The beautiful lights of Hillsborough

My wife (a spurs fan) is usually very quick to remind me that Wednesday aren't a big club any more and that the ground is old and terrible and that we don't deserve a place in the prem.

I showed her the pictures and my video of this this morning and her jaw almost dropped. She was stunned by it to the point that she even wound up getting me to show her parents. She now thinks the ground looks loads better and was impressed by that show.

For me, it was a night I will never forget and sits up there with moments like antonio's goal against Carlisle, the beam backs and even The play off final in Cardiff in terms of proudness to be an owl.

Did you slip it in while said jaw was dropped?

Our ground was flippin sexy tonight, A proper MILF of a football ground..........anybody who wants to leave that must be mad. All she needs is her varicose veins sorting, a new pair of plumptious breasts and a bit of filler in her crevices and shes good to go for another 100 years.........PHWOOAARRR

Quality

I started taking some pics when the lights were on but stopped because i wanted to experience it but not by looking through my fone 

It was breathtakingly good 

Same here.

I didn't take any images or videos last night for that very reason.

I felt a bit like Sean Penn's character in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty when he is looking for the snow leopard.

Walter Mitty: When are you going to take the photo?

Sean O'Connell: Sometimes I don't. If I like a moment, for me, personally, I don't like to have the distraction of the camera. I just want to stay in it.

Walter Mitty: Stay in it?

Sean O'Connell: Yeah. Right there. Right here.

It was surreal. Truly surreal. 

Not organised at all, and it just...happened...randomly.

One person turns their light on, probably to get a picture. And steadily 30k follows.

I didn't. I was too overwhelmed by it all. I was looking at the North then my brother told me to 'look at the South' and they were all lit up, then I looked behind my on The Kop.

Got me very emotional.

Guest OwlsAboutThat

Absolutely fantastic atmosphere last night, and while it did look good, I've always thought the 'lights on phones' is a bit, well, tinpot.

To me it's more 'crappy pop concert at Sheffield Arena' than 'blood and guts football match'...

I mean, just remember Leicester when we played them at their place the day they sealed promotion...

Absolutely fantastic atmosphere last night, and while it did look good, I've always thought the 'lights on phones' is a bit, well, tinpot.

To me it's more 'crappy pop concert at Sheffield Arena' than 'blood and guts football match'...

I mean, just remember Leicester when we played them at their place the day they sealed promotion...

Tinpot would be just a few phones on.

That wasn't tinpot.

In a half empty stadium every week it could be considered tinpot, but on this night, this occasion, with a packed out Hillsborough I thought it was bloody beautiful.

Plus, it wasn't some organised 'on this minute we'll do this'.

It was completely off the cuff, completely natural and complete spontaneous beauty!