The beautiful lights of Hillsborough

Why in the name of f.ookery would anyone want to leave that?...to sod off to some sanitised toilet bowl shaped ground nr thye M1...Why?

Thats Hillsborough...in all its glory....THe crowd bouncing..sheer racous bloody cacophony...

Thats not only about the club that...Its about the fans, the history..its about the whole ethos of the place...tainted as some may think it is....Its home to me, and I hope it always remains so

You're not wrong mate.

I'm knocking 56 but never seen anything like that in my time watching Wednesday. I'm getting emotional now at half 2 in the morning looking at these pictures (I've had a few sneck lifters but still...)

Awesome evening at S6

Why in the name of f.ookery would anyone want to leave that?...to sod off to some sanitised toilet bowl shaped ground nr thye M1...Why?

Thats Hillsborough...in all its glory....THe crowd bouncing..sheer racous bloody cacophony...

Thats not only about the club that...Its about the fans, the history..its about the whole ethos of the place...tainted as some may think it is....Its home to me, and I hope it always remains so

Andy, wish I could plus you a million times over for that! Has brought a tear to my eye.

Hillsborough is our home and always should be. We have the space and with some imaginative planning can have everything we need there.

No need to move at all, ever!

I have never been so proud to have been born a wednesdayite that was an amazing experience i have never experience something as magical as tonight the atmosphere was worth the entry fee alone, what ever happens from now we really are on our way back 

Edited by s6 owl

I don't know how it happend or why. It was just on of those beautiful moments in life that you'll never forget.

I'd almost fallen out of love with football.

Moments like that remind you why you love the game. Why it worth putting up with all that 16 years of garbage.

My sixteen year Old daughter was in tears at that site. Coming out she said its amazing toBe part of that family. Just smiled and thought about my dad and grandad who are long gone but such a big part of why we are all wednesday

My lad is 21 and I have dragged him to Hillsborough virtually kicking and screaming at times when he was younger.

To see his face last night will live with me forever.

Brilliant post Plonk about a flipping brilliant night...!

My sixteen year Old daughter was in tears at that site. Coming out she said its amazing toBe part of that family. Just smiled and thought about my dad and grandad who are long gone but such a big part of why we are all wednesday

this is quality

Leicester did it a few years ago and the majority of people on here were accusing them of being tinpot

Just saying like

Leicester's was planned. Taking the mickey out of a recent power failure IIRC?

Last night at Hillsborough it was spontaneous and looked incredible. Besides, not everyone thought it was tinpot. Remember, some of our fans thing balloons, scarves and inflatables are tinpot.

Absolutely awesome.

Not pre-arranged. I just noticed at first one or two phone lights on South and Kop

and then in seconds the stadium was awash with lights.

What a sight !!   I'm 71 years old and have been going to Hillsborough since I was

a kid and cannot remember a better occassion. There have been bigger crowds, there have

been better performances (but not that many) but I cannot remember an occassion when everything

came together so brilliantly.  -  the importance of the game, the performance of the team, the result

and the best atmosphere I can remember!

No doubt that after last night the "light show" will become a feature at many grounds for a while, but

rest assured the display last night at Hillslborough will NEVER EVER, be matched.(not even by us!)

The spontaneity of it made it so special.

So proud to have been there last night. A night that I'm sure no Owls fan who was there will ever forget.