Huddersfield Town vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Just now, Owl_in_Oz said:

Well that was utterly awful. 

There's 'shutting up shop' and 'smash and grab'; but then there's also absolutely dreadful.  

Thank foook where not 3 nil down unless you end quite a few others be jumping off bridges. 

We arecaway way to a team that earned the same points as us in a knock out semi final first leg. 

Games not over, we're still in it. If that's absolutely dreadful my mind beggars what losing would be.

looks a professional disciplined first half to me! 

I thought we would be defensive and let them have possession etc. But we have been awful in possession and have been extremely clumsy.

One positive is that our defensive line has been excellent and we have caught them offside on numerous occasions.

We need to perform better in the second half.

There have been a lot of poor performances. Is it a game to bring Jones on for Wallace to get some composure in the middle? Put Lee wide right. We are getting overrun in the middle.

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Drama queens out i notice 

Its been what it is an away leg of the Play-Offs 

Home team dominant in the main but only 1 real scare 

We are looking nervy and that we want to be at least level pegging for the return at Hillsborough 

Van La Parra has looked their best player but i think as the half went on we looked more and more settled at the back 

You've said it.

Reyt. Should be a chorus of flushing bogs around the world right now as every Owl worth his salt evacuates his bowels in spectacular coordinated half-time lucky dump.

We've let em huff and puff with nothing much to show for it. Now's the time to show them who we are.

UTO! GER'ATTEM!

1 minute ago, OwlLuke said:

Meanwhile Palace 2-0 Hull HT, Hull going down as it stands

good I don't like the Allams

poor first half from us. udders look pretty toothless for all their possession. refs done ok, but udders are very lucky not to have a couple more bookings.

i think we should bring jones on for reach. let him anchor the midfield. the problem is now that we'll have to bring wallace off at some point because hes always a risk for a booking. so maybe wait 5 or 10 minutes and bring wallace off for jones and put reach on the right wing.

id like to see rhodes come on for the last 20 minutes

i wouldnt be disappointed with a draw going in to the second leg but we should really be coming away with the win. we're much better than huddersfield and huddersfield know their up against it even though we've shown nothing so far