Carlos Carvalhal Appointed Head Coach - OFFICIAL

Finding it hard to be too fussed either way here, definitely more optimistic than pessimistic though. We are trying something a bit different so I'm rolling with it. No point crying that hes a bit of an unknown. So what? Loads of people are until they make their mark.

I back every manager and player and think they'll all be fine. Reight happy clapper me. Probably better for my sanity and stress levels though having read some of the drivel posted on this site recently. I really hope the theory that loads of posters are pigs or on the wind up is true, otherwise we have got some seriously crazy fans.

Good post.

I just think that negativity and knocking the club at any opportunity is the current in vogue thing. Hope its a phase that passes soon.

I am also finding it difficult to get enthused about all this..................when Gray first went i,m pretty damn sure we all expected a higher profile manager/coach in charge , or at least someone who , although unknown to us , had an impressive CV behind him.

Player recruitment seems to be centered on the foreign market , which is no bad thing given domestic fees , but to do this en mass would be really risky.

None of this will stop me supporting them , but i would be lying to myself if i said i was confident...........hope to God i,m wrong , Good luck Carlos.

15 years years of utterly miserable football with awful players has left a big mental scar on a lot of people judging by some of the responses.  It is a big two months now for CC and the committee to get us ready for the kick off. One thing is for sure, he will have bags of enthusiasm and will not fear the sack. There are no grey areas, he is here to please DC and get results.  He won't care less about the continued historic underachievement of this sleeping giant that has made previous managers crumble,  and that can only be a good thing.

I had a lot of time for Stuart Gray - absolutely top man. Wish him all the best. Whether he could have took us to the next level, we'll never know. He's sacking was very harsh, but also understandable. We didn't do very well from Februar to May. 

In Carvalhal we have a relatively unknown coach to most of us, if not all. But it seems to me the new owner knows what he wants, and that he along with the committee has done his homework on Carvalhal, and that they've actually gone for someone who buys into the philosophy of how the club wants to operate on and off the field - not just the biggest name available. 

After all, looks like Carlos was first choice to me. 

I'm pretty optimistic. Now appoint an assistant head coach with some proper knowledge of the Championship, and we should be OK. 

<p>

João Mário represented Portugal at the UEFA European Under-21 Championship in 2015, netting the only goal of their opening group win over England.[5]

João Cunha is a professional Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner :wacko:

Bruno Lage

Coach Al Ahli F.C. DubaiAugust 2012– Present (2 years 11 months)

Season 13 / 14 - Reserve Team

Season 12 / 13 – Under-19 (Open)1 recommendation

• ghost_person_40x40_v1.png Manuel Gomes Controller (Account and Taxes) at Siemens, SA

Bruno is a big trainer with a vast technical knowledge. I consider a big driver of teams Worked with him in the Sport Lisbon and Benfica and know well his workView

06b2f2a.png Coach Sport Lisboa e BenficaJuly 2004– July 2012(8 years 1 month)

Season 11 / 12 – Under-17

Season 10 / 11 – Under-17

Season 09 / 10 – Under-17

Season 08 / 09 – Under-15

Season 07 / 08 – Under-15

Season 06 / 07 – Under-19

Season 05 / 06 – Under-17 and Under-11

Season 04 / 05 – Under-16 and Under-11

Education

Football Federation of England UEFA Study Group - Elite Youth Football2012– 2012

Activities and Societies: Theorical and practical sessions with the English FA national teams and coaches, Chelsea FC, Reading FC and Watford FC. (Including visits to Chelsea Academy and Reading Academy).

