Swansea in for Carlos

i would be concerned if DC allowed this to happen, it would not do much for team morale or send the wrong message fans.

This is the time for DC to show we are a club with ambition. of course he is replaceable (when the time comes!)

but we need to send a positive message out to the football world

"we're  Sheffield Wednesday we're on our way back"

i would be concerned if DC allowed this to happen, it would not do much for team morale or send the wrong message fans.

This is the time for DC to show we are a club with ambition. of course he is replaceable (when the time comes!)

but we need to send a positive message out to the football world

"we're Sheffield Wednesday we're on our way back"

I'm far more interested in the ambition we have for the playing squad...

If someone offered me Bannan signing a 3 year deal, or CarvalhalI know which one I'd take

I can see Carvalhal going there to be honest, but don't think it's a great choice for Swansea

We would appeal to a lot of coaches in our current situation

I don't think Carvalhal will go to Swansea (because i don't think they'll offer him the job), but if he did go it wouldn't be that big of a deal really.

No doubt he's done a good job so far and i think he will get us promoted one day. But i think we'll get promoted in the next few years anyway, regardless of whether CC is our manager or not.

The short termism when we announce the line up and the next phrase is 

"And today's head coach is Carlos Carvahal" 

Once they're in the building though, they enjoy it here. That is the feeling I'm getting as we've extended the stays of Lees, Lee, Westwood etc...and soon to be Bannan, Pudil

My main concern if CC was to go would be the potential loss of momentum and the prospect of then having a season that looks very promising ending up fizzling out and having to rebuild again in the summer?

I don't believe CC would be a good fit for Swansea. Hopefully he'll have bought into DC's ambitions and can see what himself and DC are building here and see it as a better prospect than jumping ship to some PL side that is battling to stay up. Yes, Swansea have gained a reputation of playing good football since they've become established in the top flight but they look very much likely to go down this season, whilst we got a fair chance of going up this season or next.

By the sounds of it Roberto Di Matteo would be a good fit for them and looks the clear favourite at the moment but Jose Mourinho's former assistant Jose Morais is still being mentioned for the Swansea job and I could see them going for Ryan Giggs if LVG leaves Man United to be replaced with Jose Mourinho. Still see it highly unlikely that CC will go there and like I said, hopefully he'll see Wednesday as the better prospect to realise his dreams and ambitions? And no I ain't deluded, if a team, with all due respect to Swansea with a better chance of staying up in the top flight or a big mid-table top flight PL side came in for CC, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the future but it seems to soon at present.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Roberto-Di-Matteo-new-favourite-new-manager/story-28412809-detail/story.html?

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Not sure why but I could see us nose-diving if we went back to chopping and changing managers frequently.

DC and CC are building something here, I wouldn't underestimate the strength that momentum and togetherness can shape and build.

Although I don't see CC taking the Swansea job or them going for him, whilst they got the likes of Roberto Di Matteo; Jose Morais, Marcelo Bielsa, Unai Emery and the current Chile head coach on their radar,

I don't think it would be in the best interests of Swansea, CC himself, DC or Sheffield Wednesday for him to jump ship at a time when we're on the crest of building something special on and off the pitch here.

In a year or two, if we ain't where DC wants to be then I could see changes but at present we've got momentum and are close to breaking into the top six and forcing our way into the next level.

It may be biased but I see a brighter foreseeable future at SWFC than at SCFC.