Huddersfield Town vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Carlos would love a 0-0 so not too dissapointed if turgid football gets us that.Still find it incredible to have Jordan Rhodes on the bench when last season we'd have given anything to have him playing.

Fletcher been in slow motion first half but his role is to spoil and keep the defenders busy which he's doing.

Think we could nick this 1-0 although really even a 1-0 defeat wouldn't be the end of the world.

Guest mrbluesky

Not dissapointed,just needs tweaking i.e press a bit more and don`t let me turn and run at us in the dangerous areas,we are scared of the ball at the moment

Huddersfield are up for this, chasing everything down etc.  You would expect them to be.  If we suddenly start to leave gaps and play free flowing football we immediately open ourselves to there quick passing, especially down our left.  There are 225 minutes left, of which most are going to put pressure n Huddersfield.

Keep it tight, perhaps nick a goal - otherwise a 0-0 is ok.

Calm down..

Huddersfield are pressing us in any area we have possession but also aren't hurting us going forwards either.

I'm happy with that 1st half, other than Loovens given them a sniff they've had nowt for all that possession.

We can only improve.

37 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Nope not even off target.Proper Stuart Gray 1st half , hopefully a better 2nd half awaits.

By and large though, it's worked for us But I should imagine a rethink will be needed if we miss out

1 minute ago, sagesse said:

Huddersfield are up for this, chasing everything down etc.  You would expect them to be.  If we suddenly start to leave gaps and play free flowing football we immediately open ourselves to there quick passing, especially down our left.  There are 225 minutes left, of which most are going to put pressure n Huddersfield.

Keep it tight, perhaps nick a goal - otherwise a 0-0 is ok.

Calm down..

Exactly 

The longer it stays nil nil the more desperate they'll get they will think they need a lead coming to Hillsborough