Stadiums under construction thread

I wonder if there are any stadia across the country which were built using RAAC concrete.

If so this thread could get quite busy with the work that would be needed.

Possibly not many at all as I don't think there was a big focus on new grounds between 60s and 80s when this was supposed to have been common.

2 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I wonder if there are any stadia across the country which were built using RAAC concrete.

If so this thread could get quite busy with the work that would be needed.

Possibly not many at all as I don't think there was a big focus on new grounds between 60s and 80s when this was supposed to have been common.

Hopefully, your West Stand (wasn't that built in the 60's?) and we get massive Government funding to knock it down and rebuild!

On 04/07/2023 at 11:41, alanharper said:

I thought Everton were supposed to be moving into their new ground for the start of next season, but that looks unlikely now. Seems it won't be finished until midway through the 24/25 season, giving the dilemma of whether to move grounds in the middle of the season, or delay the opening until the start of 25/26.

So Goodison may see Championship football yet!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-new-stadium-latest-breaking-27119262

I don’t think they’d be allowed to switch half way through a season 

3 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

I don’t think they’d be allowed to switch half way through a season 

Tottenham definitely switched mid way through the season. It was April time when they played their first match. I think they played 5 games that season in their new stadium, so don't see why Everton won't be able to.

11 hours ago, Geedee said:

One thing that always puzzles me when people raise "How will we pay for it?!" on the topic of moving from or upgrading Hillsborough..

Where do folk think Oxford are finding £100m from?

• Like 1