Stadiums under construction thread

I guess it will mess up trivia of the closest english grounds ( nottingham exuded).

Got to be about 20% of all league clubs  have moved to new stadiums.

Everton's is classy they got there in the end after that aborted attempt to take them to Kirkby.

Bout time Simon Inglis got his camera and pen out and did an update if this Football Ground Guides

• Like 1

I see an immediate problem here. Yes what looks like a superb stadium in a picturesque setting. Yet it is surrounded by the water of the old docks and has only one access Road. A further mode of transport infrastructure such as Mono Rail or purpose built designated Tram route would prove useful. Liverpool SAG will have something to say me thinks.

12 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I see an immediate problem here. Yes what looks like a superb stadium in a picturesque setting. Yet it is surrounded by the water of the old docks and has only one access Road. A further mode of transport infrastructure such as Mono Rail or purpose built designated Tram route would prove useful. Liverpool SAG will have something to say me thinks.

Sorry to quote self. But the only exit is a single Road all routes East as Bramley Moor is locked in by the Mersey. The Semi-Outer horse shoe  style ring Road arch from Aintree towards Prescot has lots of open space within a range of 5 or 6 miles. 53K leaving Bramley Moor would be a real headache ! 

The strange tale of Falkirks east stand .

New to me.

Falkirks new stadium  has a main stand and two end stands having a total capacity  of 8,400.

The missing stand is now in an area the council have listed as being in the danger area for the Grangemouth refinery so total capacity of stadium must not exceed 10,000.

If a stand was ever put up ,and assume it would run full length of pitch would only need 8 rows.

On 21/02/2021 at 02:53, mildatheart67 said:

The strange tale of Falkirks east stand .

New to me.

Falkirks new stadium  has a main stand and two end stands having a total capacity  of 8,400.

The missing stand is now in an area the council have listed as being in the danger area for the Grangemouth refinery so total capacity of stadium must not exceed 10,000.

If a stand was ever put up ,and assume it would run full length of pitch would only need 8 rows.

I love Falkirk stadium next to the kelpie. Usually stop there on the way to the Highlands

Leicester announce stadium expansion plans:

image.png.52728c1ef8a52bfbbd9b4f41d4e04674.png

Leicester City FC has unveiled details of plans to build a new East Stand to raise the King Power Stadium capacity by 8,000 seats to 40,000.

The new stand will also be accompanied by a nearby hotel and indoor arena.

As well as a stunning new stand with an illuminated diagrid roof, the club’s owners also plan to build a 220-room hotel and a multi-purpose 6,000 standing capacity indoor arena linked to the stadium by an elevated walkway.

image.thumb.png.5788faa7c53e341a5401420d354d79b2.png

There are also proposals for a new Leicester City retail space, residential and commercial space, as well as a multi-storey car park.

The East Stand will be built on land that is currently the club car park as well as the National Grid building.

The stand has been designed to allow construction to take place while the existing stadium remains operational.

Plans will be submitted this autumn in the hope of gaining planning next spring.

Subject to planning it is hoped construction work could start before the end of the 2022-23 season. The earliest anticipated date for completion is the third quarter of 2024.

In a statement with the launch of public consultation on the proposals, the club said “developments will further underline Leicestershire’s reputation as a home of world-class sport and create a 365-day destination that will support the regeneration of an area that has been the home of the Football Club for 130 years.”

image.png.c7e323b8182f7601213ede275cd0e64d.png

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
5 hours ago, Animis said:

Leicester announce stadium expansion plans:

image.png.52728c1ef8a52bfbbd9b4f41d4e04674.png

Leicester City FC has unveiled details of plans to build a new East Stand to raise the King Power Stadium capacity by 8,000 seats to 40,000.

The new stand will also be accompanied by a nearby hotel and indoor arena.

As well as a stunning new stand with an illuminated diagrid roof, the club’s owners also plan to build a 220-room hotel and a multi-purpose 6,000 standing capacity indoor arena linked to the stadium by an elevated walkway.

image.thumb.png.5788faa7c53e341a5401420d354d79b2.png

There are also proposals for a new Leicester City retail space, residential and commercial space, as well as a multi-storey car park.

The East Stand will be built on land that is currently the club car park as well as the National Grid building.

The stand has been designed to allow construction to take place while the existing stadium remains operational.

Plans will be submitted this autumn in the hope of gaining planning next spring.

Subject to planning it is hoped construction work could start before the end of the 2022-23 season. The earliest anticipated date for completion is the third quarter of 2024.

In a statement with the launch of public consultation on the proposals, the club said “developments will further underline Leicestershire’s reputation as a home of world-class sport and create a 365-day destination that will support the regeneration of an area that has been the home of the Football Club for 130 years.”

image.png.c7e323b8182f7601213ede275cd0e64d.png

I like it, beats the soulless bowl they have now which is just the same as Derby, Southampton, Stoke etc 

it’s my fear if we get a new ground it’ll be like all of those 

12 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Currently 3rd bottom int conference, think this one is a long way off.

Looks nice though.

This probably won't help in them getting the Government approval either: https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/19673108.blues-chairman-ron-martin-court-alleged-fraud/

I sometimes go birding at Wallsea Island which required getting a bus out of Southend and past the site where the new stadium is planned to be. It always looked a bit sad with all the exciting-looking branded hoarding, but knowing that the club was on a slippery slope to near-oblivion.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Currently 3rd bottom int conference, think this one is a long way off.

Looks nice though.

I thought the same but the plans have been approved this week and perhaps key to it is that the site will include over 180 new homes and the old ground will also be redeveloped into 500 homes. 

11 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Looks like a half built Holiday Inn

Probably is - the site will include a hotel with 107 rooms.

Don't get why they need 22,000 capacity when they haven't had over 5,000 for years and even when they were last in the Championship they only got 10,000.