Burnley

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm fairly philosophical about any of our players leaving, to be honest.

I can't see Chansiri allowing a prized asset to leave for anything less than a mildly inflated price, and we know that any funds are likely to be ploughed straight back into the first team squad.

Bannan is a cracking player for us, but if he were to leave, I know we'd find somebody else capable of at least as much.

It's a far cry from the days of agonising over whether we'd sell our best players for peanuts, knowing that any replacements would be half as good at best.

Bang on. It's not like the days when we lost brunt n whelan...we thought the world had ended!! 

Bannan is replaceable. 

Guest 1banana2banana

Here are the key points 

if a player wants to leave Sheffield Wednesday for Burnley, they are very short sighted and are on a 1/2 year money grab 

2. They can't have ever been to Burnley 

3. Burnley lol 

4 hours ago, hugeowl said:

What a surprise !

Your dislike of BB is unhealthy and obsessive . 

Don't dislike him. Think he's had a poor year and I do feel like many on here to move forward a different type of midfielder is required - i.e. a beast. If we can get good money for him then it's win win.

Bannan has been played quite deep or out wide which limited him from last season. I think Leeds was an example of where we suddenly looked like we missed him. But I suppose the fact we shoehorned him in may suggest that a reshuffle isn't out of the question.

I wouldn't expect Burnley fans to be excited but I think he would do ok for them.

8 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Let em have him and bring in a midfield beast and Jota.

Our midfield needs strengthening and something different, regardless of whether or not Bannan goes. And it's needed more strength, pace and creativity since last summer.

I don't think having a midfield beast is part of CCs plans, hence his quote last season " you don't bring the bouncer onto the Disco dance floor"

:manager:lol

31 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I'm convinced players will move on this summer as per my post in the transfer budget thread. Wouldn't be surprised if we raise at least £10-15m through selling Bannan and possibly Forestieri and maybe another player. Just a gut feeling and I've nothing to base this on. 

Me too.

Just now, MallorcaOwl said:

I don't think having a midfield beast is part of CCs plans, hence his quote last season " you don't bring the bouncer onto the Disco dance floor"

:manager:lol

lol gotta love Carlos' quotes.

Although I like Bannan as a player, I don't see him as a key player our midfield needs something different I reckon or re-shaping. We could do with more creativity or someone to drive us forward. At times we look too deep, predictable and lightweight.

Don't think Carlos chooses to sell Bannan. Only way this transfer happens is if Burnley persist and Bannan says he wants to go. In which case we will hold out for around 10 million i should think and see if they are willing to pay it.

6 minutes ago, WAWAW1867 said:

Don't think Bannan would want to go anyway imo

Other than playing in the Premier League and tripling his money, there are no compelling reasons tbf. It may be Burnley, but he won't be living on the main shopping precinct next to a Balti House. 

2 hours ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Looking on "Up The Clarets".....Burnley fans seem LESS than enthusiastic about signing Bannan, who they see as a Championship player.

Doubt whether they will make a move.

I'm sure that that the management at Burnley will look on "up the clarets" and change their mind