get into text.

Not saying it's right or wrong but English is our managers second maybe third language...

You can only pander so much to players. 

He is a great talent, but there is general consensus that he does his best work on the left. If the manager has acquiesced to his wishes and changed our line up to accommodate him, then that really isn't good imo. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Indeed. 

Think it reflects badly on both and causes more headaches going forward. 

Exactly, at what point did it cross his mind that it might be helpful? 

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Is Carlos trying to engineer his way out the club Saxon.

Who knows, I suppose it's possible but again, it's very unprofessional and as much as I disagree with a lot of what FF says and does, it's not right that your manager should throw you to the wolves like that. 

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

This

Our fans love good old fashioned British 442 plodders who work hard and throw themselves at headers. 

And good managers know how to handle and get the best out of exciting yet temperamental flair players. 

There is handling players and there's indulging them. 

I doubt you would be adopting this view had Hooper for instance allegedly done this. 

Edited by SiJ

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Do you ever think that possibly our manager says things in interview in a different manner to what the printed word says... 

Context is difficult to get into text.

Not saying it's right or wrong but English is our managers second maybe third language...

Then he should stop saying so much 

4 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

The only time I can remember Carlos changing formation last season was Rotherham away, FF wasn't playing granted. I just wish he would mix it up more often, we have the squad to play a variety of systems without confusing the players too much. We must be the easiest team in the league to prepare for. 

He did try 4-2-3-1 at home, can't remember who against. Pretty sure he changed it at HT 

1 minute ago, ramone said:

I cant work out whether you're being serious or not... 

I'm sorry but I just cant side with someone that doesn;t care for the club. Carlos cares

Find the zero tolerance baffling the kid f ed up once 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

There is handling players and there's indulging them. 

I doubt you would be adopting this view had Hooper for instance had allegedly done this. 

I would to be fair. 

I think any player has a right to express his view on where he feels comfortable.

If Carlos started playing Hooper as he did at Rotherham last season frequently, and expected him to work back in midfield, I'd feel Hooper was well within his rights to tell the manager he didn't feel comfortable. Wouldn't you?

It's only because it's FF and some fans have never forgiven him that this is such a drama.

9 minutes ago, woodys said:

Find the zero tolerance baffling the kid f ed up once 

In terms of bike gate I was very much forgive and forget. 

With this we will see how things pan out. 

As I said earlier: he plays where he is told to or he shouldn't play. 

That is not just from a tactical point of view but I strongly believe that players should not dictate where they play. A managers authority goes down the crapper once he starts kowtowing to his players. By all means listen to their point of view, but it looks pretty daft when we've all heard about how Nando will be wide left then he magically appears up top. 

Still a bit amazed that Carlos has disclosed this. 

Edited by SiJ

If players can dictate where they play then managers might as well be obsolite , In my days as a player you played where you were put and got on with it the best you could , perhaps nowadays with so much money on the table , then it could be a case of you don't care whether you play or not in some cases ,

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

In terms of bike gate I was very much forgive and forget. 

With this we will see how things pan out. 

As I said earlier: he plays where he is told to or he shouldn't play

That is not just from a tactical point of view but I strongly believe that players should not dictate where they play. A managers authority goes down the crapper once he starts kowtowing to his players. By all means listen to their point of view, but it looks pretty daft when we've all heard about how Nando will be wide left then he magically appears up top. 

Still a bit amazed that Carlos has disclosed this. 

Yeah fully agree cant see how anyone would argue with that. Also think FF played up top simply because Carlos picked him to play there not because he magically has some say in squad selection like some believe

Carlos is the one at fault here for me whipped up a right sh1tstorm

14th July:

“Fernando is happy to play anywhere. If he had to play centre half, he is happy because he wants to play. Same behaviour if on the left or the centre. We have been training more with Fernando on the left. He can play in attack but he has been playing on the left."

6th August:

“The answer he (Forestieri) gave was he can’t play on the left side because he must track back to defend and doesn’t feel energy to attack. Fernando said he feels totally comfortable in attack and completely out of position on the left side.”

I wonder what's changed in the last few weeks?

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

14th July:

“Fernando is happy to play anywhere. If he had to play centre half, he is happy because he wants to play. Same behaviour if on the left or the centre. We have been training more with Fernando on the left. He can play in attack but he has been playing on the left."

6th August:

“The answer he (Forestieri) gave was he can’t play on the left side because he must track back to defend and doesn’t feel energy to attack. Fernando said he feels totally comfortable in attack and completely out of position on the left side.”

Maybe FF got another offer like last year?

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

14th July:

6th August:

There's a power play/ end game being acted out imo.

It's all well and good sayin FF made one mistake, forgive and forget and all this shizzle but that one mistake was about the biggest one he could have made

showed complete and utter disrespect to the club and the fans, so like I said yesterday ... forgive me if i ain't rushing to his defence !   The facts are he's employed to play football for this club and to dictate where he wants to play and refuse to follow orders is absolutely bang out of line and for us as fans to be sympathetic towards him is not the correct thing to do for me