Do we want FF to play again?

7 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Di Canio went AWOL, Jonk sat on a treatment bed, De Bilde did summat I'm sure of it. There are probably others

Your username is named after a bloke that took a bribe for us to lose

To be fair it is difficult to remember De Bilde doing anything at all!

The more I think about it even if it does get resolved I don't think it'll be the same now .it'll almost feel strange singing his name knowing how much he wanted to jump ship a few weeks after saying how much he loves swfc. Cash in the chips I say and spend it all on a couple of replacements.

1 hour ago, camffiti said:

Our best player since Di Canio and it's the Di Canio saga all over again 

I'd hope our fans would learn from that 

1 hour ago, S_W_F_C said:

I'm afraid FF has no class and I want him out of our club as soon as possible.

Id absolutely love us to completely destroy his career but that would only harm the club.

The vile nature of modern football/business, you don't win anything with morality

Look at how Ferguson dealt with Cantona

Look at how Wilson and then Harry Redknapp dealt with Di Canio

11 minutes ago, coreyswfc said:

The more I think about it even if it does get resolved I don't think it'll be the same now .it'll almost feel strange singing his name knowing how much he wanted to jump ship a few weeks after saying how much he loves swfc. Cash in the chips I say and spend it all on a couple of replacements.

Hang on - no ones said he wants to go. 

Lets not be too hasty 

I'd love FF to stay because he is a match winner, but unfortunately once a player has had their head it's quite difficult to turn them around.

I would be inclined to sell (but not to a promotion rival) and if we can get 3 to 4 times more than we paid for him, with some added sell on clauses then it would be a good piece of business for the club.

As long as we get £12-£15m I'll be ok with it. I felt sick at the thought of losing him 24 hours ago, now after it emerging he refused to travel/play that feeling is gone, I'm not that bothered if he goes now tbh as long as we get top money for him.

NO player is bigger than the club, end of really. 

People shouldn't draw comparisons with the Di Canio saga, he was treated extremely badly by the club, from Chairman to Manager for an incident that was blown completely out of all proportion, Forestieri hasn't been, he's the one who has treated the club, the Chairman, the Manager and  the fans that adored him extremely badly, he doesn't deserve to move to whoever it is that's turned his head, purely for how he has conducted himself in recent weeks, as much as it pains me to say it, he should be frozen out until the next transfer window if selling him is what the club decide to do .

Edited by Owl999

26 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

People shouldn't draw comparisons with the Di Canio saga, he was treated extremely badly by the club, from Chairman to Manager for an incident that was blown completely out of all proportion, Forestieri hasn't been, he's the one who has treated the club, the Chairman, the Manager and  the fans that adored him extremely badly, he doesn't deserve to move to whoever it is that's turned his head, purely for how he has conducted himself in recent weeks, as much as it pains me to say it, he should be frozen out until the next transfer window if selling him is what the club decide to do .

Not exactly the same as the Di Canio situation, but there are still, lessons / vile realities to be learned from it

57 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

We should sort it out and get him back into the squad asap. We can't just write off a talented 15 goal player. 

I'd like to tell his agent to roger off though.  

Why do you just assume that we can "sort it out". 

The guy effectively went on strike yesterday (sounds like he was trying to go on strike last week too) and let down his coach, teammates, fans etc. 

Are you seriously advocating that the club pander to someone who has behaved like that?

I don't think there's any coming back for FF now. No way can we just pay him what he wants. There'd end up being large sections of our crowd who'd give him a hard time even if he signed a new deal.

However, we need to make sure we get a bloody good fee for him

There's a line in the sand for me. 

If he wants to move - then hand in a transfer request. 

Once you start going on strike, refusing to play, then I'm sorry, but you've crossed that line. 

Talent counts for a lot, but so does professionalism and respect. 

This is going only one way. Anyone who thinks he'll be playing for us again is deluded.

It's detrimental to keep uncommitted players, as our Premier League history proved.

Once Fletcher and Abde click into gear, he'll be a distent memory. Until he dives and wins a penalty against us..

I'm just going to trust the Club to make the right decision.

If its sell, then sell. If its make up, then make up. We're all too emotionally linked to SWFC to make the right call, hopefully it will be dispassionately and quickly.

Considering what went on, Team spirit looked excellent yesterday - that's a huge plus for us.