Kop Owl Gone

Some people need a reality check of the highest order

I'll tell you what lets stay flitting between the third and second tear of English football

also lets stay in a ground falling apart with the odd lick of paint every 5 years just so it passes a safety inspection

also play on a pitch where the drainage is Knackered so it looks like a beach from November onwards

also just sign players who are either not good enough or are at the end of their careers for free

but on the plus side

we will have the moral high ground and will be able to laugh, scoff and call them little tinpot clubs

Clubs such as Watford, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, WBA, Leicester, Southampton,Swansea, Norwich, Stoke  

Yep. I fully understand the need to raise money through sponsorship but the nature and location of it are quite important.

This is just a step below renaming the stadium and looks even worse than the sports direct tat they have all over St James park

I can see why we need to "move with the times" but if people welcome this and don't see this as a sign of how low things have got in the game then IMO it's part of the problem.

what a crock of POO POO

Was it a step towards renaming the stadium when we called the away end the Presto Tools stand

and painted it on do the roof 20 years ago I cant remember us playing in the Presto tools Hillsborough Stadium

I can't believe people are willing to put up with anything and everything as long as it's SWFC that do it...

Tell me the difference between whats done on the kop and what was done to the away end 20 years ago

Presto tools were a local company that made tools rather than a bunch of ambulance-chasing vermin.

ahh so its not the sponsorship you object to its who sponsor us

what a crock of POO POO

Was it a step towards renaming the stadium when we called the away end the Presto Tools stand

and painted it on do the roof 20 years ago I cant remember us playing in the Presto tools Hillsborough Stadium

Tell me the difference between whats done on the kop and what was done to the away end 20 years ago

I said a step below rather than a step toward.

Is presto tools the same kind of company as zebra finance? Was that draped all over the outside of the stadium on the main road together with a club badge?

Did presto tools sponsorship really do us that much good?

Some people need a reality check of the highest order

I'll tell you what lets stay flitting between the third and second tear of English football

also lets stay in a ground falling apart with the odd lick of paint every 5 years just so it passes a safety inspection

also play on a pitch where the drainage is Knackered so it looks like a beach from November onwards

also just sign players who are either not good enough or are at the end of their careers for free

but on the plus side

we will have the moral high ground and will be able to laugh, scoff and call them little tinpot clubs

Clubs such as Watford, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace, WBA, Leicester, Southampton,Swansea, Norwich, Stoke

Which of these clubs have done the same as us with regard to advertising with a similar brand?

Fair enough, I suppose Leicester are too. But I don't think its the absolute necessity that some people are making out. I'd rather take a lower sponsorship deal and if success takes a bit longer then so be it. It just doesn't sit that comfortably with me and if nothing else I think it looks cheap.

Other clubs facing similar financial pressures to us have managed without it haven't they?

Which of these clubs have done the same as us with regard to advertising with a similar brand?

All have had stands or full grounds or Kits sponsored to generate money but I suppose it all depends how far your Moral high ground extends to, most have had involvement with betting companies surely that prays on the weak and desperate or have their kits made by companies that have been proven to have sweatshops in the east and a some have had pay day loan companies as sponsors

or is it just this one particular company and practice you object to

Yep. I fully understand the need to raise money through sponsorship but the nature and location of it are quite important.

This is just a step below renaming the stadium and looks even worse than the sports direct tat they have all over St James park

I can see why we need to "move with the times" but if people welcome this and don't see this as a sign of how low things have got in the game then IMO it's part of the problem.

so, we can only accept advertising from companies you consider ethical? maybe we should hand the V.W money back, and in a place where it's not too noticable, bit of a flawed income generating plan if you ask me

Fair enough, I suppose Leicester are too. But I don't think its the absolute necessity that some people are making out. I'd rather take a lower sponsorship deal and if success takes a bit longer then so be it. It just doesn't sit that comfortably with me and if nothing else I think it looks cheap.

Other clubs facing similar financial pressures to us have managed without it haven't they?

Do you have a name for your high horse?

Maybe get it sponsored.

Why is it unethical to be compensated if you are injured and its not your fault?

Pay day loans are unethical they pray on the most needy, claims companies, although the cold calling is a pain in the arse don't make a penny directly out of the client or the clients compensation.

Or am I to summise that 90% of us on here would put any bad injuries or accidents down to experience and move on.