Stadiums under construction thread

On 01/12/2020 at 09:35, danblakemore said:

Annfield Road expansion, taking Annfield to 61,000

AnfieldRoadEnd.jpg

4706.jpg

The people running Liverpool just seem to keep making the right decisions.

A top class modern stadium being evolved whilst keeping the heritage of the past.

• Like 6

On 13/12/2020 at 08:10, mattitheowl said:

Only because they keep getting turned down for building a new one!

That's not true though. The owners did the same thing they did in Boston for the Red Sox and looked into it before deciding they would prefer to keep the existing stadia but improve it.

19 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

They have the misfortune of being surrounded by housing whereas Liverpool aren't

It was in the middle of loads of houses. Not so much amymore but there are still some right next to tge ground. They had a compulsory purchase order of houses before they built the new stand;

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fcs-anfield-stadium-cpo-6242265

Everton had approval in Kirkby but the fans didn't want to be outside the city limits so they didn't go through with it. The current land they are working towards building on is virtually in the city centre, they will have to buy up numerous businesses in the area to make it work.

• Thanks 1

Just watching Brentford v Leicester and I know the different coloured seating is to break up the mass areas of red seats when the ground isn’t full (like Bramall Lane for a play off semi) but is there any science to the exact layout or is it, as appears, completely random. 

1 hour ago, kirksandallowl said:

Just watching Brentford v Leicester and I know the different coloured seating is to break up the mass areas of red seats when the ground isn’t full (like Bramall Lane for a play off semi) but is there any science to the exact layout or is it, as appears, completely random. 

Love their be stadium tbh.

I would love us to build something like that.

Don't like the multicoloured seats though.

1 hour ago, trev said:

I don't like it. 

The way the stands behind the goals get smaller nearer the main stand looks strange and the outside of the ground looks a bit dull and nondescript too. 

On 24/01/2021 at 16:34, trev said:

Could be wrong but is this a "community" stadium as in for concerts etc not just football basically attempting to be neutral?

Cardiff ( Bluebirds) the owner wanted to swap to Red shirts ( meant tho be a prosperous colour in far east).

That went down as well as you can imagine.

When they built the upper deck of the main stand he fitted that out with RED seats.

I'm olden days. ibrox and away end at Anfield has blocks of different clashing away colours ,looked horrible

4 hours ago, mildatheart67 said:

Cardiff ( Bluebirds) the owner wanted to swap to Red shirts ( meant tho be a prosperous colour in far east).

That went down as well as you can imagine.

When they built the upper deck of the main stand he fitted that out with RED seats.

I'm olden days. ibrox and away end at Anfield has blocks of different clashing away colours ,looked horrible

St Johnstone have multi coloured seating and it just looks odd. Should have just had blue which is their traditional colours. 

st-johnstone-fc-mcdiarmid-park-ormond-stand-1432118534.jpg.30e41779617c7fc97379b98aa7059e19.jpgst-johnstone-fc-mcdiarmid-park-north-stand-1432118533.jpg.96d85ad96fb89bcc611ac0214c073e84.jpgst-johnstone-fc-mcdiarmid-park-main-stand-1432118533.jpg.eced691882248a1f531e0b821aaf6361.jpgst-johnstone-fc-mcdiarmid-park-east-stand-1432118531.jpg.e1d45746ee302d5aa009e928b6f4150f.jpg