Do we want FF to play again?

1 hour ago, scram said:

No

I don't think it would be the wrong route to take to keep things out of the public domain - fans know a fraction of what goes on inside football clubs - for a reason

Putting this out there so publically might not only lose us one of the very top star matchwinners in this division - but even worse might deliver him to a direct rival

As i said - the club have to do whats best for the club - and if thats to find a way back for FF then thats what should happen. If theres no way back then move him on for the best we can get

I know the Owlstalk Shift is in full on reinvention mode right now with some fans - but without a doubt in my mind if FF played earlier we comfortably beat one of the favourites for promotion on their own patch

Do we wanna make a point - or do we want promotion

Usually the first course of action in a bad situation is to stop the situation from getting worse - and despite what anybody may say otherwise - we don't hold all the cards in this deal

we do hold all the cards though dont we ...... would you care to elaborate why you think we dont

No.

F00k him and f00k his bottom feeder agent.

Had to be begged by Loovens and Carlos to play against Villa!?!?! WTF!?Then lets his employer, boss, teammates and fans down BY REFUSING TO PLAY AGAINST A PROMOTION RIVAL.

Never again. Stick him in the reserves for the next 3 years. 

Guest 1banana2banana

I never want to see him play for us again. And if I do, I'll boo him. Get rid asap, offer him to half of la liga for 10 mil. 

If his head has been turned by his agent and as Carlos says that we won't sell him and he still refuses to play, rather than letting him rot in the reserves where he could still cause disharmony in the club, my recommendation would be to send him home on gardening leave. Ban him from the club, training ground and just let him rot for the remainder of his contract. To keep fit he'd have to employ his own personal trainer. Admittedly we would lose out but something like this has to be done to stop player's like him from being so disrespectful  to the club and fans. He has basically said to the players "sorry but I don't think you're good enough and I've a better chance of promotion with another club "

To play again for us he has to apologise to the manager, players, DC and the fans but I think it may be too late now and we may have seen the last of FF in a Wednesday shirt. 

55 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we do hold all the cards though dont we ...... would you care to elaborate why you think we dont

I've said before but you seem to think he's like a road sweeper or something - "he's signed a contract so must honour it all costs"

Football players who are coveted have things stacked in their favour - even when the minutiae of legalities arent on their side

He's a multi-million pound asset - he is taking up a not insignificant chunk of our FFP compliance with his wages - there is no point cutting off our nose to spite our face. The PFA will be on his side to mediate and fund any legal battles

Players who have value and are wanted by other clubs invariably get their wishes - player power rules although i know you don't get that

If you think it really is as simple as "he has signed a contract so we can do what we want" then you are in for a shock - and pray we don't start to mix it with the REAL big boys

I still don't know the back story to all this - would you or anybody else like to enlighten us with the FACTS?

2 hours ago, VictoryBell said:

Your problem is you don't get enough sunshine (surprising if you're in Ca). Now I suggest a vitamin D tablet every day. And you might want to try a teaspoonful of cod liver oil every morning. It tastes like a gobfull of iron filings but it will keep the rickets away!:laugh:

At any rate, that's what we were told in the nineteen-sixties!

Im in SF, sir.  We get no sun, just unrelentingly beautiful grey skies.  It's the Sheffield of the States.

2 minutes ago, scram said:

I've said before but you seem to think he's like a road sweeper or something - "he's signed a contract so must honour it all costs"

Football players who are coveted have things stacked in their favour - even when the minutiae of legalities arent on their side

He's a multi-million pound asset - he is taking up a not insignificant chunk of our FFP compliance with his wages - there is no point cutting off our nose to spite our face. The PFA will be on his side to mediate and fund any legal battles

Players who have value and are wanted by other clubs invariably get their wishes - player power rules although i know you don't get that

If you think it really is as simple as "he has signed a contract so we can do what we want" then you are in for a shock - and pray we don't start to mix it with the REAL big boys

I still don't know the back story to all this - would you or anybody else like to enlighten us with the FACTS?

