Kop Owl Gone

"I don't care what the stadium looks like, it's what's on the pitch that counts"...

(Spends all summer creaming pants over a TV screen and a bit of blue trim around the pitch)..

"Moans about lack of spend, and lack of corporate revenue then moans about sponsorship deal"

lol

there we have it folks.

The blunts will take the p*ss.

Forget about the cheap Jess Ennis sign, or the cheap red & white cladding. Forget about the fact they're in L1.

Let's all concentrate on a flipping sponsorship banner at Hillsborough.

The outrage in this thread is more embarrassing to be honest. Why are people easily offended?

It's ok to advertise betting firms, and booze companies, or who I dare say take advantage of vulnerable people as well, but Christ we must not advertise for a flipping claims firm that nobody had heard of until it was put in big letters on our kop.

There's a difference between being offended and disagreeing/thinking something is poor.

Why are you so easily embarrassed?

Edited by Bluesteel

Ambulance chasers are the scum of the earth. Its a vile , disgusting, immoral idea we have imported from the Yanks. It harms business owners when you have staff looking to claim for the slightest little thing . You have the public being encouraged to claim for tripping over a kerb , or because they were stupid enough to spill hot coffee on themselves.  it bumps up EVERYONES insurance premiums to cover the cash paid out to people claiming for everything they can . 

Edited by S36 OWL

Cant understand what the fuss is about, it's only a covering - it's not permanent and it has been well designed in my opinion.

In fact it makes the stand look less run down.

Although I am not the sort of person to ever make a claim and am lucky enough to not have any loans, I don't have a problem with the sponsor either - its just the modern game and if we are getting much needed funding, so be it.

If Pedigree Chum had been advertised on the side there'd have been a deep argument on here about the calcium content killing dogs or summat.

If John West had been advertised on the side there'd have been a deep argument on here about the ratio of dolphins killed to make their tuna!

oh no, we'll ignore that last one. lol

Nothing beats a bit of fake moral outrage on Owlstalk... :biggrin:

panic-button.png

Exactly my friend.  Why don't they turn their back to the pitch on Saturday if they feel that outraged about it? 

We have appeared commercially unviable for years and have been behind the game with many things and this has been pointed out by many fans; yet when someone does something about it, loads of people moan.  It might outrage and offend some people but, at this point in time, they can truss Hillsborough up like a Christmas cracker for me if it means more money coming into the club. 

Guest Deleted member

"I don't care what the stadium looks like, it's what's on the pitch that counts"...

(Spends all summer creaming pants over a TV screen and a bit of blue trim around the pitch)..

lol