Do we want FF to play again?

1 minute ago, bexhill owl said:

Yes he's a grown man but if someone said to you I can double your wages if...... Are you telling me you'd feel fully focused at work?? Me being honest I wouldn't, not saying FF has handled this correctly mind you!!!!

I would be fully focused until I was paid up.

One thing is certain, the chairman, the manager and our club have acted in the best way possible ..... with dignity and a firm stance, this will show other clubs, agents and players that no one should use tapping up and other dubious tactics to unsettle contracted players.

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

The way I see it is this:

Monday morning, we need an apology. Not a statement, an actual old-fashioned letter of apology, typed up and all by FF. He needs to apologise, say that he was swayed by interest from other clubs and wasn't in the right place mentally. He's reconsidered his position and realises that he is happy here, is loving his time here, respects his teammates and wants to rectify the rift he's caused between himself and the fans by working even harder to achieve all that he can for us. 

Anything less, and he needs to be off. Rumours doing the rounds are £12 million bid from Newcastle. Tell them to up it to £14 million and we should absolutely accept that. 

8 minutes ago, coe_22 said:

image.jpeg

both of these actually, but for Christ's sake get them in the correct order...

22 minutes ago, Hirstpower said:

I loved the little man, but he's really messed up now and no way back in my opinion. Even if he appoligsed, he probably would damage the dressing room, so on that basis, we should get as much as possible for him. I've no doubt we can find some special players with say 12 million. We just signed one for £4 million in Abdi.

watford fans say he's better than FF and scram said the same. Trust in CC.

I think it is more that he has been very badly advised. You don't one minute spout off about wanting spend the rest of your career somwhere and then suddenly change your mind without someone pulling your strings.  

It reminds me of the Carbone situation.

I for one hope that he will follow suit and sign a new contract and help us get to the Prem. 

If not we move on, Hopefully 12/15 mill better off. There's plenty of other players in playing in Europe who can play the same role.  

I think he can come back if he is sensible now.  The way DC and CC seem to be handling this is only going to galvanise the team and fans.  Fernando really needs to reconsider, apologise and do his job.  If he's scored a handful of goals by Christmas and we are near the top of the league all this will be forgotten.

2 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

For me it's always been pretty simple.... You're even Wednesday or you're not

I love Fessi and from the little bit I know of him as a person and everything I know about him as a footballer, he seems a talented, hardworking, down to earth bloke.... He's achieved a great deal here and could still go on to achieve so much more... Maybe he's just been badly advised, maybe he's just feeling undervalued, maybe he's just a greedy cuunt...

Frankly I don't give give a flip... We all make mistakes and all do silly things "in the moment" but when the dust settles and if he isn't prepared to apologise he can walk as far as I'm concerned... 

Today's performance was just another example of how Carlos' team play for one another and to a defined plan... If Fernando wants to be part of that then great, if he'd rather look after himself then good luck to him, we're on our way back regardless

Wawaw 

I think the worse thing is it feels like a betrayal, I have no idea what really goes on indoors, but the vibe from the club all round at the moment feels like one big family. 

FF fell out of favor at Watford and CC took him in, placed his faith in him and he certainly delivered.

If he unhappy with his wage he could have done what the vast majority of the players in the last 6 months have done and negotiated a new contract. To outright refuse to play is just a betrayal of the team, coach, fans, everyone associated with the club.

sorry There,s nothing worse than a player who cry's off even if he has a beef with the club he let the fans down his manager down his team down and not least the owner of the club ,if he wants to leave then do it properly or sort things out like a grown up ,and either apologise and pull his weight or slap in a transfer request ,you never know he might end up sat on the bench somewhere else ,it's his call either way 

Edited by trevdi9

Could we be the first club to make a principled stand here? Honour your contract or accept the consequences of breaching your contract. A sale to another championship side would not sit comfortably with me that's for sure since it would negatively impact our own chances of promotion.

Edited by Muffin Owl

11 minutes ago, CaliforniaOwl said:

Have I?  I watch it fortnightly.

Then what the hell is that scene where Marcello rides his bike into a flooded cellar all about? (Actually, if I remember right, he rides a different bike a bit later on in the film).

Edited by VictoryBell
the usual!!

Sad, but its a massive indictment of the modern footballer, CC & DC just need to ensure that the outcome benefits the club. If he stays, then we get a player fully comitted to the cause. If he goes then the absolute maximum transfer fee is milked out of the eventual buyer and that those funds are used to further strengthen the team. For me it would need a record fee for a championship player to even think about letting him go.

Guest Hirstpower
12 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

sorry There,s nothing worse than a player who cry's off even if he has a beef with the club he let the fans down his manager down his team down and not least the owner of the club ,if he wants to leave then do it properly or sort things out like a grown up ,and either apologise and pull his weight or slap in a transfer request ,you never know he might end up sat on the bench somewhere else ,it's his call either way 

spot on mate. He's behaving like a spoilt brat.

5 minutes ago, Muffin Owl said:

Could we be the first club to make a principled stand here? Honour your contract or accept the consequences of breaching your contract.

It's happened quite a bit tbf - but usually kept quiet - the player often has a "mysterious injury" to explain their absence

I don't think we should have made it public either - not yet anyway

I know that fans are rightly outraged and want the player punished - but ultimately the club needs to do what is best for the club

If there's a way back for FF then it should have been explored - if there isn't then get him moved on and let's move on ourselves