Squad Numbers

So this is the latest topic for Wednesday fans to go over the top about.  For goodness sake they're numbers on the back of football shirts.  Who the hell cares and more importantly what does it matter that we have a goalkeeper wearing the number 2 on his back.  Someone show me where in the rules it says they have to wear any particular number for a particular position.  I'll save you the bother, it doesn't.  Get over it. Move on

17 minutes ago, OurDan said:

I can remember a thread in which someone was calling Chansiri very power hungry an had to do everything himself. He got negged well bad...think this is coming true.

That's another 10,000 fans boycotting the club   lol

I'm not sure why anyone is shocked anyway. It's well known that Chansiri likes dressing up as a magician and performing magic tricks in the dressing room at half time. After the Benfica game he got all the players to "pick a card any card" and they drew out their new numbers.

He then pulled Att out of his top hat and said "TA DA"

http://www.thaizer.com/culture-shock/lucky-number-9/

I’m not superstitious (touch wood), but plenty of Thai people are and spending time here it soon becomes apparent just how many superstitions and beliefs there are in Thailand.

Odd numbers are often considered to be luckier than even numbers with the number 3 being very lucky. However, it is the number 9 which is supposed to bring most good fortune in Thailand. Not only is it 3 x 3, but the Thai word for nine, gao, has special status because it sounds similar to two other important Thai words:Kow-nah can be translated as progress or moving forward whilst the staple food of Thailand, rice, is called khao. The importance given to the number 9 can be seen in a number of diverse ways and the belief cuts across Thai society from the highest to lowest.

Last year, 9999 commemorative golden-coloured iPods were produced to mark the Thai king’s 60th anniversary. At Buddhist ceremonies such as weddings, 9 monks are often invited. When new buildings, hotels or shops are opened, 9 monks may also be invited to bless proceedings and ensure prosperity and good luck. A few years ago the Thai transport minister spent $95,000 on what was seen to be a particularly auspicious license plate with the number 9999. 
Lucky Thai car number plate
Keeping in with this Thai lucky number theme, I won’t be promoting top 10 places to stay in Thailand or top 5 things to see in Bangkok. Instead, it will be 9 recommended hotels and 9 sights to see.

Right, that’s quite enough talk about lucky numbers, I’m off to buy a lottery ticket . . .

6 minutes ago, waynecoyne14 said:

I have a skybox/openbox which with the 'gift' gives you sd sports channels -this works fine apart from freezing every now and then

i bought an android box also but find it very frustrating (but i don't know what i'm doing)

so depends on your technical competence and whether someone is helping you set it up

Cheers got brother in law with some tech knowledge 

The squad numbers don't matter one iota, but it's some odd changes for changes' sake

Makes you wonder why

A lot of people have come on here the last few weeks and criticised Chansiri for being too intrusive and dictative, which has largely resulted in mass negging and derision. I'm not privy to having any knowledge within the club to know otherwise, and I'm always sceptical of those that claim to do so on here... but this could easily be interpreted as a symptom that perhaps those viewpoints weren't entirely mistaken. 

Edited by StudentOwl