channel 5

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

OK, so ignoring how cringe this whole thread is about seeking approval from a handful of 'experts' being instructed by a producer about what to chat about...

Could it not be that we're barely getting a mention because we're essentially performing as to expectation? We're beaten play-off finalists... it should be a talking point if we don't finish in the top 6. Huddersfield have been a revelation since Wagner took over halfway through last season, as evidenced by them likely finishing above us on a fraction of ours and many of the other top 6's budget. That's a talking point. Leeds were miles behind play-offs last year and have been in top 6 most of the year and look in danger of dropping away... that's a talking point. Reading finished 17th last season... talking point. Fulham 20th ffs and are scoring goals for fun (be it from mistakes or not)... talking point.

They only have a limited time on the show and you've got 3 teams currently in the play-offs that finished 17th, 19th and 20th last season. What do you think they're going to talk about... the largely uninspiring but workmanlike for most of the season Wednesday, or the-looking at it objectively- revelations- of the other three teams involved?

Chill out my dudes, there'll be plenty of time to chat about us as play-off contenders once we confirm our place in them over the next fortnight

Personally I couldn't care less but it did strike me as a little odd that they failed to even mention us in passing. I mean how can you have a conversation about the playoffs without even mentioning one of the teams.

Chris Iwelumo just talked nonsense for the most part

First he was on the Fulham bandwagon and assuming they would make the Playoffs, fair enough Think 80% of people now assume that, he also seemed to imply Huddersfield were in the Playoffs

He then mentioned he thinks Leeds will still make the Playoffs now they are chasing it will give them a new focus, Just ignoring the fact they went into todays game in 7TH OUTSIDE THE PLAYOFFS, how'd that new focus work out today?

So he thinks Leeds are in, seemed to suggest Fulham and Huddersfield would be In so was he suggesting we would miss out, Ok he can think and probably isn't the only one but at least say it, to me he suggested Leeds would be in without thinking that would mean someone would drop out. 

7 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Personally I couldn't care less but it did strike me as a little odd that they failed to even mention us in passing. I mean how can you have a conversation about the playoffs without even mentioning one of the teams.

Mention us in passing?

Bannan to Hooper, Hunt to Fletcher, Reach to the stars.

It's unbelievable how sad so many of our fans have become no mention of us this no mention of us that. Yet last season it was the best show on earth when the same fans believed channel 5 loved us. Deary me get a grip who gives a monkey's what pundits think.  

11 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

It wouldn't have hurt them to mention that we are the form team and that we have won 5 on the bounce.

But Fulham are impressing in the manner of their wins and there is only a short slot for discussion 

They mentioned Fulham are the form team with 4 wins on the bounce shows how inadequate they are in fact finding

11 hours ago, darklord said:

Don't worry,  I've checked with the EFL and channel 5 mentions don't count towards league position 

I've been meaning to ask, do tap ins and penalties count again for our strikers, or was that just for maclean?

That's not aimed at you btw, your post just reminded me.

5 minutes ago, newbster said:

They mentioned Fulham are the form team with 4 wins on the bounce shows how inadequate they are in fact finding

Exactly.

This is the 'pundit' who tipped Huddersfield for relegation.

Who then was touting Leeds to break into the auto positions.

It's not about Wednesday fans being 'needy'. This is a football 'current affairs', 'news' programme, where you are entitled to expect, with it being on mainstream television a certain level of editorial competence.

On a day when we have overtaken some of their nailed on favourites and moved up to fourth place, not to mention the best form stats over the last five games, you would expect as an absolute bare minimum at least a passing mention, even if it's through gritted teeth.

Anyone suspect we may be paying the penalty for 'mugging' the media darlings Brighton last year. 

As someone already said, you can simply stop watching it, the Sky Sports website already has longer highlights out within the hour of the match finishing, and the Wednesday youtube channel has extended highlights+commentary of around ~10 mins at midday the day after. Things have never really been better for watching highlights after a match.

The punditry has never been good at this level, we'll only get half decent punditry when we're in the premier league.

16 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

Wonder if we will get a mention on the programme tonight?c.o.w.

16 hours ago, twolaptops said:

They will say we are still looking over our shoulders.........Leeds & Hudders OK.....Reading certs.......Fulham chasing us down

These aren't as toadying as Peter Beagrie, sacked/moved-on Jay Bothroyd ex-Wednesday types and a raft of failed blade players dismissed in the last 5 years.  Let 'em slag us off - it's obvious they don't watch us. 

My hero pundit of the day, Jeff Stelling on SSN.