Correct.

Get the best price we can for him. Quickly. Move on to use the funds wisely before the end of the window.

He is finished. Got to realise that.

Sorry but it's a no from me. We will never know for sure but what he did today may ultimately cost us promotion. A fully fit, up for it FF and today we may have taken all three points instead of just the one and at the end of the season that could make all the difference.

Also what impact would it have on the rest of the team.

He has shown his true colours and for the good of the team he has to go. It could even work in our favour if a team that is interested has a player that we want.

1 minute ago, scram said:

so are you saying if chansiri refuses to sell him the PFA  will intervene and make him sell  .......road sweeper ,brain surgeon , footballer  a contract is a contract and the club havnt broken it as far as i can see .......now you are in the know on football matters do tell me how can they make chansiri sell if he doesnt want to . ...go on  tell if chansiri stands firm what can forestieri do ......

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

so are you saying if chansiri refuses to sell him the PFA  will intervene and make him sell  .......road sweeper ,brain surgeon , footballer  a contract is a contract and the club havnt broken it as far as i can see .......now you are in the know on football matters do tell me how can they make chansiri sell if he doesnt want to . ...go on  tell if chansiri stands firm what can forestieri do ......

Of course nobody can FORCE the club to sell

But the PFA will want mediation as they always do where there is a fall out

I know you think a contract is a contract so thats the end of it - and in essence that is corrwct - but in reality it is rarely the case in football

Name me one case of a highly coveted player that has been left to rot in the reserves/train woth the kids etc for 3 seasons? Just one will do because loads of players fall out with their clubs so there should be loads, right?

Also, the rest of the players may initially be unsympathetic but they nearly always come round to side with a fellow player - even if theat player wants out - every player k nows they themselves can easily be in such a situation so has a deep rooted allegiance to a fellow player. I've had plenty of conversations to this effect with lots of players

I know a senior player (not SWFC) that was forced to train with the youth team, then forced to come in on his own when there were no other players at the training ground, then forced to train in a local park while being watched and flimed by a club lackey - all it ended up doing was garnering a lot of support and sympathy among his previous 1st team colleagues to the point they had to pay the player up fully

I said beofre that it is extremely easy to upset the delicate balance at a football club - any hangover to the 1st team player could severly harmful long term

3 minutes ago, scram said:

I know you think a contract is a contract so thats the end of it - and in essence that is corrwct - but in reality it is rarely the case in football

Name me one case of a highly coveted player that has been left to rot in the reserves/train woth the kids etc for 3 seasons? Just one will do because loads of players fall out with their clubs so there should be loads, right?

Also, the rest of the players may initially be unsympathetic but they nearly always come round to side with a fellow player - even if theat player wants out - every player k nows they themselves can easily be in such a situation so has a deep rooted allegiance to a fellow player. I've had plenty of conversations to this effect with lots of players

I know a senior player (not SWFC) that was forced to train with the youth team, then forced to come in on his own when there were no other players at the training ground, then forced to train in a local park while being watched and flimed by a club lackey - all it ended up doing was garnering a lot of support and sympathy among his previous 1st team colleagues to the point they had to pay the player up fully

I said beofre that it is extremely easy to upset the delicate balance at a football club - any hangover to the 1st team player could severly harmful long term

they dont seem to be upset that lachman ,bus ,dielna and mcgugan are frozen out ....why would they be different to forestieri.

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

they dont seem to be upset that lachman ,bus ,dielna and mcgugan are frozen out ....why would they be different to forestieri.

I've no idea

How many win bonuses have that lot won for the team again?

This is getting a bit farcical now tbh

13 minutes ago, scram said:

No one expects him to be in the reserves or with the kids for 3 seasons but WBA took a stance with Berahino and although he may still want out he at least turns up and plays and puts a shift in now - no way Pulis would play him if this wasn't the case.

Having said that if the offers are now up to £12M that must be close to a fee worth considering with the chance to reinvest the money before the window shuts.