Conor Hourihane

3 hours ago, Ironman said:

Really hope we get the guy. Hourihane plus a solid centre back as back up, someone in the Micheal turner mould, and it'll have been a great transfer window.

I'd forgotten we had Turner. Didn't think he looked particularly special tbh, was good in the air and pretty strong but very slow. Loovens is a better option than him. If we're going to sign a centre back I'd much rather sign a young one from lower down the leagues who we can develop - like Brighton have done with Connor Goldson.

Either that or a cheap but solid option like Michael Mancienne, who is reliable, a decent age and his contract is up in six months. Forest want to offload while they can still get a fee for him because his wages are too high.

If the player has signed the contract I'm not sure Barnsley could pull out if they wanted to. I would have thought that a contract would legally be in force at that time.

As I say, I'm not sure, I don't know for definite.

Just now, prowl said:

If the player has signed the contract I'm not sure Barnsley could pull out if they wanted to. I would have thought that a contract would legally be in force at that time.

As I say, I'm not sure, I don't know for definite.

If they let the player talk to the club, accept the bid and the player signs I'm pretty sure they have no way of getting out of it.

They could have withheld his registration for a day or two? 

Who cares in any event. 

Winnall has moved to us, the Dingles are crying and having to console themselves with a six knuckle shuffle and we will probably take Hourihane off them too for sh*ts and giggles. 

17 minutes ago, Stainless1983 said:

Just saw this on DingleTalk. I'm pretty sure Hourihane has same agent as Winnall which may explain why they're  refusing to quote us.

IMG_4851.PNG

They don't have the same agent

As for them wanting to pull out of the deal and/or refuse to sell Conor Hourihane to us because of something an agent did, something completely out of our hands... grow up Barnsley lol 

1 minute ago, Pacifier said:

Nixon just tweeted saying Villa now in for Guedioura as well. 

Plethora of targets for Villa, we've got just the one... 

Makes me think Hourihane will either be playing for Wednesday or Barnsley come the end of the window, looking decreasingly likely there's a third option

I'm sure serenading Hourihane for twenty minutes will have made him change his mind and decide to stay...:duntmatter:

It's not just the Dingles tbf. We had a fair share of numpties tweeting and facebooking a certain striker up until last week with similar sentiments. Thankfully that striker wanted to stay and signed a new deal. 

If a player has made his mind up, then there's not a whole lot you can do. 

Barnsley have backed themselves into a corner with these contracts. Pretty sure they'd have tied a few of them down had they offered new deals in the aftermath of the play off final. 

Edited by SiJ

Don't think Villa know who they want. They're in that limbo stage of needing to get rid of players if they want to sign an expensive midfielder like Cairney (which would take their spending to nearly £70M this season on transfer fees). Or whether they go for a cheaper option like Lansbury or Hourihane.  

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Barnsley have backed themselves into a corner with these contracts. Pretty sure they'd have tied a few of them down had they offered new deals in the aftermath of the play off final. 

Yeah sure they wouldhave if those contracts were worth 15k per week or more.

Unfortunately Barnsley are more skint than we used to be.

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Don't think Villa know who they want. They're in that limbo stage of needing to get rid of players if they want to sign an expensive midfielder like Cairney (which would take their spending to nearly £70M this season on transfer fees). Or whether they go for a cheaper option like Lansbury or Hourihane.  

£70 Million and they're likely to spend more next season! Imagine having to spend £70-100 million in the Championship lol