The beautiful lights of Hillsborough

This has been my 10 year old sons first full season watching Wednesday, seeing the pure joy on his face last night brought a tear to my eye, and I would like to thank each and everyone of you who was at Hillsborough last night,it was truly something special! WAWAW

Leicester did it a few years ago and the majority of people on here were accusing them of being tinpot

Just saying like

Ohh FFS.  

Here we go!!

Out of an unprecedented night to remember, let's find something negative. And see if we can work the term 'Tinpot' into it just for good measure!!!

Why in the name of f.ookery would anyone want to leave that?...to sod off to some sanitised toilet bowl shaped ground nr thye M1...Why?

Thats Hillsborough...in all its glory....THe crowd bouncing..sheer racous bloody cacophony...

Thats not only about the club that...Its about the fans, the history..its about the whole ethos of the place...tainted as some may think it is....Its home to me, and I hope it always remains so

This.x 100

Absolutely awesome.

Not pre-arranged. I just noticed at first one or two phone lights on South and Kop

and then in seconds the stadium was awash with lights.

What a sight !!   I'm 71 years old and have been going to Hillsborough since I was

a kid and cannot remember a better occassion. There have been bigger crowds, there have

been better performances (but not that many) but I cannot remember an occassion when everything

came together so brilliantly.  -  the importance of the game, the performance of the team, the result

and the best atmosphere I can remember!

No doubt that after last night the "light show" will become a feature at many grounds for a while, but

rest assured the display last night at Hillslborough will NEVER EVER, be matched.(not even by us!)

The spontaneity of it made it so special.

So proud to have been there last night. A night that I'm sure no Owls fan who was there will ever forget.

excellent post - the sight of the kop from the South stand brought a lump to my thought - it was genuinely amazing to see.

When you see clubs handing out flags, then fan things and pieces of card to hold up, our fans simply took it to another level without no prompting.

My parents were wondering what they were. Camera lights, or candles or something?

Miners lamps , afternoon shift just turning up , and then the peasants walked home for some black pudding and a pint of mild *  

* for Brighton fans perspective.

Our ground was flippin sexy tonight, A proper MILF of a football ground..........anybody who wants to leave that must be mad. All she needs is her varicose veins sorting, a new pair of plumptious breasts and a bit of filler in her crevices and shes good to go for another 100 years.........PHWOOAARRR

And a new dress to cover the West end lol

Why in the name of f.ookery would anyone want to leave that?...to sod off to some sanitised toilet bowl shaped ground nr thye M1...Why?

Thats Hillsborough...in all its glory....THe crowd bouncing..sheer racous bloody cacophony...

Thats not only about the club that...Its about the fans, the history..its about the whole ethos of the place...tainted as some may think it is....Its home to me, and I hope it always remains so

Absolutely 100% !! 

Last night was what being a Wednesdayite was all about.

Regardless of what happens now, that noise, those lights, that feeling, hairs standing on the back of your neck, Hillsborough in all its glory....will stay with me for a lifetime.

My sixteen year Old daughter was in tears at that site. Coming out she said its amazing toBe part of that family. Just smiled and thought about my dad and grandad who are long gone but such a big part of why we are all wednesday

Bloody hell Al.....genuine crying at that.........still emotional from last night I guess.

Bloody love that our family made us wednesdayites

Bloody love this club

So very proud today

Edited by wakefieldowl

My wife (a spurs fan) is usually very quick to remind me that Wednesday aren't a big club any more and that the ground is old and terrible and that we don't deserve a place in the prem.

I showed her the pictures and my video of this this morning and her jaw almost dropped. She was stunned by it to the point that she even wound up getting me to show her parents. She now thinks the ground looks loads better and was impressed by that show.

For me, it was a night I will never forget and sits up there with moments like antonio's goal against Carlisle, the beam backs and even The play off final in Cardiff in terms of proudness to be an owl.

My wife (a spurs fan) is usually very quick to remind me that Wednesday aren't a big club any more and that the ground is old and terrible and that we don't deserve a place in the prem.

I showed her the pictures and my video of this this morning and her jaw almost dropped. She was stunned by it to the point that she even wound up getting me to show her parents. She now thinks the ground looks loads better and was impressed by that show.

For me, it was a night I will never forget and sits up there with moments like antonio's goal against Carlisle, the beam backs and even The play off final in Cardiff in terms of proudness to be an owl.

I've seen many Spurs fans making comments on how they wish we'd be in the Prem again, that our fans are incredible and that Hillsborough is a fantastic ground. lol

Ps, what's happened to the old "l o l" Sid face?

Edited by ohgoditsjames