Next season kit

Just now, mogbad said:

Yes I think sponsors were added after, although I seem to remember a season without a sponsor at all.

As you say hopefully lessons learnt if that's the reason. It might however indicate why very few teams go down the road of producing their own kit & why the ones that do revert back to mainstream supply.

I think if I'm a new sponsor I don't want any photos of the kit or kits in circulation that don't have my branding, also the initial kit sales are the strongest so it would negate the sponsorship, no sponsorship at all different matter. Either scenario could be right I guess. 

Totally agree, in house probably has no merit going forward, ideally you want that shirt (stripes, our brand) a big sponsor and a top kit brand as well. 

53 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

We will have to get something out of lost property or play in pants and vests. 

Cue unbridaled excitement amongst the the entire female fan base and a reasonable percentage of the males!! WTF:

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Reliable posters have said it's not. If it was we would have had it by now (at least for the team).

I've  heard it's being made in China and enough for the team should arrive this week- that seems to be backed up by a few posts.

I'm just hoping the kids prices are reasonable- they can make the adults £80 for me. In fact they should, to subsidise the kids prices. 

Doubt that'll work, some buy any old tat but not at £80 a throw 

52 minutes ago, mogbad said:

We've released kits in the past without sponsors though. Personally i think its more likely DC has underestimated the timescales to producing our own kit, either that or his constant meddling has delayed the process.

either that or his constant meddling has delayed the process.

Bingo

8 hours ago, Sam779 said:

Cloth sourced in the UK and sent to China to be made.

Returned from China to be completed by a local company is what I'm of the understanding.

China is the biggest source of raw materials used in apparel. That would literally make zero commercial sense.

If it was U.K. Sourced material then you would look at Turkey, Ukraine, Spain even Bangladesh before China

not saying it hasn't happen but it would literally be THE most stupid thing ever.

and I can't even begin to fathom what synthetic we could create that the Chinese can't. 

Edited by McRightSide

3 minutes ago, King Phil said:

I'd happily wait till Christmas for proper stripes and our proper badge back. That Harry Potter thing is offensive. Can't help thinking Chansiri is either losing interest, skint or planning something so evil he's scared to announce it.... #RedShirt

Why do you find our club's original badge offensive?

:duntmatter:

598030d44a485_Wembley66.png.d70bfe1ef0a3e63b8ff70e24664b9235.png

2 hours ago, King Phil said:

Well it's a childish mash-up of one that was extremely quickly discarded. It's embarrassing. And 90% of Wednesday fans grew up and connected with the stylised Owls. Many had it tattooed on their skin before ink was even trendy. And we all learned to doodle it on schoolbooks in the formative years when our bond with Sheffield Wednesday was taking root. Wednesday without stripes or the badge are reduced. Those roots start to atrophy. 

So the 150 years we celebrate should have the art student coffee break knock up rather than our traditional badge... lol 

12 hours ago, mogbad said:

We've released kits in the past without sponsors though. Personally i think its more likely DC has underestimated the timescales to producing our own kit, either that or his constant meddling has delayed the process.

The company I work for has in the past collaborated with sportswear brands (adidas, New Balance, PUMA, etc) on designing products (trainers mostly, but also t-shirts and jackets). From my own experience from these processes I was very concerned when it was mentioned that we'd be going in-house on design/branding for this season's kit. The two reasons being cost and timescales.

Working closely with the brands, our timescales were generally in the region of 18 months from initial brief and first designs to actually seeing the products on sale. Those timescales are obviously squeezed even tighter for football kits, so the pressure must be high enough for all the clubs that opt for template kits to make their design decisions, let alone the ones that want something more individual. The factories are usually set up with schedules to make the transition from design to design easier (i.e. manufacturing all the kits that are using the same base materials/colours together for efficiency). For the globally-supported clubs that are going to have very high sales, they'd most likely be paying a premium for individual design elements, premium materials, and an early manufacturing slot.

I'm only making assumptions, but my guess is that this is where we've had the problems. DC (reportedly) wanted a bespoke, unbranded, high-quality kit for our anniversary season. This would probably be extremely difficult to accomplish without pushing the unit costs up so high that the average fan would be priced out, so the only way is to accept a manufacturing slot right at the back of the queue to save on costs. If any unforeseen hitch that's encountered in the process - or even DC himself just not being satisfied with something - is always likely to cause serious problems in the already-pressured manufacturing process.

Edited by punkskaphil