Kop Owl Gone

which little bit of our history does a banner erode other than some faded blue paint/rust ???? 

If you read the full post I’m not saying that this does erode our history. I just think it looks poo for what its worth. What I am saying is that this idea of blind faith and ‘Chansiri can do whatever he wants as long as he gets us to the Prem’ is naïve and pretty foolhardy. Jumping on Kivo just because he doesn’t fawn over everything Chansiri does is pretty daft, isn’t it?

Do you think these banners look good? I don’t, but I appreciate, however, that they will be making the club money. What I would say is that there is a line that has to be drawn somewhere on certain things and the argument of “but it is making the club money” doesn’t wash for absolutely everything and you need to be careful of where to draw that line.

I like to think I praise and criticise Chansiri and his regime in equal measures - constructive feedback is good - but it seems some are that terrified of losing him that they'll defend him to the hilt no matter what.

It's a bit of drapery cladded on the back of the Kop, an advertisement a company has paid for to use. More money in the coffers.

But no it looks ugly, I hate you Chansiri. Rekt the kop hope you get 720 noscoped m9

Edited by Tommo_SWFC

Well this thread had come on, comedy.

It makes money ✔️

It represents progress ✔️

It actually makes the Kop looks better ✔️

Can somebody actually show me any reference to Zebra Claims being accused of being an unethical company? Maybe our fans would prefer to be sponsored by Vodafone, Starbucks or the latest tax dodging corporate company, Facebook

Edited by Ash76

Well this thread had come on, comedy.

It makes money ✔️

It represents progress ✔️

It actually makes the Kop looks better ✔️

Can somebody actually show me any reference to Zebra Claims being accused of being an unethical company? Maybe our fans would prefer to be sponsored by Vodafone, Starbucks or the latest tax dodging corporate company, Facebook

Not sure that it does represent progress. The new pitch,scoreboard and stand cladding was progress but banners around the kop look tacky. It makes money though.

It looks far from tacky, was there yesterday.

What I actually meant though is, would Zebra or anyone else for that matter have sponsored the Kop in the last 5 years or so?

If you read the full post I’m not saying that this does erode our history. I just think it looks poo for what its worth. What I am saying is that this idea of blind faith and ‘Chansiri can do whatever he wants as long as he gets us to the Prem’ is naïve and pretty foolhardy. Jumping on Kivo just because he doesn’t fawn over everything Chansiri does is pretty daft, isn’t it?

Do you think these banners look good? I don’t, but I appreciate, however, that they will be making the club money. What I would say is that there is a line that has to be drawn somewhere on certain things and the argument of “but it is making the club money” doesn’t wash for absolutely everything and you need to be careful of where to draw that line.

The main outrage has been from people defending it not opposing it.

I don't like it because it's made an iconic part of our stadium look shi te.

I understand why it's been done but I'm allowed to not like it surely?

(Edit - this was in support of your post)

Edited by ka58