Conor Hourihane

Villa have to make up a 10 point gap, which means one or more of the top six needs to fall out of form and they need to discover some. Both don't look like happening at the mo. If I was a player and they are interested, i'd be planning to play in the championship next season.

Just now, Animis said:

Villa have to make up a 10 point gap, which means one or more of the top six needs to fall out of form and they need to discover some. Both don't look like happening at the mo. If I was a player and they are interested, i'd be planning to play in the championship next season.

Plus there are Derby and Fulham in the way as well.

Not gonna happen for Villa.

Fulham are the most likely other team to squeeze into the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Agree with that. 

Fulham are playing some great football at the moment. Took the Dingles apart yesterday. 

Derby seem to be going back to looking like a bunch of individuals. They were really disjointed on Friday night (though Leeds were very good). 

Think Villa is a huge turnaround of a job. The bigger they are the harder they fall and it is going to take some time, plus a few transfer windows, before Bruce (or whoever) gets them fully turned around. No quick fix there. Club has been in a malaise for too long. 

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Been monitoring Fulham recently. Their fans are very confident and they seem to be the only contenders that have the ability to score goals. Looks like Chris Martin is back at his best too. What an absoloute disaster of a loan signing that is by Derby lol Basically loaning a rival a player that could genuinely then stop them getting in the play offs. It's hilarious. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Been monitoring Fulham recently. Their fans are very confident and they seem to be the only contenders that have the ability to score goals. Looks like Chris Martin is back at his best too. What an absoloute disaster of a loan signing that is by Derby lol Basically loaning a rival a player that could genuinely then stop them getting in the play offs. It's hilarious. 

Perhaps Pearson wanted to help Wednesday out as much as possible by dismantling Derby? Doubtful tho lol 

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'm sure serenading Hourihane for twenty minutes will have made him change his mind and decide to stay...:duntmatter:

It's not just the Dingles tbf. We had a fair share of numpties tweeting and facebooking a certain striker up until last week with similar sentiments. Thankfully that striker wanted to stay and signed a new deal. 

If a player has made his mind up, then there's not a whole lot you can do. 

Barnsley have backed themselves into a corner with these contracts. Pretty sure they'd have tied a few of them down had they offered new deals in the aftermath of the play off final. 

Not 100% sure on this but will find out tomorrow for definite. 

It seems Barnsley aren't as flush with cash as radio Sheffield make out saying they don't need to sell players as they have the John Stones and Alfie Mawson money, either that or they refuse to pay players a decent pay rise.

I say this because I've heard that Barnsley did offer Connor Hourihane a new 3 year contract but on a grand a week less than he's currently on?????

Seems like they want these players to leave if this is true.

Winnall's agents did come across a bit poorly to me. Leaking the photo was daft and they seem a bit liable to show off - the way Winnall thanked them on twitter struck me as strange, do players usually publically thank their agents after a transfer? 

Barnsley are probably in a bit of a strop at present but there's plenty of transfer window left for reality to dawn on them - they'd be daft not to sell Hourihane now, as the only argument they could have to keep him is that they need him to keep their outside play off hopes alive, but I think they're pretty close to dying anyway. If they're being offered well over a million for him, they should take the money for him and Bree, which would come to over £5 million, and reinvest.No point letting him leave for nothing in the summer - Hourihane might get an even bigger wage as it will just be a free for all for his signature but that doesn't matter to Barnsley.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

They don't have the same agent

As for them wanting to pull out of the deal and/or refuse to sell Conor Hourihane to us because of something an agent did, something completely out of our hands... grow up Barnsley lol 

You may be right. Haven't looked into myself but read that they do. He supposedly follows both the agency & agent who sorted out the Winnall transfer.

Just now, Stainless1983 said:

You may be right. Haven't looked into myself but read that they do. He supposedly follows both the agency & agent who sorted out the Winnall transfer.

I'm going off transfermarkt which says they've got different agents. Could easily be outdated I'll give you that, but I'm gonna stick my nose out and say that transfermarkt is more accurate than who he's following on twitter :duntmatter: (I'm probably wrong now I've said that :rolleyes:)

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm going off transfermarkt which says they've got different agents. Could easily be outdated I'll give you that, but I'm gonna stick my nose out and say that transfermarkt is more accurate than who he's following on twitter :duntmatter: (I'm probably wrong now I've said that :rolleyes:)

Nose in....neck out.

Barnsley only have themselves to blame for the situation they have found themselves in regarding Wainnall , Hourihane and Bree. What muppets let their best players contracts run down to the final six months ? 

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Never looked at that site. Is it any good?

In fact I'm going to look now. I'm clearly very bored.

56 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

It is a bit like us loaning our star striker Nuihu to Huddersfield to help them over their lack of strikers.lol

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Barnsley only have themselves to blame for the situation they have found themselves in regarding Wainnall , Hourihane and Bree. What muppets let their best players contracts run down to the final six months ? 

This.

Maybe some of our six-fingered friends should redirect some of their bile from us and point it in the direction of their board who have allowed this situation to arise.

1 minute ago, Chilli said:

This.

Maybe some of our six-fingered friends should redirect some of their bile from us and point it in the direction of their board who have allowed this situation to arise.

Correct 

13 minutes ago, Feelthepayne said:

signing tommorrow 100%

source?

Big Gun's mate at pub

wouldnt back against your post as i know hes been to hillsborough twice this week, optomistic, dont know that much off him, will he be a replacement for kl or better?

26 minutes ago, debram said:

wouldnt back against your post as i know hes been to hillsborough twice this week, optomistic, dont know that much off him, will he be a replacement for kl or better?

Find it very hard to believe he's been to Hillsborough yet. Clubs have to agree a fee before a player is allowed to discuss anything with another club. Otherwise we would be in bother.