Next season kit

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Reliable posters have said it's not. If it was we would have had it by now (at least for the team).

I've  heard it's being made in China and enough for the team should arrive this week- that seems to be backed up by a few posts.

I'm just hoping the kids prices are reasonable- they can make the adults £80 for me. In fact they should, to subsidise the kids prices. 

Cloth sourced in the UK and sent to China to be made.

Returned from China to be completed by a local company is what I'm of the understanding.

10 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

We're not allowed due to EFL rules. We will have to get something out of lost property or play in pants and vests. 

What are the rules?

On 7/29/2017 at 17:23, scilly owl said:

The Club shop is beyond help. I've met the man in charge and he was totally clueless. I brought my Grandson to the Newcastle game last season (remember how hot and sunny that was folks) and they didn't have a cap in the place...not one. I asked a tall statuesque youth, who seemed to be auditioning for a place at Madame Tussaurds as Captain Inept, where the caps were and he said "I think that they are on order"

Anything nice was only available in Small or XXL...there would be 15 hanging on the forward facing arm so I thought "Great, I might be in luck here, Small, Small, Small, Small, hang on, there's got to be a flippin' large here somewhere, Small, Small, XXL, Small...oh I give up"

Baring in mind the footfall on a match day, loads of people like me REALLY wanting to buy some threads, you'd think that the new regime might have got a handle on the missed opportunity for extra club revenue and done something about it. 

Off the field commercial revenue is totally mismanaged and misunderstood by Wednesday and considering that the club is getting so much right at this time in our history, it is a bit of a mystery.

On 7/30/2017 at 09:56, Internationowl said:

*drops mic.

lol

14 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think the only way to avoid the wrath of the EFL is to turn up with last year's 3rd kit- thus creating a colour clash and forcing us to borrow Preston's away kit.

What is the colour of the new away shirt? Heard lots about the home and 3rd kit, nothing about the away. 

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Summat about not being able to change your kit.

Be reyt then as it looks like we are not changing our kit at the moment!

Just posted this in another thread thinking it was in here..... doing two things at once and completing neither!

I can only think of one realistic reason that there is no kit on general sale and perhaps more tellingly no kit yet worn by us in any friendlies. There simply has to be some kind of shirt sponsorship in the offing, because barring a level of incompetence unparalleled in even our darkest years nothing else makes sense to me. 

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Just posted this in another thread thinking it was in here..... doing two things at once and completing neither!

I can only think of one realistic reason that there is no kit on general sale and perhaps more tellingly no kit yet worn by us in any friendlies. There simply has to be some kind of shirt sponsorship in the offing, because barring a level of incompetence unparalleled in even our darkest years nothing else makes sense to me. 

We've released kits in the past without sponsors though. Personally i think its more likely DC has underestimated the timescales to producing our own kit, either that or his constant meddling has delayed the process.

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

We've released kits in the past without sponsors though. Personally i think its more likely DC has underestimated the timescales to producing our own kit, either that or his constant meddling has delayed the process.

Kits without sponsor and then added shortly after? If it's as you think that's not overly distressing so long as it's lesson learnt.

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Kits without sponsor and then added shortly after? If it's as you think that's not overly distressing so long as it's lesson learnt.

Yes I think sponsors were added after, although I seem to remember a season without a sponsor at all.

As you say hopefully lessons learnt if that's the reason. It might however indicate why very few teams go down the road of producing their own kit & why the ones that do revert back to mainstream supply.