Do we want FF to play again?

4 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

May aswell take a huge profit in him - he's obviously a bit of a mercenary- maybe Cellino was right about his attitude after all 

lol, leeds supporting mate texting me the same thing, difficult pill to swallow.  it's bad enough I have a leeds mate who's got my cellphone #.

4 minutes ago, evaD said:

Sell him sharpish so we have as much time as possible to bring in replacement(s). Just not to a promotion rival

Do you think Carlos would've been as angry as he was if that was the case? You'd assume that when FF said 'his head wasn't right' before the Villa game he would've found out why

I'm saying we need to wait until we know the true facts.

"There'll be time enough for countin'......

When the dealin's done!"

(Kenny Rogers, I think:biggrin:)

11 minutes ago, bexhill owl said:

Yes I want to see him play for us again, this should never have been played as it has but thats the negatives of social media. He was, has and will (hopefully) continue to be an awesome, game changing player. He was our best player last season and should be offered an improved deal IMHO. I would think he's been badly advised and this should no way have made it to the public domain.

He's a grown man. 

The  thing is.. He loves to be loved (and he already is) but to say, "I want to stay here for the the rest of my career" just a few weeks ago..  and then cycle on the pavements in sheffield with no thought for innocent pedestrians and refuse to get on the team coach and play for the wednesday ...  Is just ****

He needs to do an apology for at least cycling on the pavement!

Caveat: that said.. I hope it gets sorted with a public cycling banning order and of course a big fine! 

3 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Unprofessional, unprincipled and unforgivable. Hold out for top money but keep him away from the first team squad until he leaves. I assume that we won't be paying him whilst he us in breach of his contract.

Correctamundo, unless my Mickey Mouse knowledge of contract law is faulty. If he is behaving as foolishly as a lot of people think he is then he can't have taken any sensible legal advice unless he doesn't give a fark about money.

Edited by VictoryBell
mis-spelling (again!)

This needs resolving one way or another asap.

He may still have a playing career with us, this can be sorted but we shall see.

Personally if he thinks the grass is greener I don't want him here. We can't have the team spirit/togetherness built under CC destroyed, it's important for everyone to be pulling in the same direction.

FF didn't seem the type to pull stunts like this, hope he's just made a mistake following bad advice from his agent but I fear it's more than that.

He'll never play for us again.

theres a way of dealing with things like this and refusing to play is the the worst thing he could have done. We might have won had he played so he's cost the team already.

id sell him now and use the money for some pace up front which we're crying out for anyway. 

Real shame and the first real setback of the chansiri / carvalhal era but based on what I saw today we are in a good place. The second half performance especially was superb.

we'll be OK. 

2 minutes ago, Danish said:

This needs resolving one way or another asap.

He may still have a playing career with us, this can be sorted but we shall see.

Personally if he thinks the grass is greener I don't want him here. We can't have the team spirit/togetherness built under CC destroyed, it's important for everyone to be pulling in the same direction.

FF didn't seem the type to pull stunts like this, hope he's just made a mistake following bad advice from his agent but I fear it's more than that.

I agree. Let's hear the truth, but if his heart isn't with us then he's somebody we don't want or need. If it's a storm in a teacup then let's get on with the real job.