Kop Owl Gone

All have had stands or full grounds or Kits sponsored to generate money but I suppose it all depends how far your Moral high ground extends to, most have had involvement with betting companies surely that prays on the weak and desperate or have their kits made by companies that have been proven to have sweatshops in the east and a some have had pay day loan companies as sponsors

or is it just this one particular company and practice you object to

lol "moral high ground"

I don't really like claim culture or the loans no.

i just don't think it looks great to be associated with these kind of companies and I'd rather we didn't. It's not a competition to compare who has the most questionable sponsor or to say "well they've done it so why are you complaining"

My original thoughts on this were that it is dissapointing that this is what football clubs have needed to resort to and there is a resigned acceptance to this now that has surprised me. I appreciate I am peeing in the wind and people don't like criticism and success is everything.

But I think it's telling of the effects of aggressive capitalism on football that views like mine are brushed off by some.. and that we now advertise pies at the bottom of the leppings lane end. The need for money distorts all else

You should probably pack up watching football Bluesteel. The whole of football is littered with morally bankrupt people and businesses. Little old Wednesday being sponsored by some local claims firm won't make a difference at all.

You should probably pack up watching football Bluesteel. The whole of football is littered with morally bankrupt people and businesses. Little old Wednesday being sponsored by some local claims firm won't make a difference at all.

I'm not expecting it too and I am aware of the state of football.

Doesn't mean I have to applaud us for the garish banner though

I'm not expecting it too and I am aware of the state of football.

Doesn't mean I have to applaud us for the garish banner though

Not saying you should applaud it. Yeah, it would be lovely if money didn't rule football or the world. Wednesday not allowing such sponsors wouldn't achieve anything...other than make a minority who care about it feel all fuzzy inside.

And there is more

My mate just sent me this

I'm shocked about it

I can't believe some people are ok with it.

Edited by Maxine

The clue is in the word 'accident'.

This culture of everything being someone elses fault needs to be stopped.

It has recently new legislation means you/ambulance chaser have to prove the "accident" and causes were not the fault of the other person/company/employer.

Whereas before you could just say this was wrong/that was wrong etc and the other person/company/employer had to prove otherwise, which 9 times out of 10 is purely circumstancial and virtually

impossible to contest.

It doesn't matter to these firms whether you have any chance of winning. They make their money by packaging up bundles of 'contacts' and selling them on to law firms.

The only thing they bring to the process is creating demand where there once was none by appealing to the greedy and preying on the stupid.

Quite apart from the moral considerations, completely covering the entire KOP in tacky adverts is extremely tinpot and the Blunts are going to rip the wee wee for months...

Edited by owlinexile

Guest Deleted member

And there is more 

My mate just sent me this

Having seen this I reckon the club are really on to something here. Can we cover up the whole of our ground to look like Wembley?

The 'who giz a f..k so long as we've got the money to buy Forestieri' brigade wouldn't be quite so comfortable with it all if they knew how much of their money went into the pockets of solicitors like these every year.

I don't know about this company, but many spend a lot of time and effort pursuing public organisations for what are at times quite bizarre claims. All comes out of general taxation.

(And the banners are absolute tat)

It doesn't matter to these firms whether you have any chance of winning. They make their money by packaging up bundles of 'contacts' and selling them on to law firms.

The only thing they bring to the process is creating demand where there once was none by appealing to the greedy and preying on the stupid.

Quite apart from the moral considerations, completely covering the entire KOP in tacky adverts is extremely tinpot and the Blunts are going to rip the wee wee for months...

lol

there we have it folks.

The blunts will take the p*ss.

Forget about the cheap Jess Ennis sign, or the cheap red & white cladding. Forget about the fact they're in L1.

Let's all concentrate on a flipping sponsorship banner at Hillsborough.

The outrage in this thread is more embarrassing to be honest. Why are people easily offended?

It's ok to advertise betting firms, and booze companies, or who I dare say take advantage of vulnerable people as well, but Christ we must not advertise for a flipping claims firm that nobody had heard of until it was put in big letters on our kop.