Swansea in for Carlos

He is clearly pimping himself via his agent and sadly, his record suggests he will be gone in a flash should he be offered any job in the prem. I find this sad considering he is building something here. I hope the unsettling nature of this doesnt affect our prep for Brum but i think it will

Yep.

They mentioned that his agent was the one that told the Portuguese press that Swansea have approached him and asked if it was true and his answer was 'I don't know'

Clearly leaving himself open for that job, refused to say he was committed to us. Zero loyalty. 

If he's offered that job he will be gone. Very dissapointed in Carlos.

My take on it at the moment is that you may have decided to be disappointed in Carlos when he has done nothing to warrant it.

He clearly stated to local journalists that it was simply a rumour and didn't want to be distracted by it.

Now his agent smells a big commission and is stirring the pot. Looked to me to be shocked that his agent had any involvement as he hadn't been told anything. Why should he make a statement either way when it may be he doesn't currently have a contract with SWFC. Perhaps a long term contract is what he wants?

Possibly.

It would be a daft move from him though.

If he does go, I wouldn't be that gutted. There are plenty who could replace him and we will leapfrog swansea pretty soon anyway.

It wouldn't though, thats the problem.

It gets him to he Prem and its low risk - keep them up he takes the plaudits and if they drop, blame his predecessors.

And to say we are going to leapfrog Swansea - not so fast. They are in the Prem and there is no guarentee we are going to get out of this league. We may have more potential but that's not to see it will be realised soon.

Really think he will be gone if Swansea up the ante - can see Ostrich man or ironically Monk in charge come January.

Edited by Owlsofrustration

He is clearly pimping himself via his agent and sadly, his record suggests he will be gone in a flash should he be offered any job in the prem. I find this sad considering he is building something here. I hope the unsettling nature of this doesnt affect our prep for Brum but i think it will

But I thought the consensus on here was that Carlos didn't leave jobs he was always sacked  lol

Honestly, people on here judging him because of a snippet on SSN. 

Ron assured us he wasn't leaving, and then he did.

Perhaps you should just wait and see before deciding if he's disloyal.

As any sensible person would, if he's offered higher wages, I'm sure he'll consider what's best for him, his career and his family. Anyone who thinks this is inappropriate has either never had a job or is so rich they don't need to worry about it.

If he is looking at the job then you can't really blame him.

Some fans were questioning if he was the right man for the job here after the defeat to MK, one result later and there's no mention of it.

Swansea will be looking for a cheap interim option until the end of the season, so pretty much anyone who takes the job is getting a free hit at keeping them in the PL and the chance of making themselves a hero.

If he does move on we'll have plenty of good applicants for the role, it's poor timing but we are a much more attractive proposition than we have been for a number of years so I wouldn't expect it to derail us.

Honestly, people on here judging him because of a snippet on SSN. 

Ron assured us he wasn't leaving, and then he did.

Perhaps you should just wait and see before deciding if he's disloyal.

As any sensible person would, if he's offered higher wages, I'm sure he'll consider what's best for him, his career and his family. Anyone who thinks this is inappropriate has either never had a job or is so rich they don't need to worry about it.

Exactly this ^^^^^^^^

But I thought the consensus on here was that Carlos didn't leave jobs he was always sacked  lol

That may be. However on this occasion I think its quite evident he is very interested in what Swansea can offer. I also think that this uncertainty will destabilise our Christmas fixtures in terms of performance. I also wonder if Bannan is not signing his new 4 year deal just yet in case he has the chance to join cc in the prem on a similar long term deal. He was due to complete around 2 weeks ago and this has gone quiet.

Ok so we are 7th in the league but we are playing some fantastic football. We have bought well (he will get the credit for that) and is getting the best out of players. We are getting better and better. That's what clubs want of course he will be being looked at.

Get used to speculation about our manager and players. It's going to get worse as this develops

That may be. However on this occasion I think its quite evident he is very interested in what Swansea can offer. I also think that this uncertainty will destabilise our Christmas fixtures in terms of performance. I also wonder if Bannan is not signing his new 4 year deal just yet in case he has the chance to join cc in the prem on a similar long term deal. He was due to complete around 2 weeks ago and this has gone quiet.

I know and man did not land on the moon and the the twin towers were blown up by the FBI.

Wow now Carlos not only is planning to go to Swansea but he has talked to Bannan about it and they plan to go together. Devious or what  WTF:

Edited by Triple O

At the end of the day if he wants to go he will.

We can worry or not about a replacement then.

There is no smoke without fire. He's stated he spoke to his agent about a "situation this morning but not this one" (direct quote) (sky sports app)

I'd take monk in a heartbeat along with Pearson (who won't want or take the job, as he's stated that in the past.)

Swfc and its fans will be here long after Carlos has gone and lets be honest this is only the first step in this evolution of the club under DC.

I know and man did not land on the moon and the the twin towers were blown up by the FBI.

Wow now Carlos not only is planning to go to Swansea but he has talked to Bannan about it and they plan to go together. Devious or what  WTF:

It's the latter sentence that is not beyond the realms of possibility. Cc gets the heads up that there may be prem interest. Cc informs bannan he may have prem interest and as our best player would be looking to take him to the prem. Bb, who was due to sign a 4 yr dear 2 weeks ago decides he can stall a bit. I would have thought this scenario has played out many times before in the machinations of money mad football. I will however leave the FBI conspiracies to others