Football Federation of Portugal UEFA Basic Licence, Football

Instituto Superior de Ciências da Saúde-Sul Bachelor of Science (BSc), Sciences of Physical Education, Health and Sports

Honors & Awards

Additional Honors & Awards

Sport Lisboa e Benfica

Season 2011-2012

Named “Coach of the Year”, on the 108th Sport Lisboa e Benfica anniversary Gala

Season 2010-2011

Winner of the U17 national championship

Season 2009-2010

Named “Coach of the Year”, on the 106th Sport Lisboa e Benfica anniversary Gala

Season 2008-2009

Winner of the U15 national championship

Season 2005-2006

Winner of the U11 championship

Winner of the Dunluce Trophy at Milk Cup - International Youth Football Tournament - U17, Northern Ireland

Season 2004-2005

Winner of the U11 championship

Estrela Futebol Clube, de Vendas Novas

Season 2002-2003

Runner-up of the 3rd Division-F Series; promotion to the 2nd Division B

Apart that is there anything else to know?

I wonder if we are giving ourselves until the 9th of July to find an English coach to work with Carvalhal so that we can announce them in the press conference together.

Brilliant how more people spell Carvalhal correctly than could spell Gray correctly!

I wonder if we are giving ourselves until the 9th of July to find an English coach to work with Carvalhal so that we can announce them in the press conference together.

Brilliant how more people spell Carvalhal correctly than could spell Gray correctly!

Seems odd bringng in an English coach for the sake of it....

If it's Cooper you'd think he's in it purely to fill the gap should the Carvalhal gamble go ***$ up

Doesn't make sense to me to have them both working together

Edited by BRUCE LEE

Think the years have taken their toll coz we have been a laughing stock at times the two years of epic failure in league 1 spring to mind where we finished bottom half it looked like we could enter a new era but seems not the guy has invested in a new pitch but surely anyone would have after last seasons problems. oh a big screen too boot.Seems like we are set to pay the £350 k transfer fees of the last 15 year too.The club have become a championship club who can't compete at the top end of the league and it looks set to continue that way

I hear what you are saying. I think we will probably have a similar season this year to charlton last year. Lots of unknown players coming in, an unheard of manager (by most associated with this level of football) but we will find a decent enough spine, with one or two surprise foreign signings that will turn out to be assets. Ultimately though another season of unpredictable results probably lies ahead. Is that good enough for the majority of fans? probably not but a steep learning curve and a settled pre season in 2016-17 with key additions may well see us challenge for the top 6 at that point.

To be honest I am a bit underwhelmed by this.

Got a very mediocre record and doesn't stop anywhere for too long.

I did hear that he doesn't speak very good English which if true is a bit worrying.

But like most fans I am a bit fickle and a couple of 1-0 wins at the start of the season will win me over.

Think the years have taken their toll coz we have been a laughing stock at times the two years of epic failure in league 1 spring to mind where we finished bottom half it looked like we could enter a new era but seems not the guy has invested in a new pitch but surely anyone would have after last seasons problems. oh a big screen too boot.Seems like we are set to pay the £350 k transfer fees of the last 15 year too.The club have become a championship club who can't compete at the top end of the league and it looks set to continue that way

It has been terrible and our greatest success has been two promotions from league one, let that sink in

We are currently in a very healthy position and the new owner is not afraid to kick ass

There will be plenty of comings and goings between now and the end of the season, I don't think DC will be one to sit on his laurels

I'm not sure what our financial restraints are, but to judge so early smacks of desperation for the new regime to fail

Yes, DC will make mistakes, it's how he makes amends and bounces back, that will be his true test

I was one of those. Soz.

Huge gamble. Could change the way the game is played in the Championship if successful. On the other hand we could end up as a total embarrassment if it does,nt work. I have to give credit to Chansiri for having the bottle to completely change it, at the end of the day its his money which he is risking. We could take the league by storm playing a brand of football other teams cannot adapt to or we could end up rock bottom. Hold onto your hats this could be an amazing ride. Chansiri will change it should it not work out so lets just back the man and show him full support.

Going on his previous record I'm totally undewhelmed. I would say this puts us in-line to be the first club to change their manager this season.

DC did say he was going to change things and he certainly has. He also said he knows nothing about football and that's painfully obvious too.

Hope I'm completely wrong and we run away with the league; right.