Squad Numbers

28 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Do the players even care about numbers?

Some do.

Mainly big time Charlie strikers wanting to be number 9. 

Some might have a favourite number for personal reasons. Bywater 43 for Les Sealy? 

Edited by SBOwl

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, james o connor said:

The only people that care about numbers are the odd saddo on here. Im sure no players cares whether he wears 2 10 or 50 

Rubbish. Quite a few players are superstitious. Some insist on the same number throughout their career.

18 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Is it?

The guy insisted Bannan was 41 last season, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that he was trying to have his say in what numbers he wanted some players to have

Im pretty sure i remember reading a interview with Bannan where he stated that Chansiri ASKED (not insisted) him to wear 41, as it was a lucky number. Bannan being an all round nice chap that he is (and presumably wanting to make the guy who signs the cheques happy) went along with it.

Edited by Loppy

9 minutes ago, Loppy said:

Im pretty sure i remember reading a interview with Bannan where he stated that Chansiri ASKED (not insisted) him to wear 41, as it was a lucky number. Bannan being an all round nice chap that he is (and presumably wanting to make the guy who signs the cheques happy) went along with it.

He would hardly say "The chairman insisted I wear the number, I didn't want to make aggro on my first day on the job so went along with it" in a public interview is he? lol

It's all supposition, but certainly some of the noises coming out of the club suggest that Chansiri likes to control a lot of what's going on, so it doesn't seem unreasonable that he wants to dictate something such as player's numbers, which no doubt to most is more a trivial matter than anything of importance.

Of course, it isn't necessarily a bad thing he likes dictating the way the place is run... he does own the joint. 

3 hours ago, Dubaiowl said:

5 Players at least were very very upset after being told they were having different numbers chosen by Chansiri. Lucky and favourite Numbers!! They were refusing to change as in contracts!!

I was in one of the conversations regarding not liking Stripes, hence little white! Contemplating Hoops for Anniversary, but only a slight chance, being discussed already for change of manufacturer!

Only post every now and again so don't get in a problem, if people don't want to know info from me that's fine I will stop posting interesting internal info!! Quite a few people are really upset at the internal situation and changes/management (Not inc Carlos) thought people would like to know that its not all hunky dory as people think!!

My mistake, I will go again.

I've tried telling people this based on conversations I regularly have with people that work for the club, but Owlstalk posters don't like this.

6 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I've tried telling people this based on conversations I regularly have with people that work for the club, but Owlstalk posters don't like this.

We all know that people who work at the club are not reliable sources