Do we want FF to play again?

21 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i dont want him punished all i want is for him to honour the contract that he signed a year ago ......as for making it public, 20k of us have just spent a  small fortune on season tickets on the strength of watching players like him you dont think fobbing us off with a lie that he's injured when we patently know he's not could possibly be a wrong route to take .

No

I don't think it would be the wrong route to take to keep things out of the public domain - fans know a fraction of what goes on inside football clubs - for a reason

Putting this out there so publically might not only lose us one of the very top star matchwinners in this division - but even worse might deliver him to a direct rival

As i said - the club have to do whats best for the club - and if thats to find a way back for FF then thats what should happen. If theres no way back then move him on for the best we can get

I know the Owlstalk Shift is in full on reinvention mode right now with some fans - but without a doubt in my mind if FF played earlier we comfortably beat one of the favourites for promotion on their own patch

Do we wanna make a point - or do we want promotion

Usually the first course of action in a bad situation is to stop the situation from getting worse - and despite what anybody may say otherwise - we don't hold all the cards in this deal

Most important thing now is we don't let this turn into another Di Canio where we're the one's that get screwed. 

If we sell him it should only be for £12m+. Personally I think we should be after £15m, but £12m is probably more likely 

Edited by Southie_Owl

8 minutes ago, scram said:

No

I don't think it would be the wrong route to take to keep things out of the public domain - fans know a fraction of what goes on inside football clubs - for a reason

Putting this out there so publically might not only lose us one of the very top star matchwinners in this division - but even worse might deliver him to a direct rival

As i said - the club have to do whats best for the club - and if thats to find a way back for FF then thats what should happen. If theres no way back then move him on for the best we can get

I know the Owlstalk Shift is in full on reinvention mode right now with some fans - but without a doubt in my mind if FF played earlier we comfortably beat one of the favourites for promotion on their own patch

Do we wanna make a point - or do we want promotion

Usually the first course of action in a bad situation is to stop the situation from getting worse - and despite what anybody may say otherwise - we don't hold all the cards in this deal

Tbh carlos and the team have now outed him all over social media. They seem to have nailed there colours to the mast.

I'm reading that he's not wanted by the team anymore, so in a way he's already got what he wanted.

Time to move him on, make a profit and look for a replacement. If it costs us promotion so be it.

Edited by Maddogbob

Nah - he is finished here..even if he apologises, we'll never know if his heart is really in it

Once a statement of intent has been made to this level, its game over.

As has been mentioned, he is better suited to Derby or Newcastle anyway where money is a more important aspect than it is here.

If we get £12M- £15M I'd be pretty happy - that's 2/3 new players who can strengthen our squad.

IMO the team needs a little bit more balance and this investment could give us what we need

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Yes I love him. He can be the difference and it would be forgotten very quickly if we could put this to bed. 

That all sounds very sexual, I hope you don't mind me saying.

Are any other readers wanting to share their thoughts regarding expressing their affection for any of our players in a physical way?

If so...for God's sake, don't post about it on here. It is absolutely revolting and we don't want to know.

Whilst I wouldn't want him to be sold to a rival to aid their promotion push, just imagine if he's through on goal against Westwood at Hillsboro only to be inevitably broken in half by a hutch  challenge and unable to play for a season how satisfying a lot of our fans would find that.

I suspect that the club have been speaking to FF all week.  The club moved quickly to resolve Westwood and Lees uncertainty.

Sounds like it was all in vain given how strongly Carlos has reacted.

I hope we stand firm and are able to refuse to sell to a championship club.

1 minute ago, VictoryBell said:

That all sounds very sexual, I hope you don't mind me saying.

Are any other readers wanting to share their thoughts regarding expressing their affection for any of our players in a physical way?

If so...for God's sake, don't post about it on here. It is absolutely revolting and we don't want to know.

Nuhiu...shaved

5 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Nah - he is finished here..even if he apologises, we'll never know if his heart is really in it

Once a statement of intent has been made to this level, its game over.

As has been mentioned, he is better suited to Derby or Newcastle anyway where money is a more important aspect than it is here.

If we get £12M- £15M I'd be pretty happy - that's 2/3 new players who can strengthen our squad.

IMO the team needs a little bit more balance and this investment could give us what we need

I think Derby want him, but can't afford him - so have created this situation to get him cheap! 

2 hours ago, Grimbarian said:

Only an idiot would say they don't want to see him playing for us again, but the situation obviously needs resolving, either sign a new contract and declare you're staying (and make a public apology), or move on.

Why the hell does he need a new contract? It isn't FM where getting players to sign new contracts makes them happy again.

I could accept him back but he needs to do a hell of a lot of apologising. He didn't want to play first game but we forced him, so why and how could today be different? He's really got that desperate to leave?

Praise to the team for not letting it affect us, but I still think this could derail us if it isn't sorted before the window closes.

2 hours ago, Grimbarian said:

He's not allowed to be a human being who makes a stupid rash immature decision? Hope you're never a parent and one of your kids does something dumb, you've never made a dumb decision in your life? I certainly know I have.

It's not one rash, immature decision.

CC said he came to him before the Villa game, bleating about 'his head not being right' and he ignored it, told him to play.

Then he did it again.

I don't think there is any way back for him now. It's going to be so hard to forgive him for this.I wouldn't let another club have the benefit of getting him on the cheap - let him rot in the reserves. I'm so disappointed and disgusted. At the game today a handful of supporters started to sing his name but were quickly booed.

For me it is time is up at Sheffield Wednesday. Lets see how hard ball Chansiri is. does he go down the he only cost 3 million transfer + wages and let him rot, or does he say  i'll take your 12m+  and save on his wages .Either way we should look forward to exciting times. I bet FF will not be riding his bike around Sheffield without a helmet.