Next season kit

20 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Does anyone know if there are any other clubs in all 4 divisions who haven't announced their kits?

I know we are the last in the Championship

I believe the Premiership clubs have announced theirs ...

On 30/07/2017 at 09:10, RUMBELOWS91 said:

First thing- I wouldn't have called you a bobbar stirrer (I'm guessing you weren't aiming that solely at me!)

im a bit split on this, because ultimately I don't think the number of sales will be affected greatly- the majority of those that buy them will still march like lemmings to the shop on day one to part with £50+ for a polyester t-shirt. I do agree though that the wider implication is that as a club we are currently incredibly inept in this area.

I think the main concern for most, when they complain about the kit not being out, is becuase of the poor commercial side on show from us at the moment. Well thats where i fall under as i dont usually purchase a kit .. however it makes much more sense to have it out well before the end of the last season, possibly for use in the play off semi's or final or at least on the 1st June ready for the summer or something?

Plus, added to the fact that communication has been poor, if we are told a reason why its not here, then most of us would stop speculating and complaining ...

not to mention other areas which seem to be falling behind ... its just poor from us.

We needed to be taking real big advantage of the 150th anniversary celebrations and we aren't doing sh*t ....

Edited by Hack-Abusi

5 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I know we are the last in the Championship

I believe the Premiership clubs have announced theirs ...

I think the main concern for most, when they complain about the kit not being out, is becuase of the poor commercial side on show from us at the moment. Well thats where i fall under as i dont usually purchase a kit .. however it makes much more sense to have it out well before the end of the last season, possibly for use in the play off semi's or final or at least on the 1st June ready for the summer or something?

Plus, added to the fact that communication has been poor, if we are told a reason why its not here, then most of us would stop speculating and complaining ...

not to mention other areas which seem to be falling behind ... its just poor from us.

We needed to be taking real big advantage of the 150th anniversary celebrations and we aren't doing sh*t ....

But isn't the whole kit thing because of the 150th anniversary? If it were any other season I doubt DC would've been wanting a special bespoke-designed unbranded kit.

1 minute ago, punkskaphil said:

But isn't the whole kit thing because of the 150th anniversary? If it were any other season I doubt DC would've been wanting a special bespoke-designed unbranded kit.

It was reported that he didn't think we got value for money using branded kits. 

2 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Which is fine, could understand if that was the reason for delay (tell us in a statement) but there are also perhaps other things the club could do to either a) generate income, b) give the fans something to be part of, c) increase our profile, d) get local businesses involved ... that kinda thing!

Edited by Hack-Abusi

56 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

The company I work for has in the past collaborated with sportswear brands (adidas, New Balance, PUMA, etc) on designing products (trainers mostly, but also t-shirts and jackets). From my own experience from these processes I was very concerned when it was mentioned that we'd be going in-house on design/branding for this season's kit. The two reasons being cost and timescales.

Working closely with the brands, our timescales were generally in the region of 18 months from initial brief and first designs to actually seeing the products on sale. Those timescales are obviously squeezed even tighter for football kits, so the pressure must be high enough for all the clubs that opt for template kits to make their design decisions, let alone the ones that want something more individual. The factories are usually set up with schedules to make the transition from design to design easier (i.e. manufacturing all the kits that are using the same base materials/colours together for efficiency). For the globally-supported clubs that are going to have very high sales, they'd most likely be paying a premium for individual design elements, premium materials, and an early manufacturing slot.

I'm only making assumptions, but my guess is that this is where we've had the problems. DC (reportedly) wanted a bespoke, unbranded, high-quality kit for our anniversary season. This would probably be extremely difficult to accomplish without pushing the unit costs up so high that the average fan would be priced out, so the only way is to accept a manufacturing slot right at the back of the queue to save on costs. If any unforeseen hitch that's encountered in the process - or even DC himself just not being satisfied with something - is always likely to cause serious problems in the already-pressured manufacturing process.

No need to worry, my mate got a 3 piece suit knocked up, made to measure in Thailand in less than 4 hours, then purchased a lovely rascal Tag Watch to compliment the look, Chansiri has told us that he has friends, these market Taylor's might just be them .

8 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

It was reported that he didn't think we got value for money using branded kits. 

Fair enough. He's probably right, but I imagine the overall costs involved in going unbranded might end up forcing him to return to brands in the future. More clubs would be doing it otherwise.

19 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Which ever way you spin it, I can categorically say we have sold less new kits this summer than any other Championship or Premier League club.

Not sure there is anything positive about that.

Replica kits are a rip off. Not just Wednesday, but all clubs.

So no kit = no sales = no rip off.

Always look on the bright side of life.

16 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Replica kits are a rip off. Not just Wednesday, but all clubs.

So no kit = no sales = no rip off.

Always look on the bright side of life.

Are you saying the club has been knowingly ripping off our fans for years ?