Conor Hourihane

1 minute ago, Stainless1983 said:

Had a look now. It's interesting but a load of poo really ain't it. Values Fessi at £4m & Hourihane at £400k. 

:picnic:

I mean, the appearances, assists and goals aren't... the information it gives is very good

The values are clearly arbitrary BS, but who really cares lol 

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Forestieri, Fletcher and Hooper on £100k per week in total

Wonder how many teams' budgets are at that level in this division

(Not a criticism, simply an observation)

Criticizing is unwise on this board. :stuwinky: But it's a fair point, which even the Carvalhistas have to take note of. We can't match Villa, not if it gets into a bidding war, but Brucie can't sign everybody. Or can he? lol

Sun reporting villa offering 28k. 

Bit unprofessional of someone to report that in the press.

sure DC/CC would never release that info. 

Reckon CH is exactly what we need. Someone who can take free kicks etc. Bit of creativity. Goals from midfield. 

Hoping we pull this off. 

1 minute ago, ozzieowl said:

Sun reporting villa offering 28k. 

Bit unprofessional of someone to report that in the press.

sure DC/CC would never release that info. 

Reckon CH is exactly what we need. Someone who can take free kicks etc. Bit of creativity. Goals from midfield. 

Hoping we pull this off. 

Could be the agent to stoke further interest from other clubs. It happens. 

I'm not convinced we need him, he's relatively inexperienced at this level and £28k is a lot of money to pay someone who might just be in a purple patch. No problem with the transfer fee, I just think we could do better for the wages

On the other hand if he goes to Villa he has no idea if he will get a game. They are after so many quality midfielders he might just sign and find himself up against some top Championship players who are well proven at this level. It doesn't look like Villa are going to sign one or two they could sign 3 or 4 or more.

I'm not too fussed either way, if we carry on playing 2 wingers and Hutch in the holding role. That only leaves I spot and Bannan, Abdi and Jones to fill it.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

I'm not convinced we need him, he's relatively inexperienced at this level and £28k is a lot of money to pay someone who might just be in a purple patch. No problem with the transfer fee, I just think we could do better for the wages

On the other hand if he goes to Villa he has no idea if he will get a game. They are after so many quality midfielders he might just sign and find himself up against some top Championship players who are well proven at this level. It doesn't look like Villa are going to sign one or two they could sign 3 or 4 or more.

I'm not too fussed either way, if we carry on playing 2 wingers and Hutch in the holding role. That only leaves I spot and Bannan, Abdi and Jones to fill it.

11 assists and 5 goals in 21 games, hardly down to luck.

10 minutes ago, prowl said:

A couple we have signed who ARE experienced at this level , Jones and Abdi, have hardly pulled any trees up. 

Its a gamble, yes, but he shown in half a season that he has what it takes at this level. 

I think it's about getting players at the right time. Watford seemingly got Abdi then and we haven't seen the same. we got FF just as he has started to peak and hopefully Winnall too. 

Someone like Hourihane has been playing without too much expectation and that could effect him if he moves to a bigger club. But he has shown he can do well in his league. When you look at the prices quoted for the likes of Tom Cairney it would be good to get Hourihane.