Kop Owl Gone

you never know with engineers, its not really their bag. It may have been a genuine error rather than strategy.

From my experience, LPAs have no qualms about telling people to take things down even if its retrospective. I doubt they will have much reason to refuse this though. It only gets temporary consent to be renewed at a future juncture in most cases.

Edited by Bluesteel

Sometimes it's best to go with three separate applications too as then if there is an issue with one it doesn't hold the others up. The fees involved for signage are usually minimal

Spot on Bluesteel.

you never know with engineers, its not really their bag. It may have been a genuine error rather than strategy.

From my experience, LPAs have no qualms about telling people to take things down even if its retrospective. I doubt they will have much reason to refuse this though. It only gets temporary consent to be renewed at a future juncture in most cases.

If it was the club promoting its own business then fine but the size is still the issue.

I suspect The County Highways Dept will have some comment to make that as it is so huge, it could be considered distracting for drivers at a busy road junction and jeopardizing highways safety.

Also, the LPA may insist on a time limited consent say 6 months based on the fact it is not a permanent fitting and even imposing a condition that it is removed during the close season??

Spot on Bluesteel.

If it was the club promoting its own business then fine but the size is still the issue.

I suspect The County Highways Dept will have some comment to make that as it is so huge, it could be considered distracting for drivers at a busy road junction and jeopardizing highways safety.

Also, the LPA may insist on a time limited consent say 6 months based on the fact it is not a permanent fitting and even imposing a condition that it is removed during the close season??

not as distracting as all those inane messages they put on the led boards on motorways. That busy reading them instead of watching the road lol

not as distracting as all those inane messages they put on the led boards on motorways. That busy reading them instead of watching the road lol

Folk really should concentrate on their driving but it always reminds me how nice Yorkshire people are when I see them giddily waving me through with a clenched fist, I think mouthing the words 'come on' as I smoothly pass them at 85 on the inside lane when those daft signs say 40 - FOG...

Spot on Bluesteel.

Possibly yeah, you usually have a time limited condition in any case but they may look to shorten it if it is a temporary sign. There are some permitted rights for temporary signage but I think the proximity to the highway might negate that.

I just realised you meant something totally different there :blush: