Kop Owl Gone

Walking through the five arches down Herries Road used to send shivers down your spine - the wall of blue and the proud owl was pretty iconic.

Now it's plastered in black sheeting advertising a morally questionable firm - and there are some that are fine with all that? How can anyone claim it looks anything other than dreadful?

Just how desperate are we to get to the PL? How desperate are we to appease the new regime whatever they do?

I like to think I praise and criticise Chansiri and his regime in equal measures - constructive feedback is good - but it seems some are that terrified of losing him that they'll defend him to the hilt no matter what.

Edited by KivoOwl

Walking through the five arches down Herries Road used to send shivers down your spine - the wall of blue and the proud owl was pretty iconic.

Now it's plastered in black sheeting advertising a morally questionable firm - and there are some that are fine with all that?

Just how desperate are we to get to the PL? How desperate are we to appease the new regime whatever they do?

I like to think I praise and criticise Chansiri and his regime in equal measures - constructive feedback is good - but it seems some are that terrified of losing him that they'll defend him to the hilt no matter what.

OR

we're just not that bothered about a temporary banner (that's helping sustain the club's hopes) that won't be there come next year or will be replaced by another temporary banner of a more morally appeasing company next year. (We can but hope oh sensitive brethren)

Have you walked through the arches today then Kivo?  has it killed it?

I don't know how anyone can moan about having a ''morally questionable'' firm covering the Kop, when Chansiri's family own TUF, a company accused of all sorts of moral questioning exploits.

Laughable.

The Kop looks dreary from the outside anyway. It's not as if the advertising is wiping out The Kop's identity all together. It still says 'Sheffield Wednesday - Hillsborough', and our badge is still there. 

Terrified of losing Chansiri?

Nah mate, just open minded to the fact we need to generate some money, rather than relying in Chansiri's wallet. 

Now it's plastered in black sheeting advertising a morally questionable firm - and there are some that are fine with all that? How can anyone claim it looks anything other than dreadful?

I'm in my mid 50s and love the tradition,history n all that BUT times change!! we nearly lost our club once through lack of income.. do you want the same to happen again !!!????

Yeah that pale, worn out blue look really is something isn't it?

We're in 2015 Kivo, not 1915.

Times change, the world moves on.

I think you should too.

Yeah that pale, worn out blue look really is something isn't it?

We're in 2015 Kivo, not 1915.

Times change, the world moves on.

I think you should too.

He doesnt go any more, so he probably doesnt know what it looks like these days :tongue:

What if this type of advertising enabled lower ticket prices next season?

I agree with ,Kivo.

You have to be careful when little bits of a clubs history and tradition begin to be eroded. One small thing at a time may seem fine and then before you know it the make up of our football club has completely changed and you are not quite sure how it happened.

Not saying that these awful looking signs are fully a bad thing, but those having a go at Kivo seem to be completely blinded and think that anything Chansiri does is a good thing.

As a fan base it is our duty to stand up for the history and traditions of the football and also question things. That is how we all move forward united and in the same direction.

I agree with ,Kivo.

You have to be careful when little bits of a clubs history and tradition begin to be eroded. One small thing at a time may seem fine and then before you know it the make up of our football club has completely changed and you are not quite sure how it happened.

Not saying that these awful looking signs are fully a bad thing, but those having a go at Kivo seem to be completely blinded and think that anything Chansiri does is a good thing.

As a fan base it is our duty to stand up for the history and traditions of the football and also question things. That is how we all move forward united and in the same direction.

He can do what he wants to get us back to being a proper club