Swansea in for Carlos

Bottom line is that if a manager is being looked at for a better job (and yes, at the moment, the Swansea job is indeed the better one), then he's likely to be interested.  

Why shouldn't he be?  That's presumably how most people on here manage their own careers.  Which isn't to say definitely go for it when the option turns up; but think hard before closing it down.  Chances don't necessarily recur.  "There is a tide in the affairs of men..." and all that.

He seems to me to have played it reasonably straight today.  Hunch remains that Swansea won't go with him, because there might be a bit noise their end were he higher up the short list.

It's the latter sentence that is not beyond the realms of possibility. Cc gets the heads up that there may be prem interest. Cc informs bannan he may have prem interest and as our best player would be looking to take him to the prem. Bb, who was due to sign a 4 yr dear 2 weeks ago decides he can stall a bit. I would have thought this scenario has played out many times before in the machinations of money mad football. I will however leave the FBI conspiracies to others

Come on Braddo. Read through your post it goes too far. Yes of course Carlos could end up going but does have more integrity than your scenario.

Honestly, people on here judging him because of a snippet on SSN. 

Ron assured us he wasn't leaving, and then he did.

Perhaps you should just wait and see before deciding if he's disloyal.

As any sensible person would, if he's offered higher wages, I'm sure he'll consider what's best for him, his career and his family. Anyone who thinks this is inappropriate has either never had a job or is so rich they don't need to worry about it.

Disagree.

a) I'd hope he'd realize that higher wages (potentially only in the short term) are not necessarily what's best for him, his career, and his family.

b) As for "anyone who thinks this is inappropriate has either never had a job, or is so rich they don't need to worry about it".......  

That's just not true.  There are many, many people who could earn more, but took a different path - and virtually none of them are rich.  Public servants being a prime example.  Clearly being a football manager is not a vocation in the same way as being a nurse, or a police officer; but at the same time I'd hope he'd consider what he's a part of here, what's being built, and what he and the club could become.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

My take on it at the moment is that you may have decided to be disappointed in Carlos when he has done nothing to warrant it.

He clearly stated to local journalists that it was simply a rumour and didn't want to be distracted by it.

Now his agent smells a big commission and is stirring the pot. Looked to me to be shocked that his agent had any involvement as he hadn't been told anything. Why should he make a statement either way when it may be he doesn't currently have a contract with SWFC. Perhaps a long term contract is what he wants?

This and the commission that a proper deal at Sheffield Wednesday would bring too, for all we know he may be on a rolling contract

Come on Braddo. Read through your post it goes too far. Yes of course Carlos could end up going but does have more integrity than your scenario.

Triple, you are probably right regarding the integrity of Carlos. How about BB simply stalling to see how it plays out in the coming days? You can give me that one, surely?

Disagree.

a) I'd hope he'd realize that higher wages (potentially only in the short term) are not necessarily what's best for him, his career, and his family.

b) As for "anyone who thinks this is inappropriate has either never had a job, or is so rich they don't need to worry about it".......  

That's just not true.  There are many, many people who could earn more, but took a different path - and virtually none of them are rich.  Public servants being a prime example.  Clearly being a football manager is not a vocation in the same way as being a nurse, or a police officer; but at the same time I'd hope he'd consider what he's a part of here, what's being built, and what he and the club could become.

If you read what I put, I'm not saying he'll take it but he would consider it. If you're a copper and a security firm came and offered you three times your salary you'd at least think about it before turning it down.

As for your first point, what security do SWFC offer him over Swansea? none.

Guest Kameron

Is he really pulling up any trees, or doing owt different to say what Brian Laws would do?  Our away form is wee wee poor compared with last season.  If he goes there'd be a queue of very capable managers wanting the job. I hope he doesn't go because a change now would set us back a few months but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he f o o ked off.

Edited by Kameron

At the end of the day if he wants to go he will.

We can worry or not about a replacement then.

There is no smoke without fire. He's stated he spoke to his agent about a "situation this morning but not this one" (direct quote) (sky sports app)

I'd take monk in a heartbeat along with Pearson (who won't want or take the job, as he's stated that in the past.)

Swfc and its fans will be here long after Carlos has gone and lets be honest this is only the first step in this evolution of the club under DC.

About sums it up really - and those managerial alternatives would be potentially better ones to what we currently have Edited by Owlsofrustration

Maybe it's a stunt to pressure DC into giving him a more stable contract. Doesn't he basically have a rolling 1 year contract at the moment?

And another

Is he really pulling up any trees, or doing owt different to say what Brian Laws would do? Our away form is wee wee poor compared with last season. If he goes there'd be a queue of very capable managers wanting the job. I hope he doesn't go because a change now would set us back a few months but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he f o o ked off.

be nice if you did

Far better position now to attract a manager than at any point in 20 years. Riding high 7th in the league. Having a vacancy in our position would be very different to at any time recently