Do we want FF to play again?

Just now, scram said:

I've no idea

How many win bonuses have that lot won for the team again?

This is getting a bit farcical now tbh

no you havent  .......its down to chansiri and no one else, he says he doesnt want to sell . i dont usually believe what chairmen say but i really hope he sticks to that this time

NEVER in my living memory has an owl refused to play for the side,least not as i remeber......certainly not one on 20/30k each week,its not just a disgrace its a total insult to the fans and our club.

Get rid tomorrow and lets get in someone who wants to play his heart out FF should NEVER wear an owls shirt ever,hes a disgrace to the club and to football,and has insulted every fan of the club.Has he forgotten we rescued him from Watfords reserves? and this is how he repays our loyalty and adoration,let him rot at newcastle or derby but never wear our colours again.

Disgacefull.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Im torn on this. I really don't think he can come back from this.  He is our best player but refusing to play is disgraceful.  It's like he has had an affair.  The only way forward is major grovelling and showing us all some love but it may still not be enough!!

We can't afford to let him burn. Even Man U can't do this with their top players.

I think he's had the agent in the ear, but he still has had to physically refuse to play and help his team mates. It's not just about that fans but about his fellow professionals. we've had two huge games and he's had to be persuaded to play one and refused to play another.

In football terms we'd be daft not to hope it can't be resolved but in human terms I'm not sure it can be.

What a ****

Edited by Bluesteel

4 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

NEVER in my living memory has an owl refused to play for the side,least not as i remeber......certainly not one on 20/30k each week,its not just a disgrace its a total insult to the fans and our club.

Get rid tomorrow and lets get in someone who wants to play his heart out FF should NEVER wear an owls shirt ever,hes a disgrace to the club and to football,and has insulted every fan of the club.Has he forgotten we rescued him from Watfords reserves? and this is how he repays our loyalty and adoration,let him rot at newcastle or derby but never wear our colours again.

Disgacefull.

Carbone walked out of our game at Southampton in 99 after Wilson named him on the bench and he never played for us again I don't think.

23 minutes ago, scram said:

Of course nobody can FORCE the club to sell

But the PFA will want mediation as they always do where there is a fall out

I know you think a contract is a contract so thats the end of it - and in essence that is corrwct - but in reality it is rarely the case in football

Name me one case of a highly coveted player that has been left to rot in the reserves/train woth the kids etc for 3 seasons? Just one will do because loads of players fall out with their clubs so there should be loads, right?

Also, the rest of the players may initially be unsympathetic but they nearly always come round to side with a fellow player - even if theat player wants out - every player k nows they themselves can easily be in such a situation so has a deep rooted allegiance to a fellow player. I've had plenty of conversations to this effect with lots of players

I know a senior player (not SWFC) that was forced to train with the youth team, then forced to come in on his own when there were no other players at the training ground, then forced to train in a local park while being watched and flimed by a club lackey - all it ended up doing was garnering a lot of support and sympathy among his previous 1st team colleagues to the point they had to pay the player up fully

I said beofre that it is extremely easy to upset the delicate balance at a football club - any hangover to the 1st team player could severly harmful long term

I agree scram it's all about now what's  best for Sheffield Wednesday we don't want to end up like Di Canio when he went to West Ham for peanuts 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Carbone walked out of our game at Southampton in 99 after Wilson named him on the bench and he never played for us again I don't think.

Not to mention Di Canio engineering his departure from the club (although that was extremely badly handled by the club). Could it be the Italian in them? I mean look at Balotelli and his actions over the years.

Edited by Utah Owl

If he apologised and said he wants to stay then I will welcome him back to the team.

However I have a feeling it's a prem club after him and he's been advised by his agent to make it public he wants to leave to encourage them to make a bid. So I don't see an apology coming anytime soon 

7 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Disgacefull.

carbone walked away from the dressing room an hour before kick off .....warhurst refused to play in the cup final ( he was talked round though) ...phil king refused to play a match once .....your hero threw a match and yet was welcomed back .......

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

If he apologised and said he wants to stay then I will welcome him back to the team.

However I have a feeling it's a prem club after him and he's been advised by his agent to make it public he wants to leave to encourage them to make a bid. So I don't see an apology coming anytime soon 

If it is a Premier club take the money and run!

7 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

If you genuinely don't want him playing in the team again then you are mad. He is our best player, we are a much lesser side when he is not there. Is he in the wrong? Yes, can it be fixed? Of course it can.

Hes just a footballer,he plays in a system that suits his style,he may not be so lucky elswhere,if he was indispensable why did watford leave him out,how many games will he miss via suspension,he could get long term injured next time out,would that mean were stuffed? Course not,wel find another who genuinely wants to play and give 100% every week,no one players bigger than the club,lets get a monster payout and let him sulk somwhere else!

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

Not to mention Di Canio engineering his departure from that club (although that was extremely badly handled by the club). Could it be the Italian in them? I mean look at Balotelli and his actions over the years.

In hindsight in the Di Canio situation we should have put an arm around him and stuck up for him. Like man Utd did with cantona and Liverpool did with Suarez. 

As at least he probably would have played for us again and we could have got a fair price for him

The FF situation is different as he's decided he doesn't want to play for us (we obviously can't stick up for him for that) so either we make sure we get a fair price for him, or he can go to Italy for the rest of the season and ride a push bike

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

carbone walked away from the dressing room an hour before kick off .....warhurst refused to play in the cup final ( he was talked round though) ...phil king refused to play a match once .....your hero threw a match and yet was welcomed back .......

Swan threw nothing he played every game the same,100%......funny how Ron Springetts name was dropped though:)

24 minutes ago, scram said:

I've no idea

How many win bonuses have that lot won for the team again?

This is getting a bit farcical now tbh

Not sure a win bonus really matters. I get that players will think of themselves in that situation. But we've just seen at least two see that off and sign new deals, buy into it.

If you're in a tight group and someone is causing a problem that threatens you all it usually works out said person is considered badly. 

As you say it's a fine balance but surely they will see he's gone from being "all for one" to "screw you lads and your ambitions" in a month.

16 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

If you genuinely don't want him playing in the team again then you are mad. He is our best player, we are a much lesser side when he is not there. Is he in the wrong? Yes, can it be fixed? Of course it can.

Whos to say we can't invest the money on someone better?

Southampton worked out the reality of modern football and have options lined up to replace players (most of them better than FF (who's never played in the premier league)

Take the emotions out of it.

6 minutes ago, scram said:

Plenty of people on here have been advocating just that!

Right, fair enough, obviously not going to happen.

Do you think Chansiri could realistically stick to his guns, not sell him in this window and see what attitude the player has in the next few months. Would his value plummet by the January transfer window if his attitude didn't improve and he was frozen out of action for a while?