shirt on holiday

cool dudes

I hope they're smart

Lacatoni

And a shambles.

Bingoooo, full house

Edited by MrTacoSWFC

16 minutes ago, Sam779 said:

The new kit will be arriving at the club on Tuesday.  Don't think it'll be for sale then and might just be the kit for the players.

I'm told we should expect an official announcement on Monday or Tuesday.

You know what, wouldn't surprise me if kits been sat in Chansiri's office this whole time. He strikes me as a particular guy, bet he has the idea of releasing the new kit when we sign a new defender. No defender so no shirt.

Or thats probably all testicles and nowts sorted yet

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You know what, wouldn't surprise me if kits been sat in Chansiri's office this whole time. He strikes me as a particular guy, bet he has the idea of releasing the new kit when we sign a new defender. No defender so no shirt.

Or thats probably all testicles and nowts sorted yet

Might be some superstitious thing... can only release it on a certain date or after a black cat walks past the office.

18 minutes ago, Sam779 said:

The new kit will be arriving at the club on Tuesday.  Don't think it'll be for sale then and might just be the kit for the players.

I'm told we should expect an official announcement on Monday or Tuesday.

121593136.jpg.aa265aef4f7169ec91991d589abfcdd0.jpg

Just now, MrTacoSWFC said:

Might be some superstitious thing... can only release it on a certain date or after a black cat walks past the office.

That might be too far away from the truth. 

We all know the chairman has his quirks and certainly does things on his own terms/time. 

Still though...can't help but feel that we've made a bit of a balls up with this kit situation. Sure it will sell in droves when it is finally released, but I've found the near complete silence from the club this summer all a bit strange. Probably nothing. 

1 minute ago, scram said:

Absolute howling f*cking mess

If it were the pigs or leeds we'd be having an absolute knees on up such an incredible shambles

Can't disagree. 

I mean last season we were promoting the new kit a good month or two before Owls in the Park (which was in August). 

This season absolutely nothing. 

The commercial side of the club leaves a lot to be desired. Something that has been the case for many, many years. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Can't disagree. 

I mean last season we were promoting the new kit a good month or two before Owls in the Park (which was in August). 

This season absolutely nothing. 

The commercial side of the club leaves a lot to be desired. Something that has been the case for many, many years. 

The difference now is that we are employing a guy who has worked for some big-name clubs around the world, he's probably not getting paid a pittance for his services and yet there has been very little significant improvement and some major issues have got worse.

It obviously wont all be down to one man but given he was brought in to improve matters and was seen as a high profile appointment, questions have to be asked of what is being done.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

The difference now is that we are employing a guy who has worked for some big-name clubs around the world, he's probably not getting paid a pittance for his services and yet there has been very little significant improvement and some major issues have got worse.

It obviously wont all be down to one man but given he was brought in to improve matters and was seen as a high profile appointment, questions have to be asked of what is being done.

Indeed. 

Didn't the bloke work for Shaktar Donetsk? 

In the grandest scheme of things this isn't that important maybe

If we get promoted nobody will be sulking because our kit was out symbolically late

But go to the next level and DC becomes an absolute minnow in the game - where a decent kit deal may mean the difference between getting the player to help us survive - or not...

It's not good on any level - easier to shrug off now as a bigger player in a small pond - but next season we could be a tiddler in an ocean - and we'll need to be much smarter on every level

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Indeed. 

Didn't the bloke work for Shaktar Donetsk? 

Made a major impact there having previously been at Man Utd. 

While he may have his hands tied somewhat by DC having the final say on matters, you wouldn;t expect it to be any different at any of his previous clubs - he would need to get things signed off at board level. 

You wouldn't expect him to stick around too long if Chansiri was affecting his work to such an extent. He has built up an impressive CV and issues like this won't go unnoticed and will have a detrimental affect on his reputation in the circles he works in. 

1 hour ago, ReginaldD said:

Decided to try and alternative match and shirt today. 

Took my son to his first match Sheffield FC v Hallam FC. Great for little kids as he could get up and walk around and be close to the action. Was contemplating taking him to the Rangers game but thought he wouldn't sit still.

If anyone is itching to get a new football shirt I can recommend a look in the direction of the Sheffield FC website. They're selling their new shirt for under £20 (their away shirt is blue) 

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/other-uk-clubs/non-league/sheffield-fc.html

IMG_icbnfa.jpg

Yes, these Sheffield Club 2017/18 shirts look really classy and only £19.99.

But why are they selling last season's (2016/17) for £5.00 more!:columbo:

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Have you not been following this thread?

We don't need to see an actual shirt to have a meltdown about a shirt!

:duntmatter:

Aye,but it can be taken to the next level of complaint because there are too many or too few stitches per cm of fabric,or some shiznee !!