Burnley

Guest wilyfox

I'd only consider if we could replace with top quality like Mooy or Cairney. Otherwise, selling Bannan would be too detrimental. In his prime, having played the best football of his career here. Had his critics this season, but still very important to us. 

Every single position in the team can be improved upon. We need to shake off the emotional attachment to players. It's one of the many reasons why we will be playing the likes of Burton, Millwall and Sheffield United next season. 

I'm not his biggest fan, but he can be quality on his day, when he's not obsessed with passing sideways.

I'd hope we'd get nearer £10m than £5m though given the inflated prices at PL and Championship level these days. If Burnley think he's good enough to pay in the PL they should be paying accordingly like they did by (over)paying £13m for Brady and £10.5m for Hendrick.

If there's truth in the rumour and it's for the money that's being touted, we should sell.

How many of us have complained about CC shoe horning 3 central midfielders into the team in a 4-4-2 system? 

Lee/Hutchinson as the central pairing with Bannan on the right/left just doesn't make sense - if he's not good enough in CC's eyes to take one of the central places when all 3 are fit then it's a problem unless he's happy to be on the bench.

27 minutes ago, vulva said:

Whichever way you look at it, this team has failed twice. As a result, it needs to change in key areas. 

Had Carlos kept his nerve we would all be in cars or on trains today.

Instead, he tore up a winning team, and went back to a failed team.

Bannan wasn't the issue.

Hope he stays. One of my favourite and one of our most important players.

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

£5-10m?.

****** their hand off and get Tom Huddleston from Hull.

He Knows this div, been promoted twice, big lad and can play a bit too.

I would carry Bannan there myself for that but wouldn't be able to carry Huddlestone back

5 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

If there's truth in the rumour and it's for the money that's being touted, we should sell.

How many of us have complained about CC shoe horning 3 central midfielders into the team in a 4-4-2 system? 

Lee/Hutchinson as the central pairing with Bannan on the right/left just doesn't make sense - if he's not good enough in CC's eyes to take one of the central places when all 3 are fit then it's a problem unless he's happy to be on the bench.

You think Lee playing 15 yards ahead of Hutch will be better than Baz playing 15 yards in front of Hutch?

Bannan's ball-retention as an isolated CM was remarkable. I don't see Lee having the same quality on the ball as BB.

Considering the up and down season that Bannan's just had and the number of central midfielders we already have at the club, if the price is right I wouldn't be that sorry to see him leave.

Anything over £5m and we have to consider it although in all honesty this is probably just papertalk like 95% of transfer rumours.

Just now, Holmowl said:

You think Lee playing 15 yards ahead of Hutch will be better than Baz playing 15 yards in front of Hutch?

Bannan's ball-retention as an isolated CM was remarkable. I don't see Lee having the same quality on the ball as BB.

So you'd drop Lee and hope he's happy to be on the bench yeah?

1 hour ago, MOwl said:

Agreed. If they give us around £5m I say take it. We've got enough small midfielders, replace him with a big lad.

I think Carlos probably considers Bannan to be his most important player. I would be astounded if we let him go for 5 million.

Barry is a good player, retains the ball well, lots of energy,  very underrated in terms of the creativity he brings and good injury record. 

A player we should be looking to keep unless offers in excess of £10m which would allow us to bring in a replacement  of similar quality.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, striker said:

Barry is a good player, retains the ball well, lots of energy,  very underrated in terms of the creativity he brings and good injury record. 

A player we should be looking to keep unless offers in excess of £10m which would allow us to bring in a replacement  of similar quality.

Pretty much. The Lee/Bannan argument rumbles on, but Kieran missed 3 months whilst Baz was consistently fit for selection. Bannan also has greater vision and range of passing, and finished the season our top provider. 

Flounce warning .....

Astonished that so many fellow fans think top 6/ top2 championship midfielders grow on trees. 

BB was far and away our best player in the play off at Hillsborough but - yeah - no worries - we'll drive him to Burnley ourselves

Lee, Hutch were here under Gray and anonymous against Udders but let's keep the SG team together ....

Every player has a price but we are an 80+ points team looking for one or two additions to make us automatic. We literally can't afford to sell BB unless we have a replacement of similar quality. And apart from Cairney (20 mill?) and Mooy (depends on today's result) I can't think of any who have proven themselves to be as skilful energetic , consistent or influential at this level. 

Would-be taxi drivers in this thread  should be forced by OT management to NAME A CREDIBLE BB REPLACEMENT. He is the modern Shezza - what he needs is a Palmer.

37 minutes ago, vulva said:

Whichever way you look at it, this team has failed twice. As a result, it needs to change in key areas. 

We essentially got 81 points from 45 games this season. Had we tried to win the last game that could easily have given us 84. That was with us missing 3 of our best players for much of the season (FF, Hooper and Lee). We only need to improve by 2 wins to put us in the automatic mixer next season. I think it would be a mistake to try and change things too much. 

Just now, Holmowl said:

No. I wouldn't play Hutch CM.

Our best pair is Lee and Bannan. 

I agree with that but unless CC comes up with a different approach then the chances are we aren't going to see a change this season in terms of the way play.

Perhaps given the fact that BB is relatively injury free has a lot to do with it, we wouldn't get the same kind of money for Hutch for instance.

If the money is good and will see us bring in players of a standard to improve weaker areas of the team then it's a good deal.