Kop Owl Gone

I don't think anyone has suggested that we shouldn't find more sponsorship or revenue. Those suggesting that either misunderstand or choose to point score. Questions raised relate to the nature of the sponsor (not just a banner but announced as "official partner" of a key institution of Sheffield), whether that makes for good PR or whether it just looks rubbish.

Most people aren't bothered, fair enough, everyone has opinions which is why it isn't all that surprising that some people will also question it -as if anyone here has never questioned the clubs actions on whatever level.

There are some pretty defensive and dismissive comments slating people for their "morals" (a bad thing?) or even "preaching" just because they don't like this latest step down the road. It wasn't so much of an issue when Milan turned the loans company down though because that was club stance to defend.

I can't speak for anyone else but it's not about protesting/not going (in answer to those who suggested those who weren't happy shouldn't go) it's not that big a deal. But i do think it's a shame that we and other clubs have to do this kind of thing amongst others to succeed (which isn't guaranteed) and IMO it looks poor regardless of the current state of the cladding.

Bit preachy m8

You should probably pack up watching football Bluesteel. The whole of football is littered with morally bankrupt people and businesses. Little old Wednesday being sponsored by some local claims firm won't make a difference at all.

yeah but we're more morally bankrupt because we caused the Co op bank to crash and closed down loads of local small businesses down or summat

Loan companies prey on the poor and needy, usually at their lowest ebb. Companies like Zebra, while you may not agree with what they do, prey on the rich conglomerates and seek compensation for (supposed) pain and suffering for the 'little man'.

Massive difference between the morals of these companies in my opinion. To compare the two is disingenuous, at best.

Loan companies prey on the poor and needy, usually at their lowest ebb. Companies like Zebra, while you may not agree with what they do, prey on the rich conglomerates and seek compensation for (supposed) pain and suffering for the 'little man'.

Massive difference between the morals of these companies in my opinion. To compare the two is disingenuous, at best.

Just the rich conglomerates?

Well, maybe not. :biggrin:

However, there's no point going after somebody without money. You'll get absolutely nowt by following that path.

To have a car, you have to have insurance, which everyone has to pay for, regardless of how much money you have.

Just because it's the insurance companies paying out compensation and paying huge legal fees to lawyers, often on the back of fraudulent claims, doesn't mean it isn't poor people paying for it through their premiums.